Old December 19, 2003, 08:26   #1
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 07:51
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Arafats gift to civilization
RABAT - Teenage Moroccan twin sisters who were arrested two weeks ago and accused of plotting to carry out a suicide attack on a supermarket in the capital Rabat, were due to appear in court Friday.

The 14-year-old twins, named at the time of their arrest in early September by Liberation newspaper as Imane and Sanae al Ghariss, are accused of plotting with a friend, also 14, and five radical Islamic accomplices to carry out a suicide attack in a store in Rabat's residential Souissi neighbourhood.

http://www.middle-east-online.com/english/?id=7160

Exactly what were they going to protest? I don't know, but over in the West Bank, they have shown the world how poor and disenfranchised muslims can give their empty lives meaning through death and murder.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old December 19, 2003, 08:29   #2
PLATO
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildGalCiv Apolyton EmpireCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameThe Courts of Candle'BreC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannC3CDG Blood Oath Horde
Emperor

Local Time: 09:51
If Arafat wanted to really give a gift to society then he would blow his own brains out.
Troll on dope is like a moose on the loose - Grandpa Troll
Old December 19, 2003, 08:41   #3
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

Local Time: 16:51
Funny to hear about teenage murderers from americans

- Paul Valery
Old December 19, 2003, 08:46   #4
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 14:51
Quote:
Originally posted by laurentius
Old December 19, 2003, 08:54   #5
Boris Godunov
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by laurentius
Funny to hear about teenage murderers from americans
Hey, at least ours are killing people out of angst over their humdrum, middle class existence or because of violent video games rather than their living in crushing poverty and squalor under a political regime they believe to be repressive!
Old December 19, 2003, 09:19   #6
Q Classic
Emperor

well, there were a few shootings in kentucky, which does have crushing poverty and squalor.

and some do find this political regime repressive--and the conservatives did think the clinton administration was regressive, so...
Old December 19, 2003, 09:38   #7
Sikander
King

It's a shame that 14 year old twin sisters can't make a living from prostitution in Morrocco and instead have to turn to radical Islamic suicide. What's the world coming to?
Old December 19, 2003, 09:48   #8
C0ckney
King

Local Time: 15:51
is it bad that i thought the exact same thing as sikander when i read this :/

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton
Old December 19, 2003, 09:53   #9
Oerdin
Deity

The PA has been popularizing "martyrdom" and homicide bombings for decades now and like a cancer it has now infected large segments of the Islamic word.

Arafat keeps promoting this and refuses to punish terror organizations which brainwash people into blowing themselves up. In my mind that makes him intertwined with the phenomenon of homicide bombing.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old December 19, 2003, 10:11   #10
GePap
Emperor

Local Time: 08:51
Quote:
Originally posted by Oerdin
The PA has been popularizing "martyrdom" and homicide bombings for decades now and like a cancer it has now infected large segments of the Islamic word.
Well, actually, they have been doing it for less than a decade..you seem to forget (or not know) that the FIRST wave of suicide attacks by Middle Eastern terrorists were carried out by Hizbullah in 1983- that the PLO (since there was no PA before 1993), as a secular, left-leaning group did not endorse martyrdom, since commies don't believe in heaven. In fact as far as the Palestinians go, the whole martyrdom bit begun in 1993 with hamas and Islamic Jihad-and as they gained popularity, eventually the PA jumped on the band wagon, but only late, like after 1996.

Quote:
Arafat keeps promoting this and refuses to punish terror organizations which brainwash people into blowing themselves up. In my mind that makes him intertwined with the phenomenon of homicide bombing.
What is a homicide bombing? A car bomb is a homicide bomb. A briefcase bomb is a homicide bomb. A bomb on a plane is a homicide bomb. What type of bombing (which ones are not intended to kill, hence homicide) do you refer to?
"Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw
Old December 19, 2003, 10:31   #11
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Local Time: 10:51
Quote:
Hey, at least ours are killing people out of angst over their humdrum, middle class existence or because of violent video games rather than their living in crushing poverty and squalor under a political regime they believe to be repressive!
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old December 19, 2003, 10:38   #12
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by GePap
What is a homicide bombing?
The wierd term the Bush administration has been using in place of suicide bombing lately.

