Old March 1, 2004, 03:20   #61
binTravkin
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 Data AngelsCivilization IV PBEMApolyton UniversityMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 17:31
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Btw - had 2 reloads, but didnt start the game till last - forgot my password..
-- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
Old March 1, 2004, 13:58   #62
Lazerus
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStates
King

Local Time: 15:31
Turn sent.
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.
Old March 3, 2004, 18:16   #63
almostz
Warlord

Local Time: 08:31
turn recieved and sent.
Old March 4, 2004, 11:47   #64
Sebed
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Warlord

Local Time: 14:31
turn sent...
last time University - 3 reloads
this time Gaians - 2 reloads
who's next???
Old March 4, 2004, 12:21   #65
Mart
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansACDG3 CMNsC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 16:31
2103 to Believers
Old March 4, 2004, 12:25   #66
Lazerus
King

I don't know but it would be nice if we could atleast have an explanation for the multiple reloads, i got no response when i emailed.
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.
Old March 4, 2004, 12:28   #67
Mart
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansACDG3 CMNsC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

maybe they were just simple time loops
BinT gave an explanation, and Gaians?
Old March 5, 2004, 05:23   #68
binTravkin
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 Data AngelsCivilization IV PBEMApolyton UniversityMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

mart, you forgot that Im gaians!
-- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
Old March 5, 2004, 05:25   #69
binTravkin
Emperor

I have difficulties remembering given passwords..
But now I remember them both
had to reload another replacement game too
Old March 5, 2004, 16:09   #70
Mr. Harley
Prince

Local Time: 10:31
Turn to Peacekeepers.
Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.
Old March 5, 2004, 16:12   #71
Mr. Harley
Prince

Turn to Peacekeepers. I accidently hit the Peacekeeper turn save (the one I just sent) when loading my other game, of course couldn't play it, and had to save and exit. Haven't done this before - will that give an "extra save" message?
Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.
Old March 9, 2004, 03:17   #72
binTravkin
Emperor

Guess what I received from dacole
Is he in-game still?

Quote:
FILE QUARANTINED
----------------

The internal virus scanner at Wake Forest University
Baptist Medical Center removed ahac2 gains 2108.zip since it was
found to contain a potentially malicious file. (FILE FILTER= *.zip file filter).

For security reasons, files of certain types are quarantined.
The original attachment will be examined and released if
it is determined not to be a threat to the e-mail system or your PC.

If you need assistance or immediate release of the message
please contact the Help Desk (6-HELP)
This was attached to his message and named ahac2 gains 2108.txt

He also added:

Quote:
name is wrong on zip file should be 2104 sorry about that.
Old March 9, 2004, 03:48   #73
Mr. Harley
Prince

Some Server-side anti-virus programs are VERY aggressive - you may want to download his email if yours will let you (some let you pull a suspect email out of quarantine) and scan it with your personnel anti-virus program.
Old March 9, 2004, 04:09   #74
binTravkin
Emperor

Im using a Outlook Express based tool - Incredimail and it downloads the files as-is, attachments are kept in something very similar to quarantine an when I want to open them the program requests a virus scan from my Norton Antivirus

Im not living at Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, Dacole is and this centers' virus filters ate the attachment, not my Symantec tool.

Anyways, I emailed him to resend.
Old March 9, 2004, 06:48   #75
binTravkin
Emperor

No resend was needed - Antigen Quarantine area finally let the file go..

Lazerus its yours!

Didnt remeber, whos playing Hive and went to the 1st page were all plyers are listed.."Lazerus, of course!" was my 1st thought & then I realised that on most games where Hive takes part, Lazerus also takes part marioneting Yang..
Old March 9, 2004, 14:11   #76
Lazerus
King

Turn sent

I played Drones in the IP game on sunday, but i felt rather pathetic, like a snake with no venom.

Good old Hive where your dark side can reign and reap the untold rewards and joys of being a dictator
Old March 10, 2004, 02:37   #77
Mr. Harley
Prince

It's like John Wayne - he couldn't act, but he could do a damn fine job of playing John Wayne. Lazarus is the preincarnation of Yang.
Old March 10, 2004, 05:43   #78
Sebed
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Warlord

turn sent...
Old March 10, 2004, 14:33   #79
Mart
Emperor

turn 2104 to Believers
Old March 11, 2004, 08:58   #80
Lazerus
King

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=104392

BinT and shawnmmcc, found this old thread
Old March 11, 2004, 11:51   #81
Mr. Harley
Prince

Turn to Lal - I just actually read the quotation by your Sig, Laz.
Old March 12, 2004, 20:16   #82
dacole
ACDG The Human HiveBtS Tri-League
Prince

Turn sent on to gains
Old March 15, 2004, 10:08   #83
binTravkin
Emperor

Turn 2105 to good old Lazerus!
Old March 15, 2004, 14:00   #84
Lazerus
King

Turn sent

****ing fungal blooms !!!
Old March 16, 2004, 06:44   #85
Sebed
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Warlord

turn sent...
I commited reload - after saving game deleted this file by mistake.
But there is a justice - second time making exactly the same moves I entered a pod and this time it was infested with mind worm
Old March 17, 2004, 14:48   #86
Mart
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebed
But there is a justice - second time making exactly the same moves I entered a pod and this time it was infested with mind worm
it's rather bad luck...

2105 to Believers
Old March 22, 2004, 08:58   #87
binTravkin
Emperor

A delay again..
Where's the turn?
Old March 22, 2004, 13:15   #88
Lazerus
King

With shawn ? perhaps he didnt receive ?
Old March 22, 2004, 14:01   #89
binTravkin
Emperor

mart7x5 please resend it to him
Everything is turning out slower and slower..
Old March 22, 2004, 17:00   #90
Mr. Harley
Prince

I was just checking the threads, I've gotten nothing - make sure you send it to the hjcarr01 at athena.louisville.edu my hotmail tends to bounce or filter things - I just searched ALL of the hjcarr01 account and I've received nothing with mart's name or AHAC2 in it recently.