Old December 14, 2003, 13:18   #1
ChaotikVisions
Civilization IV Creators
Prince

Local Time: 09:34
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Any way to reveal map?
I don't really play Civ to win, just to have fun. So I like a map with all civs fairly equal, none stranded on islands/in jungle. All i'm looking for is a way to reveal map, then re-enable fog of war, like Civ2 had. Is there a cheat for this? Or is the only way I can do this is by generating maps in editor, then playing one I like? And yes, I mean for SP.
Old December 14, 2003, 13:53   #2
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 16:34
You can use one of the scenario's included on the CD, they give a map preview (mini-map)

I don't of any map cheats, solution 2 should work fine though.

You could have the map checked out by someone to see if it meets your conditions and then play it, without knowing anything of the map except that no AI's are stranded etc..
Old December 14, 2003, 14:04   #3
Kuciwalker
Deity

Local Time: 10:34
Generate the map in the editor, save as a scenario, play the scenario.
Old December 14, 2003, 16:35   #4
sabrewolf
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization IV CreatorsC3CDG Desolation RowCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 16:34
there's an option in the editor which is by default checked at "satellites" (in the "civilization advances tab)

just give this option to all starting techs (alphabeth, bronze working, etc.) and you'll have the map revealed from the beginning.

to make everything equal: get a custom multiplayer map- they're usually quite fair (some are _exactly_ the same)
Old December 14, 2003, 18:53   #5
ChaotikVisions
Civilization IV Creators
Prince

Darn, I didn't think there was a cheat, but I was hoping. Linking the map being revealed to a starting tech wouldn't work, since I couldn't turn it back off. But I hadn't thought about using mp maps, i'll give them a try. Thanks for your help people.
Old December 15, 2003, 23:53   #6
firewall012
Settler

Local Time: 14:34
Uhhh... Yeah you can!
Actually there is a way to view the entire map. If you type in lemur as your leaders name, you can view the entire map. this also lets you click on enemy buildings and make them make what you want them to. I cant remember if it is lemur or leemur. Good luck!
Old December 16, 2003, 00:54   #7
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

I've heard of the lemur cheat code for both CTP2 and Civ3, but so far as I know it works in neither.

I think skywalker has the best solution, generate maps in the editor and save the ones that look balanced.
Old December 16, 2003, 00:58   #8
Kuciwalker
Deity

Local Time: 10:34
Quote:
Originally posted by ChaotikVisions
Darn, I didn't think there was a cheat, but I was hoping. Linking the map being revealed to a starting tech wouldn't work, since I couldn't turn it back off. But I hadn't thought about using mp maps, i'll give them a try. Thanks for your help people.
DL DANCE!!!!!

Old December 16, 2003, 21:13   #9
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 02:34
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by sabrewolf
there's an option in the editor which is by default checked at "satellites" (in the "civilization advances tab)

just give this option to all starting techs (alphabeth, bronze working, etc.) and you'll have the map revealed from the beginning.

to make everything equal: get a custom multiplayer map- they're usually quite fair (some are _exactly_ the same)
Hmm, there is an option in the editor to reveal the FOW for certain places, but that only works with a created map..

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!