Old March 29, 2000, 01:40   #61
Captain Kirk

Local Time: 06:17
Local Date: October 31, 2010
OOC: Dark Fox usually we refer to each other as our nation i.e. Japan in this case. But it's okay you're a newbie

IC
Japan doesn't see any benefits from pacting with a perverted racist nation. However if you convince us of your resources and freedoms we will consider allying with you!

P.S. - Mao I think I'll just conquer them.
Old March 29, 2000, 01:43   #62
Djugashvili
Emperor

OOC: I am sooooo sorry I haven't gotten a meaningful post in!! My computer time has been restricted a whole lot... I'll get a good one in soon, hopefully. I'm still here, though
Old March 29, 2000, 01:52   #63
Dark Fox

to japan - we believe that we can both profit from each other. we have significant mineral resources (specifically gold). and we have gotten rid of our racist leaders. please consider this treaty.

to germany - would consider a non-agression pact?

Old March 29, 2000, 01:57   #64
gscott23x3
Prince

CW News July 1-15 2001

CW in chaos...rogue commanders flee with core troops...air force and navy in chaos...army called in to put down chaos...citizens watch in fear of civil war...President Rossi prays in public for calm and order

CW announces new research intiative...Plans accepted for new Jet Fighter and Assault helicopter...testing and development to take 1 to 2 years...will not see combat until 2003 at earliest...February 2004 most likely

Jet Fighter to be named W-1 Killer Bee and Copter to be named H-1 Hunter...both to be low radar profiled, heavily armed and armored, prefabricated parts for mass assembly, folding wings for cave and tunnel deployment, and VTOL for the Killer Bee. Aircraft to be stationed mainly out of National Redoubt.

To Germany: We recieved the money for the subs and it was used to give a super jumpstart on our new Jet and helicopter initiative lessening development time by at least 6 months, now down to 2 years tops. Thank you and enjoy the subs...our factories are ready to ship the first shipment of fighters as well...2 squadrons (24) of them are ready and on their way.

To UK: How goes your battles with Ireland? Our ships are returning to their bases for repair and resupply and will then resume bombing and striking Ireland's military establishment.

To South Africa: We welcome you into the brotherhood of nations and we hope that you return peace to the war ravaged land.

To Japan: We will support any peaceful military intervention into the remnants of the SOuth Asian kingdon as long as it is condoned by China, ask them for permission or support first!

Old March 29, 2000, 02:00   #65
Bolo
King

Local Time: 23:17
Local Date: October 30, 2010

Peace with Italy

Negotiations at the ICQ hotel in Geneva have yeilded a cease fire and general peace treaty. In exchange for Savoy and Corsica the armies of Italy are pulling out from around Marseille and returning to their nation. This peace means the Iberian Union is no longer at war with any nation in Europe and can begin the tedious process of rebuilding its wartorn area's.
The President has said that the Area of France controlled by the Union will be demilitarized as a show of good faith to the Union's neighbors. All war industries will be dismanteld and moved into Iberia with the exception of the shipyards in Marseille and Arcachon.
Old March 29, 2000, 04:28   #66
Scott F
Prince

Local Time: 01:17
Map posted to new thread page:
Old March 29, 2000, 10:47   #67
Captain Kirk

DEMENSTRATIONS ABATE IN PHILIPINNES

Today the currency demenstrations in Manila finally quit. Japanese troops sent out to control the protestors have done their job well. The Polynesian governor has personaly thanked the Japanese garrison commander for restoring order. We hope that this will mean a new start for the Philipinnes.

CIVIL WAR IN SAK

Rumors of civil war in the SAK have been confirmed by Emperor Akihito. It appears that rogue factions within the SAK government have staged a coup against the loyal factions. Shogun Yomitsu has told the media that he plans to send Japanese troops into the SAK to quell the civil war with Chinese permission. So far the ICE has not responded.

