Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Local Time: 16:41
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Nuclear War III
Basic rules:

Each player starts with 3 cities, and may perform 1 order each turn. Orders should be sent to me through:

PM
MSN Messanger: a_grau @ hotmail.com

(When orders has been sent, please post a “sent” msg in the thread, to make sure I have received the order).

If you don’t send any orders for a turn, you wont be auto-set to do something (I wont deflect for you, I wont do anything for you... ), and since I post a msg from time to time in the forum about who’s still missing to send orders, people can see who’s open to receive nukes, so be sure to send them

If you don’t send your orders there’s consequenses. Unless you can come up with a good reason BEFORE you’re missing your orders (i.e. if you’re going on vacation tell us BEFORE you leave, not when you get home)

Code:
# of turns missed:	Consequenses:
1:			nothing
2:			You’ll lose one city this round
3:			You’ll lose two cities this round
4:			---------you’re got Wasted--------
Each turn takes about 24 hours (Ending at 9 pm GMT each day) (Though there might be some changes, so don’t count on it being ready every day at this time... maybe it’ll be earlier, maybe later). If I have received all orders before time runs out, the turn has ended and I’ll post the results early

1 hour before ending, people who have sent their orders wont be able to change it, unless you have issued a spy mission

Spy missions doesn’t count as an order: e.g. you can sabotage an enemy and nuke him in the same turn. Each player starts with one spy

Orders:

Launch Nukes:
The player can launch two nukes. The nukes can be launched at different players or they can be launched to the same player

Deflect:
When deflecting nukes to a certain player, each second nuke* will be sent to another player (Which has to be included in the orders). The nukes which get deflected is: 1, 3, 5… while 2, 4, 6… will hit

Hide in bunker:
Each player has one bunker. When used, ALL nukes gets destroyed (Not deflected). When used, the bunker is unavailable.

Train a new spy:
Just like it sounds. (Each nation starts with one spy)

Build City:
You get one extra city. You’re not allowed to build two cities two months in a row (If you build one in February, you can’t build a city before April)

Sabotage (Spy):
When using sabotage on another player, the other players orders will be cancelled. This kills the spy used

Observe (Spy):
When using a spy to observe a player, the other player gets information about the other player’s orders. The spy only dies if the other player is being nuked the same turn.

Because of lack of participitation in earlier games, Nuclear Master and Sheep wont participitate

Mini Game

And maybe we could make a special mini game for those who already lost their cities:

After losing the last city, you will be taken prisoner, and be thrown into some large arena of some sort. You get 50 health

Each turn (Both games has same length turns) you can issue orders:

Heal:

This gives you 5 health (You can get up to 100 health), but can’t be used with other orders

Attack:

You can chose to give attack orders on one or more people in the arena, though this is gladiator style, so you have to give a specific number of attack points to specific players, e.g. giving 10 attack against player 1 and 15 attack against player 2, gives you 25 points left to distribute. You can’t attack with 0

Power:

How much damage would you like to do against your enemy, if you succeed. This also needs to be given to different players. Following the above example: With 25 points left, you choose to give 5 points to power against player 1, but 10 against player 2, giving you 10 points left

Defense:

The defense is the same against all players, so giving 10 in defense requires all players to attack with a higher attack than 10. If someone attacks with the same amount as the defense at the attacked player, it only gives half damage, rounded down (Power on 5 only gives 2 damage in this case)

Buy weapons:

You can buy different weapons for use in the game, but they all cost you some health: (Weapons does not stack… you can only use one weapon each round). You start with one sword. You can buy a weapon and attack the same turn.
Sword: Cost: 5 health – Gives 1 more point in attack and power – Can be thrown*
Gun: Cost 10 health – Gives 3 more points in power, 1 more in attack, lowers defense by 1
Machine gun: Cost 20 health – Gives 10 more points in power – Lowers defense by 2 - Limited bullets**

Buy defense:

You can by defense and attack the same turn. They also cost you health.
Simple shield: Cost 4 health – Highers defense against swords and guns with 2
Spiked shield: Cost 8 health – Highers defense against swords and guns with 2, and highers attack with 2

* Throwing weapons at a player gives you 5 more points in attack and power, but you’ll lose the sword for ever (Can’t be picked up again )
** Limited bullets makes this weapon only useable for 2 turns

The weapons part might be too complex… what do you think?

