Old December 20, 2003, 05:08   #1
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 07:54
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Voxtavia Opens It’s Borders
Voxtavia Opens It’s Borders
by Rhothaerill (RhothSPIN Press)

The New Voice, Voxtavia - Following many decades of long, hard work, The One has proclaimed the borders of Voxtavia open to the world for trade.

“This is a special moment for all of our fine citizens,” proclaimed The One in a extraordinary public announcement. “Our forebears came to this land with naught but the clothes on their backs and the rusty swords of the few that survived the war. They had nothing, and they were faced with life in this harsh and unforgiving land. But they moved forward. They did not quit in the face of this great adversity. They worked hard, and they passed on this work ethic to their descendants. And now I stand before you today, proud of my countrymen and our ancestors, for I give you the rebirth of Vox Controli!

I wish to extend my personal invitation to my fellow world leaders: Wise Legos of Legoland, Chief Stormbringer of Gathering Storm, Glorious Warmonger of Glory of War, La Reina Isabella of Espana and Sultan Fritz Demogypt of Neu_Demogyptica to join we of Voxtavia in our celebration.”

Following the announcement RhothSPIN press was invited to a special tour of the brand new harbors recently completed in the cities of Renewal and Irony and the opening ceremonies for those accomplishments. And what a treat. Our party arrived just as the first sailing ship arrived to anchor in the new port, the first to do so since the Great Voxodus decades ago.

Speaking to a crowded sea of Voxtavian citizens during the ceremony, The One once again provided his exemplary oratory. “My friends, I have said it before, but this is a fine day for we of Voxtavia. When our forebears landed on these shores they found no natural port on this barren rock. The shallow draft galleys of the day barely made it to the shores to unload our people. The few seagoing trade ships that braved the waters to find us were by necessity forced to anchor far away from shore to avoid the treacherous shoals. Many nations abandoned trade with us, and rightly so. We did not even have a central marketplace for them to display their wares. Trade with other nations was slowed practically to a halt.

The fine incense of our former land was lost to us, and this new land of Voxtavia provided no recourse. We have done without all these many years, but no more shall we be forced to watch in displeasure as the richly laden trading ships of others pass us by. We and our forebears have worked hard to build these harbors and a centralized marketplace in the New Voice, and from this day on those trading ships will not pass us by in favor of easier ports of call. Those trading ships will stop here, and dock on our land. And we will once more trade with other lands. My friends, I give you our harbors!”

At these words cheers rang out from the throng of Voxtavians, and I must confess a single tear fell from my own eye, as I too am a proud citizen of Voxtavia.

Later in the day RhothSPIN Press was able to sit down with The One for a short chat about the future of Voxtavia in the wake of the opening of its borders.

“Well we obviously hope that we will see an influx of new trade and tourism. We are finally set to handle it all. We have a lot to offer tourists, not the least of which our favored sports downhill skiing and mountain climbing. We are also hoping that with this new trade and tourism will come those seeking a new life and a new start in our land. We ourselves received a new start many years ago and we offer the same to any who wish it. Privately, I’m expecting a population boom in the years to come.

Also, I’d like to remind our readers of another upcoming event. Many of our fine scholars and historians, including yourself, have labored the last few years in putting together what we like to call The Cadogan Guide to Voxtavia. Spurred by the opening of our borders for trade and tourism, we wish to let the world know about our small but fine nation and it’s history. Look for it soon.”

Last edited by Rhothaerill; December 23, 2003 at 18:47.
Rhothaerill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20, 2003, 05:23   #2
rendelnep
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Ankh-MorporkCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 02:54
Local Date: November 3, 2010
I want first dibs on the tickets to New Vox- oh wait I CAN walk
rendelnep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20, 2003, 09:34   #3
Zayxus
PtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Warlord

Local Time: 15:54
Text
Old December 20, 2003, 12:42   #4
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 08:54
Re: Voxtavia Opens It’s Borders
World Trade Embargo Against Voxtavia!

Do to alleged possesion of Weapons of Miniscule Destruction, the nations of Lego, Gathering Storm, Roleplay, Warmongeria, Neu Demogyptica, and Lux Invicta impossed a complete trade embargo and massive economic sactions against the rogue republic of Voxtavia today.

When asked what kind of pressure Lux Invicta's economic sanctions would bring no answer was given.
GhengisFarb™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24, 2003, 12:54   #5
lmtoops
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCiv4 SP Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 08:54
Damn the embargo, I'm booking my winter ski trip Vox. The snow is always excellent, the hospitality is unmatched and the women always spread their,....eh arms , wide open upon my arrival.
lmtoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26, 2003, 07:42   #6
rendelnep
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Ankh-MorporkCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 02:54
Local Date: November 3, 2010
stuff the ---ing alliance I'm gonna boogy on down in PeeVee
rendelnep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27, 2003, 19:31   #7
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 16:54
I'f we'd have a industrial revolution and consumer-society first, all people could go and not only the nobles and rich merchants!

Aidun
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG
Aidun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27, 2003, 21:03   #8
redstar1
Civilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStates
Prince

Local Time: 15:54
We would love to open Legoland for more tourism but I'm afraid our tiny little island state has but little enough room for its poor villages to grow and so we encourage others to visit the sprawling metropoli and rolling scenery of Voxtavia...