NEW GOVERNMENT

A new governemnt has emerged in former New South Africa. The new govenrment looks to strentghen it's police force and ally with the Empire. No comment from the governemnt.

To China - Well what do you say? Should we restore order to the SAK (conqueor)?

To CW - We hope that you can quell these disturbances in your nation. Emperor Akihito himself is worried for your country.

To NRA - We will consider your request.
Old March 29, 2000, 11:13   #68
monolith94
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 02:17
This Month, Canada shall begin building defensive lines bordering on the CTA and the USDA. Factories and scientists will be working on the manufacturing of Planes, tanks, and new weapons. We will also look into the POSSIBILITY, of an SDI defense.
Old March 29, 2000, 14:14   #69
Patriqvium
Prince

Local Time: 08:17
To: Empire of Japan
===========================
If SAK will be subjugated to your regime, we suggest a deal of dividing the land between us. In other words: we assist you in possible military campaigns; you let us take the southern peninsula.

OOC: Canada, you don't need any SDI:s; nukes are banned in this thread.
Old March 29, 2000, 16:45   #70
Napoleon Bonaparte
Prince

Brasilia

-Emperor, we have a dissident from Uraguay.

-Bring him in.

-Here he is sir, one name Abdule Whistler.

-What do you plea you dirty, rat infested, bubonic plague carrying, dog?

-I plea to pee. I have to go to the bathroom.

-I'll fix that.
Napoleon removed his sidearm and fired it by Whistler's ear. The man released his fluids right there.

-There you go.
Waits a minute.
-You urintated on my floor!! You shall suffer for this. I bet your Jewish too!

-I am not sir, I am Catholic.

-Ah! Even worse!
He notices the Major he recently had a talk with about Catholicism shift uneasily and smirked at that.
-You believe in God Whislter?

-Uhhh...mmmm...Yes I do.
He shifts uneasily, expecting some kind of punishment.

-What has this God done for you? Do you know he is about? Does he help you?

-Uh...I like to believe so.

-Bah! There is no God! Just for that you will die now!!
BANG! A gunshot goes off next to Whistler's other ear.
-Thought I wuld kill you, eh?

Whistler is now visibly shaking.
-I am sorry sir. I will let you join and have Lockheed...

That was as far as he do, Napoleon silenced him with the pistol.
-I don't want everyone to know my personal life.

(OOC: Sorry. I had an interesting interaction with someone and needed to relieve tension.)

To: Argentina

You have negotiated with the wrong people. Instead of negotiating with the REAL leaders of Uraguay and Paraguay, you negotiated with heretics. Your standing has been lowered significantly with Uraguay and Paraguay, they have donated 150,000 men and women to the effort.

In the skies over Chile

-Delta One, moving in to range.

-Aye Delta One, we are monitoring you and reading you 5x5. Let's see what those spitballs can do.

-:Laughter: Yes sir. I wonder what those Chileans can throw at me.

Delta One is a special fighter pilot. His job is to go in and light up his screen, attracting as much enemy fire as possible. This purpose is used to test air defense and only the newest recruit does it. If he comes back alive, he is promoted to Captain. It has become a right of pasage for real officers, rumor has it that Napoleon did this over Desert Storm with America.

-Enemy fire coming, evasive manuevers.

-Aye Delta One. Good Call.

-My God Sir. They are old AA guns, must be at least from the late 70s.

-That still constitutes a threat Airman. They will be neutralized. Evade the fire and return home, we have what we want.

-Aye sir.

The Peruvian soldiers looked on at the plane, many thought it was Chilean, many thought it was Brazilian, they all thought it was stupid. Little did they know the value of the information he retrieved. The pilot ha not roused any enemy fighters, a bad sign for Chile, a good thing for us. Normally that run would have aroused fighters, but it didn't. Many jokes went around the camp that night about the Chileans.

------------------
Almighty ruler and Resident God!!
Old March 29, 2000, 16:57   #71
Hodad

Germany:
We have called for elections, but the UN ignores us.
Please cease hostilities as you said you would.
We are ready to negotiate.
We are also appaled at your treatment of our diplomats and people!