When signing in, please vote if you want to play with the mini-game or not? With the posted rules, changed rules, or don't want to play that mini-game?
Oh, and please post your city names also
Old December 16, 2003, 07:27   #2
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 01:41
Local Date: November 3, 2010
In
Old December 16, 2003, 07:31   #3
DrSpike
Civilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton University
Deity

Local Time: 15:41
Old December 16, 2003, 07:32   #4
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Oh, and one more rule: After 12 turns city building will be prohibited

Players:

Code:
Skanky Burns:		Beryllium, Boron, Carbon
DrSpike:
GeneralTacticus:	Kish, Stigmata, Byzantium
Asmodean:		Tarup, Kollemorten, Tinglev
Jamski:			Bog, Squathole, Dunny
Comrade Tassadar:	A, B, C	
Pave:			New Heinola, Disney World, Old Bull Dodga
Spaced Cowboy:		Biitme, Dummas, Bootfook.
Sandman:		Lilliput, Brobdingnag and Laputa
Azazel:			Einstein, Shrodinger, Bohr
Vlad Antlerkov:		Boston, Cambridge, Worcester

First round will end friday or saturday...

Last edited by Adagio; December 17, 2003 at 11:41.
Old December 16, 2003, 07:35   #5
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

I'm in.

My three cities: Kish, Stigmata, and Byzantium.
Old December 16, 2003, 07:52   #6
DrSpike
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by ADG
Oh, and one more rule: After 12 turns city building will be prohibited
Hehe, this might give an incentive for lots of building early.
Old December 16, 2003, 07:54   #7
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

That's why I also included the other rule: can't build cities 2 rounds in a row...
Old December 16, 2003, 07:59   #8
Asmodean
Civilization III Democracy GameThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

Yes...I want to play again.

Cities: Tarup, Kollemorten and Tinglev

Asmodean
Old December 16, 2003, 08:16   #9
DrSpike
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by ADG
That's why I also included the other rule: can't build cities 2 rounds in a row...
Hmm, also questionable, since players will have some knowledge of what options are open that turn. I'd remove both those suggestions..........the first game lasted a perfect length; the only reason the second game was drawn out was the inclusion of govts, and the overpowered propaganda.
Old December 16, 2003, 09:11   #10
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

...and the inclusion of Sheep... during the first 6 months he did nothing but build cities... or sleep

But we can always vote for it... who agrees on having the city-building limit, and who doesn't???

Last edited by Adagio; December 16, 2003 at 09:29.
Old December 16, 2003, 09:14   #11
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 14:41
I'm in I'll even play in the pit after I get nuked out early.

Cities : Bog, Squathole, Dunny.

(map colour purple please)

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old December 16, 2003, 09:17   #12
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

That reminds me... could someone make the map (Doesn't have to be world map... I prefer to be a fake world), and make it easy to add more cities... then I'll also edit the map each round... as long as it's easy to get around (For a noob in Photoshop)
Old December 16, 2003, 09:17   #13
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

I'll play.

Cities: A, B, C
Old December 16, 2003, 09:26   #14
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Quote:
That reminds me... could someone make the map (Doesn't have to be world map... I prefer to be a fake world), and make it easy to add more cities... then I'll also edit the map each round... as long as it's easy to get around (For a noob in Photoshop)
How many players?

-Jam
Old December 16, 2003, 09:26   #15
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

And this one goes also:

Quote:
Originally posted by DrSpike
How about all the dead people collectively have 1 nuke, and they vote each turn on how to use it. Then we can nuke the boring people.

How should the dead people vote? PM me with their individual votes, I'll count 'em, and shoot... if two players gets the same number of votes, the player who first got all his votes gets the nuke
Or should there be a leader of the dead people who counts the votes, and send them to me in last minute (This has to be one from Europe is my guess, otherwise not all people has time to vote?)
Old December 16, 2003, 09:28   #16
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
How many players?

