Mr. Harley
Prince

Local Time: 10:31
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Subject: RE: Alpha Centauri game
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 14:44:15 +0100
To: hjcarr01 at athena.louisville.edu

I'm afraid I cannot join again. I''m busy with other things right now. The gaian player is free for anyone.
I'll leave it up to you to find a replacement. Good luck.

Kilian

He also included the password, I hope he didn't send it to everyone. I have a replacement I had to turn down in the Uranium Flats game I'm CMNing, I'll send him a message.
Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.
Old February 6, 2004, 05:34   #32
Mr. Harley
Prince

I just realized looking at the turn sequence that I am the one person who can abuse the password. How do we want to handle this?
Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.
Old February 6, 2004, 13:43   #33
Lazerus
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStates
King

Local Time: 15:31
Put simply, trust.
Bar starting again nothing can be done about it now anyways.
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.
Old February 9, 2004, 14:20   #34
binTravkin
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 Data AngelsCivilization IV PBEMApolyton UniversityMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 17:31
Ok, here I am - replacement for Gaian leader
Have password, dont have file yet

Waitin for it on
ivantravkin at hotmail.com
-- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
Old February 9, 2004, 16:08   #35
Mr. Harley
Prince

I looked at the top, not the middle turn listing. I'll email Dacole to resend the Gaian turn to benTrivkin.
Old February 11, 2004, 04:58   #36
binTravkin
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 Data AngelsCivilization IV PBEMApolyton UniversityMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Im still waiting for file
-- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
Old February 11, 2004, 05:28   #37
Mr. Harley
Prince

I've tried dacole again. If I get nowhere, we can try Walek who's an eager replacement player in AHAC3 which is also stalled, though I suspect Googlie will eventually come through.
Old February 11, 2004, 09:43   #38
binTravkin
Emperor

Ok Im out till monday, dont expect any response till then - Its Valentine's!
Old February 11, 2004, 13:36   #39
Lazerus
King

Dacole said he's busy with his Uni work when i asked him about another pbem hes in with me, said he'd be playing the turns 2nite or 2moro.
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.
Old February 12, 2004, 10:58   #40
Mr. Harley
Prince

Lazerus, you're an angel - admittedly an angel with a decidedly Hivish look, but still an angel. Oh, I think I found out how to get the University to be able to select their free tech. You have to start in the scenario editor from scratch, and have IT create the map, working from there. When you try to load a map from a game and then edit, you're seem to get locked in the 2101 bit. So when I use cool maps I've saved over my solo years, I'll probably have to predo the University free tech, or maybe save the map and then load it into a blank scenario editor.
Old February 12, 2004, 15:13   #41
Lazerus
King

me ??

no no no

I thought i emailed you on how i got around all those probs with missing techs and Uni free tech choices when i was creating girls night in ??
Old February 14, 2004, 17:38   #42
Mr. Harley
Prince

If you did my spam filters ate it . Did you check those two links I posted in the Uranium flats for running Morgan/University with a modified Sikander base spacing. They helped me hugely.

Back to the game. Dacole emailed me - (in the voice over of a mad scientist) it's alive.
Old February 16, 2004, 06:43   #43
binTravkin
Emperor

Ok, Im back, got my turn, will post it to next in a little time
Old February 16, 2004, 08:55   #44
binTravkin
Emperor

Mayday!

Got my turn,havent got the right password!

Will pm darsnan for another one
Old February 16, 2004, 09:26   #45
Mart
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansACDG3 CMNsC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 16:31
the same with me, i'm enlisted as spartans in this campaign, but haven't got the password yet
Old February 16, 2004, 17:20   #46
binTravkin
Emperor

Still waitin for password..
Old February 16, 2004, 17:58   #47
Darsnan
supporter
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPolyCast TeamSpore
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by binTravkin
Still waitin for password..
Please try to understand that I work from 8-5pm GMT-5, which, by your two last posts, almost perfectly brackets the timeframe that I was at work.

Anyways, password sent. Last time I name two games almost exactly the same.....

D
Old February 16, 2004, 18:05   #48
binTravkin
Emperor

Ok thanx Darsnan, turn forwarded!
Old February 17, 2004, 14:15   #49
Lazerus
King

Turn sent.

Yay thank god i messed up my last turn with founding that base, found a better spot
Old February 17, 2004, 16:48   #50
Sebed
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Warlord

Local Time: 14:31
turn sent...
University - 3 reloads??
Old February 17, 2004, 17:56   #51
Lazerus
King

i got 2 reloads for the gaians aswell.
Old February 17, 2004, 23:57   #52
Mart
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansACDG3 CMNsC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

2102 to Believers
Old February 18, 2004, 12:09   #53
binTravkin
Emperor

Im out for weekend, dont wonder if Im not responding till monday
Old February 22, 2004, 00:12   #54
Mart
Emperor

I will be travelling for the next five days and i may have hindered access to the internet. I will attempt to check mail at least once a day.
Old February 23, 2004, 00:39   #55
Mr. Harley
Prince

Sorry to all, my wife caught my little girl's hand in the dishwasher and I spent all weekend, after doing the emergency room bit - mashed and bloody, nothing broken - with a very fussy uncomfortable little tyke. Mommy is now back, she had a grant writing workshop to go to, so Monday I should get my games played. Again, apologies.
Old February 23, 2004, 07:12   #56
binTravkin
Emperor

Ok, Im back&awaiting my turn!
Old February 25, 2004, 11:23   #57
Mr. Harley
Prince

Turn fowarded - not my best - little girl sick, just woke up, wife has her at doctors I stayed up and kept med/fever - not life theatening, picked up virus at ER so quite sick, I'm very fried after two plus days. Next turn should go as fast as usual.
Old February 25, 2004, 14:10   #58
Lazerus
King

your kids having a rough time by the sounds of it at the moment aswell
hope she mends soon
Old March 1, 2004, 03:01   #59
binTravkin
Emperor

Turn to Lazerus
Old March 1, 2004, 03:09   #60
binTravkin
Emperor

Something is wrong with it!

I was still online 25.02.2004 17:23 GMT +2 when Shawn said he sent the turn, but the actual time I got the turn in my hotmail was 29.02.2004 2:49 AM on GMT +2..

Is it some kind of temporal distortion?

Ah..yes I just verified from whom I got that turn: Its Dacole!
me-

Turn sent