Brazil and Peru:
Your tanks cannot cross the Andes without proper roads.
It is impossible for you to make an assault with tanks on our nation.
Your only answer is to paradrop: We can put 5 squadrons in the air in up to 10min.
Or invade by sea: But you have no landing craft and any incoming ships will either be taken out by the mines or the bombers armed with Maverick missiles or by my modified T-Boats (which by the way are ready) or by my 2 cruisers, 7 destroyers or carrier or battleship which were constructed over the last 8 months.
Please accept a negotiation!
Plus, you do not produce enough food to feed your entire populace, I shall destroy your trade convoys carrying vital grain.
PLEASE NEGOTIATE! WE SHALL BOTH BE EXHAUSTED BY THE END OF THIS WAR! DON'T FORCE YOUR PEOPLE TO SUFFER!

To REST OF WORLD:
Germany has arrested Chilean diplomats in German territory and all Chileans living in German land and has enclosed them in guettos for "their own safety".
We have recieved a threat from Germany that all these people will be killed if we do not surrender.
So if you support Germany, say Hail Hitler! to Scott F, or join us in the crusade to rid ourselves of Fascist tyrants.
The Germans will endeavor in another "Final Solution"

News in El Mercurio:
Oil Goes on Ration! Only for strict military uses.

Oil wells and refineries destroyed by German bombs shall be reapired by tomorrow RT. This will cut Chilean reserves by 35%

A Chilean submarine captured a Peruvian trading vessel carrying vital grain for Peru.

An air raid on Peruvian factories has taken its call. Yesterday, 9 Peruvian factories were destroyed by Chilean fire in La Paz. By the time that the Peruvians responded the planes were well away and out of range.

THE GERMANS BEGIN THE SECOND FINAL SOLUTION!!
Germans torture Chilean prisoners in guettos!
Yesterday, intelligence reports stated that Chilean prisoners in Germany are being thrown into Guettos and are being tortured mercilessly.

Evacuation of Children is underway in Chilean major cities.
After the attacks by German cruise missiles, the Chilean authorities have stressed the importance of this...
"After hearing the reports of the Germans torturing defenceless women and children we can only expect their next targets to be our Kindergardens."

Old March 29, 2000, 17:02   #72
Hodad

Remember that all our pilots are veterans and have recieved Argentinian training and Argentine pilots are the best in the world.

Old March 29, 2000, 17:07   #73
Mao
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

To: Japan

If you wish to invade, so be it. We cannot offer aid to you as we are commited elsewhere. However, in the humanitarian interests, we propose that a new border be drawn up. In the new border, the Chinese Empire will have lands 100 miles beyond the modern boundaries in Vietnam and Laos as a refugee area in which the peoples of these nations may live in peace on their own home soil under our guard.

Old March 29, 2000, 17:10   #74
Mao
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

OOC:
quote:

Originally posted by Hodad on 03-29-2000 04:02 PM
Remember that all our pilots are veterans and have recieved Argentinian training and Argentine pilots are the best in the world.

Excuse me while I laugh... Best pilots in the world? I don't think so. Veterans? What conflict did you fight in before? Falklands? Maybe... But your pilots certainly are not the best in the world. I hope that was at least just propaganda and you don't believe that. In posts like that it gets hard to distinguish between an IC post and an OOC post.
Old March 29, 2000, 17:34   #75
Mao
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

In Africa...

African Campaign Continues...

