Old December 17, 2003, 22:52   #1
Space05us
King

Local Time: 02:47
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Questions about Morrowind (gameplay related)
1. How does resist magicka work? Im an orc (25% resist natural) with the Saviors Hide (60% resist) and a CE ring I made with 12% resist. So my total resist magicka is at 97%. I thought to myself "Lets go whack Vivec, that little panzy and his maigc cant harm me now! Muahahah!!" but he killed me with two spells. So how does it work?

2. What kind of CE (constant effect) clothing and armour do you guys usually make/have? Right now I have pants that restore my strength, endurance, agility, and will power at 1 point. (no more potions for me ) And Ive been trying to find all of the Bound Armour spells so I can make a ring and probably a belt that gives me a full set of Bound Armour. (so I'll have more weight for loot!) I have a belt that has CE levitate 1 point that I use for flying about when I need it. I also have that ring.
Old December 18, 2003, 00:16   #2
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 14:47
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
1. How does resist magicka work? Im an orc (25% resist natural) with the Saviors Hide (60% resist) and a CE ring I made with 12% resist. So my total resist magicka is at 97%. I thought to myself "Lets go whack Vivec, that little panzy and his maigc cant harm me now! Muahahah!!" but he killed me with two spells. So how does it work?
Is it just resist magicka? I believed that it was 100% resist....Try modifying the "CE Ring" (?) to have 100% resist magicka and then try to battle him.

Quote:
2. What kind of CE (constant effect) clothing and armour do you guys usually make/have?
I used to have just standard Morrowind stuff however after I defeated

Spoiler:
Dagoth Ur, I decided I should become a god. SO i modded the game to have ebonic armor raise stats to infinitely high levels, and have two rings (I've forgotten which ones now) to also do the same. So then I become god
Old December 18, 2003, 00:42   #3
Space05us
King

Quote:
Is it just resist magicka? I believed that it was 100% resist....Try modifying the "CE Ring" (?) to have 100% resist magicka and then try to battle him
I have the X-box version so I cant modify anything cheater.

CE ring = constant effect ring
Old December 18, 2003, 00:50   #4
ravagon
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 22:47
I don't think resist magicka x% stops x% of the damage, rather that it gives you x% chance of resisting (in principle). I don't think that it stacks linearly either.
I had a breton with the cuirass (50%MR + 60%MR) who was still affected by magic from time to time.

Wrt CE enchantments, I've come to prefer attribute enhancements. CE +Strength is a good one as you can greatly increase your carrying capacity whereas CE +Intelligence gives you a whole lot more magicka to play with as well as more effective spells.

Something with CE restore health/magicka is enormously useful too.

Bound armour/weapons are good at the start but you'll probably find yourself discarding them before too long in favour of some of the more powerful items you find in-game.
Old December 18, 2003, 00:57   #5
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 10:47
I made a ce invisibility ring. I really wanted to make a 100 ce Chameleon ring, but no rings can hold the enchantement (sans modifying).

I also made a restore health ring once too. And a jump ring. (that was a lot of fun, but use in conjunction with slowfall ).
Old December 18, 2003, 01:01   #6
Space05us
King

Quote:
Bound armour/weapons are good at the start but you'll probably find yourself discarding them before too long in favour of some of the more powerful items you find in-game.
Im beggining to get to the point where it would be more fun to play naked so the poor dremora lords and golden saints could stand a chance. My daedric war/battle axe (the one with 1-80 damage) is enchanted to do 20-25 fire and frost damage. I can take down everything in the game that I know of (save Vivec) with at most two swings. The point of having bound armour is so I can carry more stuff (like more than two sets of ordinator armour) to sell so ultimatly I will have better/more expensive enchanted items.

Quote:
I don't think resist magicka x% stops x% of the damage, rather that it gives you x% chance of resisting (in principle). I don't think that it stacks linearly either
poop, what a waste of money.
)
Old December 18, 2003, 01:32   #7
ravagon
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 22:47
An afterthought - CE summons are quite nice too. If they die you just re-equip and *pouf* your cannon-fod, erm, 'valiant warrior' is back.

You might have trouble finding an item with a high enough enchant value though if you can't use mods...

I once had a couple of rings and an amulet that summoned a dremora, golden saint and twilight.
Adding in the three atronachs you can summon normally with Aryon's dominator (?) and it made quite a party.
Old December 18, 2003, 06:41   #8
Space05us
King

I never bother summoning creatures, the only reason I would need one is to fight difficult enemies, but what is difficult to me right now is Vivec. And probably the Seyda Neen gaurds, but only because they are fast and they seemingly spring out of the ground like daisies.
Old December 19, 2003, 23:43   #9
Space05us
King

I got bored last night while doing part of the main quest, which seems more like homework now than it did before, so I went and enchanted my Daedric Helm. It has CE light 50-100 for the largest area possible, everything is so much brighter and happier now.

and have you seen how much enchanment a Daedric Tower Shield can hold!!? 225 iirc.
Old December 20, 2003, 01:46   #10
BustaMike
The Courts of Candle'Bre
King

Local Time: 06:47
Location: You think you're better than me? You've been handling my ass pennies!!!
Fire, Ice, Lightning, and Poison are not "magicka." Your 97% resist magicka will resist stuff on things like the Boots of Blinding Speed. If you equip those you will only be blinded 3 instead of 100 making it really easy to see. Getting 100% resist magicka is very important IMO since it prevents enemies from damaging any of your attributes (so those restore pants you have aren't needed).

Spell absorb and/or reflect are the most useful for countering elemental spells.

It's nice when you actually have trouble with things early on. Later you'll find that you can easily become completely invincible to anything, and kill Vivec or anyone else in 1 hit without cheating. There are some serious balance issues in this game.