Old December 14, 2003, 01:06   #1
larsenex
Warlord

Local Time: 14:33
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Is there a guide for Apolyton Pack to download/read?
Hi there, I was wondering if there is a "third party" guide for the apolyton pack? I ask because there seem to be some things that are new in it and I wanted to get the "lowdown" on how to use/apply these features? One of these is the "bloodbath" feature which is not part of the original game. How much money do you generate for doing it? Is it reasonable to do it? How much of a negetive faction hit do you take? What other "new" features are there? Sorry again for such a long post. There are other third party guides that one can download and explain the 'original game, I was just wondering if there was one for Apoly....

Thanks

Lars
Old December 14, 2003, 10:48   #2
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 16:33
Local Date: November 2, 2010
As far as I know there is no third party strategy guide for the apolyton pack. If you bloodbath a city you get some gold and PW bonus it is based on the city size. Unfortunatly it gives you also a diplomacy regard hit, -50 regard for the next 50 turns if I remember correctly. So if you bloodbath a lot of cities don't expect to have good relationships with the other civs in the near future. Alternativly you can enslave the whole population or resettle the inhabitants if this slavery abolish wonder is built.

Whenever a city is captured PW and Gold is stolen from the victim civ ala Civ2.

Well if you need more pieces of information about the other fiture just ask. Well the additional city styles and the leader picture on the parchments are obvious. There are also some tweaks of the terrain boni unfortunatly Dale never bothered to document it in the readme, therefore I never considered them in the Great Libary. He also changed the advance costs so that you have problems to achieve the science victory without scientists.

By the way if you haven't already voted in the Apolyton Hall of Fame: December 2003 vote now.

-Martin