The vanguards of the two Chinese spearheads met today along the coast of Gabon. The quick success was due largely to the fact that the militaries of Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, and Congo had retreated in good order with the majority of their forces to the interior of the country. They had retreated due to the overwhelming shore bombardment and air superiority of the Chinese and German navies and air forces. Inland, however, they could make their stand and Chinese forces would not have the benefit of shore bombardments. With the linking of Chinese forces, the countries of Gabon, Congo, and Equatorial Guinea decided to ally their forces together, frustraing Sino-Prussian tacticians. German forces also advanced along the Congo River, on the eastern border of Congo with air support in an effort to enclose the invaded countries. The African forces, however, realized that if the border was closed, they would have no way to retreat. They put up stiff resistance which German forces are having a harder time getting through. The German advance is slow up steady with the northern contingent advancing an estimated 100 miles southward and the southern contingent advancing northward 150 miles. With the Chinese forces linked up, they will cur eastward in an effort to meet with German forces in on the eastern border of Congo. If this move proves successful, African countries seeking shelter in the inland areas will be flanked and cut in half.

Meanwhile another Chinese division and enough equipment for three divisions have arrived in Accra via tankers and newly-built cheap transport vessels reminiscent of the American "Liberty Ships" of the second World War. These ships have little armor and armament, but are not meant for combat situations but rather to transport troops and materials to a safe port.

The forces of Ghana have fleed northward into Burkina Faso from well-armed rebel forces. A temporary government has already been set up in Accra, with the local warlord acting as the legislative body until something more permanent can be established. A Colonial Minister has already been dispatched to Ghana and the country will be a colonial territory governed like Rhode Island. The well-armed "rebels" will be recruited as the Colonial Guard of Ghana.

Meanwhile in Ivory Coast and Liberia, new shipments of equipment have been delivered to rebels with the promise that they will become a colony of the Empire. As soon as Ghana is stabilized as a colony of the Empire, the two divisions there will be replaced by the Colonial Guard of Ghana as the garrison so the two divisions may actively aid rebels in Ivory Coast and Liberia.

In Rhode Island...

The flood of refugees continue in Rhode Island with the population sky-rocketing to 3 million within months. There are already enough volunteers for 3 divisions to form the Colonial Guard of Rhode Island. Equipment has been shipped to Rhode Island to equip these three divisions. Imperial divisions currently stationed there will be removed from Rhode Island and be sent to where they are needed more once the Colonial Guard of Rhode Island gets on its feet and can become a permanent garrison. The Colonial guardsmen of Rhode Island, though just accepted, are being trained first hand by the regular Imperial divisions. Due to the fact that many of the new volunteers used to serve in the UDSA and British military, they need only minimal training. WIth the flood of refugees also comes great problems with unemployment and poverty. The Beauracracy today voted to allocate $500 million USD to help Rhode Island with its economy with more funds pending. Though the newly opened ports at Gosport and the colonial garrison are a good outlet for the umemployed, they have recently had to turn back workers due to the great number of them.

The General Assembly of Rhode Island today voted to start various public works projects to rebuild the infrastructure of the territory as well as reducing unemployment.

"To fix the infrastructure of the war-torn territory may take long, but it'll be worth it," said Representative Marc Catone of Providence.

"Rhode Island has seen her fair share of wars, but not as many as some other territories. Fixing it would be a large task, but a feasible one," said Representative Linda Rossi of Fall River.

The bill is expected to pass through both the Governor's Office and the Colonial Minister's Office, the executive branch of the colonial government, without any problems.

In China...

The Imperial Guard has been fully equipped with the M1K1 (same as the M1A2 Abrams, just under a Korean license) and F-15s and F-16s. Older tanks and planes are also being phased out in regular elements of the Imperial militaries.
Old March 29, 2000, 17:39   #76
Mao
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

To: Chile

Please give us manifest proof of German atrocities. A nation simply claiming that their enemy is commiting atrocities may just be propaganda. We wish to lead a Red Cross mission to German camps to see their treatment of civilians have verify it for ourselves.
Old March 29, 2000, 17:56   #77
Mao
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

To: IU (Iberian Union, you don't mind if I use that in the future, do you Bolo?)

It appears that hostilities between you and the German Empire, our ally, has ended. We would like to get friendlier relations between our nations. It seems that your nation has just suffered from a defeat, and we hate to see people suffer. We have many companies here in the Empire that are ready to invest in your country, please give us the OK.