Anyway as for this being Arafat's gift to the world, somepeople simply have no real sense of history. I give the credit to al-Hassan ibn-al-Sabbah.
Blackwidow24 and FemmeAdonis fan club
Old December 19, 2003, 10:40   #13
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 16:51
Since the fashion of suicide bombing has been started by the Islamists, who were rivals of Arafat for a long time (and who'll be rivals again when both camps will have any real power to compete for), I fail to see how this is Arafat's gift to the world.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if the crap these twins had in their heads came from some wahhabist cell.
Old December 19, 2003, 10:46   #14
GePap
Emperor

Local Time: 08:51
Quote:
Originally posted by DinoDoc
The wierd term the Bush administration has been using in place of suicide bombing lately.
I know..I hate the term. Their attempt to "deemphasize" the bomber and put all the attention on the victims. The problem with that being the very distinctiveness of the suicide bombing is that someone kills themselve. You might as well call a car bomb a homicide bomb to lessen the emphasis on the car aspect.
"Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw
Old December 27, 2003, 01:34   #15
Oerdin
Deity

Spiffor: I agree with you some what since the Islamists and the PA used to butt heads, but, in the last decade Arafat has used his power to pretend he is an Islamist and to promote suicide/homicide attacks. He eulogizes these murders and says they are the highest form of national accomplishment.

He is as guilty as the bastards who made the bomb.
Old December 27, 2003, 01:36   #16
Lonestar
inmate
King

So...going through and bumping all your threads, Oerdin?
Old December 27, 2003, 02:04   #17
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Quote:
Originally posted by DinoDoc
The fair and balanced Fox News also uses this term.
Old December 27, 2003, 02:13   #18
Vince278
King

My first thought was that is was odd to see the words "Arafat" and "civilization" in the same sentence. He could have gone far if he was more like a Gandhi or MLK but its too late to redeem himself now.
"And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
2004 Presidential Candidate
2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)
Old December 27, 2003, 02:13   #19
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

arafat is a ****wad
Old December 27, 2003, 02:16   #20
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

I don't know if he gave us the suicide bombers, but he seems to encourage them as long as he personally does not have to present himself for duty. It's odd how all the bombers have to be young people. Why can't those old mutherfvkers get out there first..
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old December 27, 2003, 02:23   #21
Vince278
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Sprayber
I don't know if he gave us the suicide bombers, but he seems to encourage them as long as he personally does not have to present himself for duty. It's odd how all the bombers have to be young people. Why can't those old mutherfvkers get out there first..
Yes. The older people leading this must be snickering at the gullibility of their youth. We don't see them volunteering to die for the cause. Cowards!
"And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
Old December 27, 2003, 03:15   #22
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

I just started wondering, were the twins gonna attack the same targets or different ones at the same time. Cause if they were going after the same target, wouldnt that be a waste of at least one of them.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old December 27, 2003, 03:16   #23
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

what I'm wondering is... are they potential draft picks (i.e. will they be hot when they hit 18 and legally ****able?)...

if so...arafat needs to die ... NOW!
Old December 27, 2003, 03:24   #24
Vince278
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Sava
what I'm wondering is... are they potential draft picks (i.e. will they be hot when they hit 18 and legally ****able?)...

(and you must never have been to that part of the world.)
Old December 27, 2003, 03:24   #25
KrazyHorse
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Sprayber
Old people do the talking, young people do the dying. That's the way it's always been.
Get Rich or Die Tryin'
Old December 27, 2003, 03:26   #26
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Vince278

(and you must never have been to that part of the world.)
there was some 19 year old suicide bomber chick, and she was ****able... probably a little raw... but nothign a razor and some Nair can't fix
Old December 27, 2003, 03:29   #27
Vince278
King

Quote:
there was some 19 year old suicide bomber chick, and she was ****able... probably a little raw... but nothign a razor and some Nair can't fix
Old December 27, 2003, 03:30   #28
KrazyHorse
Deity

Sava's on a roll.
Get Rich or Die Tryin'
Old December 27, 2003, 03:34   #29
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

btw, I'd rather **** some third world islamist nutbhag suicide bomber chick witha hairy ass cooch than penis pincushion britney spears
Old December 27, 2003, 03:42   #30
Vince278
King

Quote:
btw, I'd rather **** some third world islamist nutbhag suicide bomber chick witha hairy ass cooch than penis pincushion britney spears

I feel a poll coming... or is that a moderator?