Old December 17, 2003, 15:27   #1
Lazerus
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStates
King

Local Time: 15:46
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Losing grip on reality - I am Chairman Yang !
OK for my current job before i started i had to sit a psychometric test (part of the interview process) and 2 months after i was accepted i decided to ask for the results to this test to be shown to me. They can only be shown with guidance by a trained psychologist from the british psychology board and can't be taken away, so this is from memory earlier today hence no scanned picture and not everything listed

Main points

1) Very high leadership desire
2) Extreme assertiveness
3) Controlling
4) Totally aware of society
5) Low desire to interact in small talk with people
6) Excellent teamworker
7) Highly intelligent
8) Methodical
9) Very emotionally stable

There was a second sheet that rated quite alot of things on marks out of 1-10

Concious control - 10.7 (he says these things are only 87% accurate)
leadership - 9.6
neuroticism - 1.6
Controlling - 10.4
Delegative - 8.2
Negotiative - 4.3
Intelligence - 8.8
Realism - 9.1
Shaper - 5.4
Creativity - 4.6 (bah at that -2econ)
Artistic - 4.9
methodical - 8.5
practical - 8.2

I managed to obtain a fairly high MD score (to do with the distribution of results), the psychologist says it shows that either knowingly or unknowningly i am altering several points. Well obviously i don't want to be seen as the madman i am (a kid at work was irritated by his 3.1 on neuroticism and remembered me at college leaning out of the 8th floor window and saying "imagine what it would be like to squish those little ants down there")

So basically im a very assertive control freak of a leader, everybody working under me knows what they have to do and they must do it following the rules i have specified. I appear nice at times due to knowledge of what people perceive as nice and a willingness to act out such things in pursuit of my own goals, however i can easily adapt to new people and a new set of ethics and my true thoughts will never be known.
I have rules set out in my head, i will not be persuaded to cross these lines. Stubborness inhibits creativity, while strong sense of order removes all aspects of chaos within me (and those around). Intelligent but still likes to form objects. Emotionally stable, very little will even faze me and inner self is totally content (no, i NEED more power!)

All in all i rule and i'm Chairman Yang so get back to the mines you drones

(either that or the normal guy across the street who you always hear people saying "i can't believe he did that, i would never have expected it")

Thats as much as i can remember at the moment. We got interrupted during the meeting by a non-drill fire alarm so had to go outside for abit. After the meeting was done he said something like "this wasn't another exam you know, you didn't even bat an eyelid at anything" , which was because i could feel him analysing everything about me from my posture to my eye movement scanning the room and so i turned it on him watching every movement and argueing with 40years worth of psychological study in an utterly monotonous voice, making him lost for words a few times
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.
Old December 17, 2003, 15:50   #2
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 10:46
Yeah, but can you hypnotize people just by your stare and power of suggestion?

That's his trademark.
Old December 17, 2003, 16:00   #3
Lazerus
King

look into my eyes, just into my eyes, do not look around my eyes just into my eyes when i click my fingers you will believe you can play smac
*click*

Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.
Old December 17, 2003, 16:14   #4
Alinestra Covelia
ACDG The Human HiveRise of Nations Multiplayer
Queen

And what's your Atherholt pain tolerance rating?
Old December 17, 2003, 16:42   #5
Lazerus
King

Old December 17, 2003, 20:33   #6
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 00:46
Local Date: November 3, 2010
You're a f***ing lunatic.
Old December 18, 2003, 01:13   #7
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 04:46
Well, well, well....I see that I have a challenger....

I took a psychology test at my university and they said that I was basically "normal" across the board. The examiners said that I was high in social interaction and empathy, which was correct.

But any good Hiver with a psychology background can manipulate psychological profiling tests to their advantage.

Kudo's, Lazerus! I salute you!
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old December 18, 2003, 08:32   #8
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 14:46
I really want to take one of these tests. Then I can scare people too.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old December 18, 2003, 09:17   #9
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

I think I'll try to freak people out!
I have a great mental roleplaying ability, gained it from my training. I'll be able to roleplay quite effectively.

I'll see if can get:

Extreme assertiveness
Completely unaware of society
Completely individualistic (as opposed to team-oriented)
Extremely Idealistic (as opposed to practical)
Extremely intelligent
Extremely emotionally unstable

"This is MY reality. Bend to my will or be broken - my mind -is- the unique ideal and I'd sooner kill the lot of you before I let you corrupt it with your 'society' or 'teams'."
It's a trick I've been pulling to gain government support because the only job I'm suited to is Renegade Scientist.

I'll see if I can get the 15Q+ test done myself.
Old December 20, 2003, 08:37   #10
Lazerus
King

If you are mentally roleplaying then you know you are lying, your MD raw score would show up really high indicating your concious mind is overiding your subconcious personality.
Then again with Aki the subconcious is where the emotions come from so being able to totally supress that turns you into a cyborg
Old December 20, 2003, 15:52   #11
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Local Time: 16:46
When I tell people that I am a psychopath they tend to freak out.
Like I am going to be a serial killer or sth.
Old December 21, 2003, 04:26   #12
gwillybj
Prince

Location: Eurytion Mining Camp: 100°C dayside, 100°F nightside.
I used to think I might be schizophrenic
But then the doctor told us we're not
Old December 21, 2003, 10:06   #13
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Lazerus
If you are mentally roleplaying then you know you are lying, your MD raw score would show up really high indicating your concious mind is overiding your subconcious personality.
Then again with Aki the subconcious is where the emotions come from so being able to totally supress that turns you into a cyborg
You underestimate how deeply I can trick myself into believing something.
Old March 11, 2004, 10:49   #14
binTravkin
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 Data AngelsCivilization IV PBEMApolyton UniversityMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 17:46
I did a very similar test once at school (at least the table looked very close to that below, only it was in latvian)