To: GE (German Empire)

Are our three paratrooper divisions still necessary in Europe? If not, we would like to divert them to our African Campaign.

The Imperial Chinese Empire has undertaken a new doctrine of sending green units to active areas so that they may gain experience for war and become veterans while veterans are bought back to the Empire to train new units.
Old March 29, 2000, 18:57   #78
Scott F
Prince

Local Time: 01:17
Mod Stuff:

Other nations, including Brazil and Peru, have better pilots and better planes than Chile and Peru. The damaged refineries will take at least two months to fix. Refineries are large, expensive, and complex.

The Chilean navy has no battleships and no carriers. Check the previously listed site as to what ships they have. Chile has not been in the game long enough to have built more than destroyers.

You will notice that the post regarding the Chileans in Germany was labeled as secret. This means that Chile knows that something has happened to their people, but they do not know what exactly. Anything else is propaganda.
Old March 29, 2000, 19:08   #79
Lord Sigma

The UK today, annouced its willingness to moderate Chilean and Argentine elections to make certain electoral fraud does not occur. Hopefully this will end hostilities in South America. If not more drastic actions may have to be taken.

New Zealand today has set up a referendum to be held sometime next month to join the United Kingdom. NZ's Prime minister cited cultural similarities and the need for a more secure defense of the Island.(ooc: other nations you may post the results at your leisure.)

Old March 29, 2000, 19:34   #80
DarthVeda
Emperor

To: Germany

That Oscar is being sent to you now. We expect prompt payment

=-=-=-=-=
Elswhere (And in secret)....

7 Victor IIIs and 4 Akula Submarines were recalled from the Peruvian coast and set to active duty around the Vladivostok area.

3 Additional Akula submarines have already deployed to the area, and 3 Oscar-II class SSGNs are being deployed as well. 4 Kilos are also operating off the coast of Kamchatka.
Old March 29, 2000, 20:26   #81
Napoleon Bonaparte
Prince

OOC: ARGH! What is the date?

IC:

Brazil builds landing craft

Brazilian Generals have just ok'd an offer by General Dynamics to build enough landing craft to land 100,000 men and women. The order will put almost 30 craft into the NSR navy, making it quite formidable for an invasion over the sea. Another order for the same number of craft plus several AEGIS Destroyers will be placed in several weeks.

Wulfgar armor increased after flaw was found

To: Germany

May we have the secret to Chobham(sp?) armor?

To: Argentina

We await your reply. If you do not reply in 2 Real Days then we will assume you surrender.

------------------
Old March 29, 2000, 22:33   #82
Bearcat
King

OOC - Excuse me while I laugh. Chilean pilots flying all the way to La Paz bombing some factories and leaving. Perhaps you should check a map!? I could of easily shot you down. And you really think that blowing up the Andes is going to do any good. That's all for now.

[This message has been edited by Bearcat (edited March 29, 2000).]
Old March 29, 2000, 22:34   #83
monolith94
Mac
Emperor

*Top Secret Military Project*

In naystrength, Canada will be designing and testing new concept boats, nautical vessels based on the catamaran design. These will supposedly offer greater speed, stealth, strength and launching space for missles or planes. Greater speed can be reached because of the triple enging design, stealth technology will be used to a limited degree, and another benefit is that cruise missles hitting such a vessel would cripple, but not completely destroy it. In most surcamstances, one or two engines should be able to run, allowing the disabled vessel to return home. There are three module catamarans thought to be useful to the Canadian navy. The first would be a small destroyer sized catamaran, designed for speed, with one small cannon, and filled with missles. The second is a larger catamaran with 3-5 cannons, extra strength against missles at greatly reduced speed, and also with missle turrets. The third, and probably the largest, is a carrier catamaran, which would also offer a more stable landing surface, due to the three-tiered design. Canadian engineers hope to produce a prototype class 1 Catamaran by next year, Class 2 in three years, and a prototype Class 3 in 4-5 years.
Old March 29, 2000, 22:41   #84
monolith94
Mac
Emperor

"100,000 men and women. The order will put almost 30 craft into the NSR navy"

That would require each ship to be carrying 3,333 'men and women'. You sure they are that big? I would put it as 60 craft into the NSR navy, but, whatever floats your boat!!!