-Jam

I haven't set a limit... so I guess we wont find out before friday...
Old December 16, 2003, 10:09   #17
Pave
Call to Power Democracy GameCall to Power PBEMCall To Power SuperLeague
Prince

Local Time: 17:41
I´m in, with cities New Heinola, Disney World and Old Bull Dodga. And with the mini-game.

What about building nukes?
Old December 16, 2003, 10:12   #18
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Building nukes? As in stockpile?
Old December 16, 2003, 10:13   #19
Jamski
Deity

I assume that's what he means.... can't be sure though. Stockpile is in isn't it?

-Jam
Old December 16, 2003, 10:15   #20
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Based on the fact that no-one actually used stockpiling last game, I don't see why...
Old December 16, 2003, 10:20   #21
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Cities: Beryllium, Boron and Carbon.
Old December 16, 2003, 10:28   #22
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

Local Time: 09:41
No it was used, that is how I lost last game. Jamski stockpiled and sent three nukes at me. Also I'm in, but I do not care for the minigame, there is enough spam in this thread as is. I do have an idea on how to spice up the gladiator game, but I'll detail that in that thread. My cities: Biitme, dummas, and bootfook.
Old December 16, 2003, 10:33   #23
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Jamski could send 3 nukes because of his government, not because of stockpiling

And there's very little spam in the other threads about this game.. I'm almost the only one posting (results, etc), nobody comments about what's going on... or at least it's very few comments I'd say...
Old December 16, 2003, 10:39   #24
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

Oh yeah, corrected. Not so much spam in the last game cuz of lack of spammy playaz left. But your are right, stockpiling might be a little too powerful.
Old December 16, 2003, 10:40   #25
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Votings:

Mini-Game:
Pave
Jamski

Asmodean
Spaced Cowboy
DrSpike
Azazel
Comrade Tassadar

Dead people nuking:
Skanky Burns
Asmodean
Jamski
DrSpike
Azazel
GeneralTacticus
Comrade Tassadar

Spaced Cowboy
Vlad Antlerkov

City building limit:
Asmodean
Comrade Tassadar
Vlad Antlerkov

Skanky Burns
Spaced Cowboy
DrSpike
Azazel
Jamski

Stockpiling:
Skanky Burns
Asmodean
DrSpike
Azazel
Jamski
GeneralTacticus

Comrade Tassadar

Cast your votes...

Last edited by Adagio; December 17, 2003 at 11:46.
Old December 16, 2003, 10:51   #26
Skanky Burns

Minigame - :shrug:
Nukes from the dead
City building limit (Propaganda was responsible for the massive ICS, not city building. Plus building leaves players open to attack)
Stockpiling

Also you reports should only mention what people did if it affected others, ie: Nuking another player or deflecting nukes when they actually get deflected, or nukes failing to hit when someone hides in their bunker. Otherwise for actions such as hiding in the bunker, deflecting, building a spy or stockpiling should be reported as "Bob didn't appear to do much this turn" or similar.

That way someone might be playing it safe, or they might be preparing 4 nukes for some unlucky enemy and the only people who know will be those with spies.
Old December 16, 2003, 10:58   #27
Asmodean
Civilization III Democracy GameThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Emperor

Minigame:

Dead people nuking:

City building limit:

Stockpiling:

Asmodean
Old December 16, 2003, 11:16   #28
Sandman
King

I'm in.
Old December 16, 2003, 11:19   #29
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

Minigame: No

Dead people nuking: No

City building limit: No

Stockpiling: Yes/No/Maybe
Old December 16, 2003, 12:03   #30
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
Minigame - :shrug:

Not sure were to put this

Since the mini-game is not a part of the game, we could also just set it to be optional (When you lose the last city, you chose if you want to go down to the "arena" or not, by sending the first orders)... if I don't recieve orders from the newly ex-leader before time's up, I assume this means that this person doesn't want to go downthere...