Main points

1) Very High leadership desire (most people do not know what to do and if they still do, then they dont want to do it)

2) ? assertiveness (is this the same as self-confident or dogmatic or something else? just dont know the word)

3) Controlling (believes order is a root of success)

4) Totally aware of society

5) Very high desire to interact in small talk with people (he is chatty like an old lady.. )

6) Excellent teamworker (determined by his interaction skills, positive nature and desire to lead someone)

7) Highly intelligent (due to very good memory)

8) Methodical (the comment was - tends to find
appropriate method for anything he does)

9) Emotional stability - above average

Also had the 2nd sheet - it included some more values, but the respective to Lazerus' ones are here

Concious control - 6.8
leadership - 9.0
neuroticism - 3.4
Controlling - 10.1
Delegative - 9.3
Negotiative - 9.7
Intelligence - 8.5
Realism - 6.4
Shaper - 8.9
Creativity - 8.4
Artistic - 4.9
methodical - 8.5
practical - 7.6

At least I beat you in Creativeness and Negotiative..
Most others seem to be lower for me

Is this a kind of standartised test or method?
I remember seeing this kind of analysis also in my companys Employee Department (or whatever it spells like). I had skipped it luckily - the boss was an old friend of mine and took me in without consideration..
-- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
Old March 11, 2004, 14:14   #15
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 09:46
I did something like that in year 7 or so (manipulate a test that is) - it was one of these silly profling tests trying to find out what we were interested in (for guidance/future studies kinda thing). So I answered things to make it look like I really, really like math and science. (I do like them. Just not quite - that - much... ) And it came out just as I planned

I tihnk I scared (and sure surprised!) my Mum a little when I confessed I'd did that
Old March 11, 2004, 14:37   #16
Barinthus
Alpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 06:46
Heh I want to take that test.

I remember I took this test, it was supposed to help me to determine which career paths would be ideal for me. I got musician, police officer, and test pilot
Old March 11, 2004, 15:21   #17
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 09:46
I'll take "What are popular childhood fantasy careers?" for $100 Alex...

Like some test can tell us these things, right?
Old March 11, 2004, 17:44   #18
Ouro_827
Civilization III PBEMAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human Hive
Prince

Local Time: 05:46
I want to try this test... creativity would be my strong point... and you are not Yang, I am!

Last edited by Ouro_827; March 11, 2004 at 18:29.
Old March 11, 2004, 18:28   #19
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Ouro_827
I want to try this test... creativity would be my strong point... and you are not Yang, I am!
/me peers to the avatar... No, you're not!

/me checks the ACDG member list... No, you're most definitely not!!

/me gazes then to the activity level of Ouro in this forum... Yes, it is prove, you're an imfoster!!!

Old March 11, 2004, 18:28   #20
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

double post again
Old March 12, 2004, 14:21   #21
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

If he is Yang the Hive should merge with CPU, following their ultimate chairman !
Old March 13, 2004, 12:06   #22
Lazerus
King

Quote:
At least I beat you in Creativeness and Negotiative..
You use the carrot, i'll keep my stick
Old March 13, 2004, 23:38   #23
Ouro_827
Civilization III PBEMAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human Hive
Prince

Local Time: 05:46
Exactly! See, pain can be shut off by the Counciousness, same as emotions! That is how I can endure the pain and suffering! Now all bow to your ruler! Join the CCPU!
Old March 14, 2004, 08:04   #24
Lazerus
King

Actually theres never been anything saying the conc have a higher pain tolerance then a normal human, whereas Yang is the master of pain tolerance.

The area for pain is located at the centre back of the brain right ? Any biologists about who know ?
Old March 14, 2004, 11:25   #25
Alinestra Covelia
ACDG The Human HiveRise of Nations Multiplayer
Queen

One thing you can definitely say about the Chairman is that he and his Hive would be considerably better at inflicting pain than the Consciousness.

The Consciousness finds sex and war "awkward".

The Hive finds nothing awkward about war!
Old March 15, 2004, 11:43   #26
phsycho
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Warlord

what school / jobs are you doing guys?
is this for fun or a requirement?

1st: these tests are mostly bs - (are they based on multiple choice questions and paintings ?)
2nd: my score would be even better ...
3rd: ... if it would fit into the test matrix
Old March 15, 2004, 23:01   #27
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Mine was for a psychology experiment at my university. They needed participants and I was going to get extra credit by my prof for participating...some kind of joint-department thing.

I'm majoring in Psych...but going into criminal justice (focus on penology) hopefully.

*cross my fingers!*
Old March 16, 2004, 05:40   #28
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

I did one of these tests and I came up as "Hitler"

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old March 17, 2004, 03:17   #29
Starfarer
Chieftain

Location: The endless oceans of Darkness that surround us all...
I'll be good and not say that you'd have to be losing your grrip on reality to WANT to be Yang... *snicker*

Honestly, though. Has anyone ever taken on e of these tests and gotten a result saying "You're absolutely nobody, you're never gonna be anybody, jkust follow along like a good little sheep"?
Old March 17, 2004, 21:18   #30
Frankychan
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
I did one of these tests and I came up as "Hitler"

-Jam
That's messed up.