(Get it? Floats your boat??? )
Old March 30, 2000, 01:22   #85
Black Dragon

To Chile and Argentina:

All offers, and requests, are denied. We will not negotiate with terrorist states.

To Russia: After discussion with our allies, we decided it was beter to keep the Chobham technology ours.

Old March 30, 2000, 01:25   #86
gscott23x3
Prince

CW News July 15-30 2001

Order restored in CW...military groups arrested...leaders tried and executed...officers court martialed...all 267 renegade military personnel disciplined.

CW to pull out of Ireland conflict...Atlantic Fleet desperately needs repairs and resupply

CW troops lose in wargames to China...outnumbered and out of ammunition the troops surrendered in the Beijing siege exercise.

CW troops in Africa to go home....Warvis Bay to be strictly Naval Facility...Vnaguard and Black Sea Bases to go to Navy as well...will be used as forward bases...small garrisons to police them.

CW bringing some troops home...will train and go on extended leave...CW leadership shaken by near civil war.

CW Caribbean detachments to return home...war seen as South American affair...Caribbean Fleet sets sail for Cuba...armies to withdraw immediately

Fabrication of New Fighter and helicopter begin in Oak Ridge...testing to early next year...money from German purchases flows into projects

To Canada: It has come to our attention that you have begun a research effort although we cannot ascertain what it is you are researching...we wish you luck nonetheless and offer our hand should you wish to jointly research. We would like to ask you to join our research team at Oak Ridge so that we may jointly develop the Fighter and helicopter!

To Germany: We have recieved the payment and we thank you and more are on the way at the end of the month!

To China: Congratulations on your victory over our forces near beijing in the exercise...we hope our long term deployment is increasing sino-american cooperation in all concerned military matters!

To UK: Our results from District one are in and we hope this goes for all of the island...New Zealand deserves to be protected by the British and Australians.

Old March 30, 2000, 11:57   #87
monolith94
Mac
Emperor

To: CW

What you have suspected is correct. Although we will jointly work with you to help develop the helicopter and jet, we must work on this project by ourselves. Canada must be seen as a nation that can do things by itself, this will be a moral victory. Rest assured, you will share in the profits.

To: China

We would like to start a foreign exchange student program, to help our two cultures work together far into the future. Are you willing to do this?
Old March 30, 2000, 15:51   #88
DarthVeda
Emperor

July 10th, 2001

In Secret:
Russian scientists, unable to obtain specimens of chobbam, continue where they left off 2 months ago on work with a 4th generation armor that had been in the works for years. It is expected to be ready within a month with such huge government funding behind it.

=-=-=-=
Russian officials began the Moscow Socialist and Communist summit today.

See the thread: http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum19/HTML/001598.html
Old March 30, 2000, 16:45   #89
Napoleon Bonaparte
Prince

NSR to begin training paratroopers

Self-explanatory. We ask German for help in training.

------------------
Old March 30, 2000, 16:57   #90
Mao
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

To: CR

We would be more than happy to start a student exchange program. We are now trying to get students to join this program, which is not much of a problem considering many would like to see the world.

To: CW

We see that the first phase of the war games has concluded. Our wargames in Beijing was won more because of our intimate knowledge of the terrain and area than pure tactics. This at least proves that we can defend our homeland. The exercises continue in northern China, a place a lot harder to conduct war games because of the terrain, but that will just make our troops all the better.

The Tibet Guard and Imperial Guard have just been equipped with the Sparrow. This will greatly improve their defensive capability.

OOC: African battle post to come...