Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Local Time: 16:54
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
Game 5? Can i sign up for Game 6 since it appears 1 and 2 have been cancelled?
If we don't hear from the missing players before tomorow, they will be kicked out of the game
Old January 13, 2004, 09:51   #272
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 23:54
Hey Sir Ralph, what are you quiting for?

Come on mate, lets get the Tournament happening...
Old January 13, 2004, 09:54   #273
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 15:54
It's not the tournament... it's my general attitude towards Civ3 at the moment.
Harovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2004, 09:57   #274
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

well mate that is a shame...

I have only had one opportunity to be in a PBEM with you (while I sat in for ADG) and found that of all the people that I approached for a wrap up, you were happy to help out, and very informative.

Please, stick at it, Civ III is a good game.
Old January 13, 2004, 09:59   #275
Harovan
staff

On a sidenote, if Ghengis replaced me, it would also fix the completely messed up turn order, since we'd have 3 Americans in a row, the time difference of which doesn't really matter.

But I don't want to quit. I just consider the game in a too messy state to play at all, honestly.
Old January 13, 2004, 10:01   #276
Paddy
Prince

As I stated over on the Game 4 thread, my hours are all over the place. Struth SR, look at the times that I post, they can be anywhere 24/7.

And I believe that Big Free said something like that as well.

So my understanding is that only E_T and your hours really matter. Do you agree with that?
Old January 13, 2004, 10:03   #277
Harovan
staff

Still if I straight follow E_T, this generates a certain delay of 18 hours, and that every turn (assuming E_T plays at his evenings).
Old January 13, 2004, 10:09   #278
Paddy
Prince

Sir Ralph, I am not going to win any arguements if you already want to leave.

As to a guaranteed 18 hour delay, this is not guaranteed if we are all on line occasionally at your 6pm.

For this conversation I wish that either Wittlich or Bongo were on line. I play seperate PBEM's with these two and yet being at three massively different time zones these games are really moving along.

Oh and on PBEM games, I am in 10 C3C and 2 PTW PBEM games, most of which are recorded at the PBEM Forum.

Most of these games are hooting along quite well.

It is only the games with more than 5 players that are lagging...

Your choice, your time, yet we all lose if you quit.
Old January 13, 2004, 10:22   #279
Harovan
staff

I don't quit, I will play. It was just a proposal to let Ghengis replace me because a) he's eager to play (while I'm not anymore in the sorry state of the game) and b) it would fix the turn order.
Old January 13, 2004, 10:24   #280
Paddy
Prince

excellant, glad you are going to stick it out...

it will be a good tournie, especially if we can get the first few turns of the ground and all...
Old January 13, 2004, 10:26   #281
Harovan
staff

Still I'd say we wait until the official patch end of February.
Old January 13, 2004, 11:52   #282
Iron Jackson
C3CDG Blood Oath Horde
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Paddy the Scot

For this conversation I wish that either Wittlich or Bongo were on line. I play seperate PBEM's with these two and yet being at three massively different time zones these games are really moving along.
That´s right. Even though Paddy is the only player from another time zone our game moves quite fast.
Iron Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2004, 12:12   #283
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 07:54
I agree, even with Paddy being in a different time zone, I have no problems with the speed of our current PBEM game.
Old January 13, 2004, 12:56   #284
bongo
lifer
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafPtWDG Neu DemogypticaCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeIron CiversC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Time zones doesn't matter really, what matter is availability.

Just want to add that we(me, Paddy, IJ and Johann Moritz managed 4 turns this friday without prior planning. Okay, so we got lucky but 2 turn per day is not unheard of if our availabilty match.
Old January 13, 2004, 13:04   #285
Rommel2D
staff
Civilization III PBEMIron Civers

Local Time: 09:54
Quote:
Originally posted by Octavian X
Game 3:
Wittlich (GMT - 8) wittlich AT sbcglobal DOT net
smellymummy (GMT - 7) sm AT inethighway DOT com
notyoueither (GMT - 7) notyoueither AT hotmail DOT com
CerberusIV (GMT) CerberusIVciv3 AT aol DOT com

Game 4:
BigFree (GMT - 8) bigfree1 AT comcast DOT net
Sir Ralph (GMT + 1) sirralph AT gmx DOT com
E_T () royparrish AT earthlink DOT net
Paddy the Scot (GMT + 11) paddythescot AT hotmail DOT com
Why are the games running west to east? Since it seems to be too much of a problem to work out specific availability times, why not just go with the usual, common sense east-to-west system? Everything else being equal, it should give a faster turnaround time.
Old January 13, 2004, 14:17   #286
Harovan
staff

Way to go, Rommel2D. But some here are arguing against.
Old January 13, 2004, 14:31   #287
Rommel2D
staff
Civilization III PBEMIron Civers

Local Time: 09:54
Quote:
Originally posted by E_T
When did we decide on the Beta Patch?
It was proposed back on the 8th. I count 4 yeas and no nays.

As far as I've seen, the only significant bug (ie noticeable by anyone but the AU whizzes ;-) in Conquests is corruption involving the Forbidden Palace, which was improved with the 1.12 patch. Is there any reason not to use it?
Old January 13, 2004, 14:41   #288
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

We do have enough players for a 5th game:

Game 5:
Beta
SAMUEL2904
Conqueror (GMT +2) conqueror AT mbnet DOT fi)
Master Zen

Still missing timezones and emails from 3 of the players though... oh, and send the wanted Password to Octavian X

The other 3 players:
Arnelos (GMT -5)
SirOsis sirosis AT hotmail DOT com
Trampler.se (GMT + 1) trampler_civ3 AT yahoo DOT com

are set to a 6th game, but if we don't hear from the missing people before tomorow, the first two people takes over their spots in the tournament...
Old January 13, 2004, 15:22   #289
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 10:54
Put me down for a game if you need someone.

conmcb25 AT bluemarble.net

GMT -5

Play in late evenings and occassionally guring the day.
Old January 13, 2004, 15:49   #290
Conqueror
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton UniversityC3CDG Ankh-Morpork
King

PM'ed my password to OctX

About the patch: What about using the latest one, 1.15 BETA ?

FP is fixed some more there and a bit less corruption is experienced than in 1.12.
But 1.12 is fine to use too, as long as the tournament doesnt use fully unpatched version of C3C, i'm very happy to play.
Conqueror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2004, 16:00   #291
Iron Jackson
C3CDG Blood Oath Horde
Prince

@ Conqueror:

Please remember that some of the players might not have an english version. For example, I´m from Germany (nevertheless I own the english version), there might be players with a french or spanish version as well. These beta-patches are meant always for the english version.
Old January 13, 2004, 16:08   #292
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron Jackson
@ Conqueror:

Please remember that some of the players might not have an english version. For example, I´m from Germany (nevertheless I own the english version), there might be players with a french or spanish version as well. These beta-patches are meant always for the english version.
Im not an expert in this issue but I do not think this is correct.

Jesse said I believe in the release threads that if you applied 1.02 first then you were OK to apply the Beta's.

The French Team at MZO seems to be playing fine with 1.12 in the Demogame we have going there.
Old January 13, 2004, 16:44   #293
Iron Jackson
C3CDG Blood Oath Horde
Prince

@ conmcb25:

1.12b was an international beta-release.
1.15b is a developer-patch (I know it´s horrible english, so please excuse that).

In the news section of our german civ-page
civ3.de
you can read that 1.15b is only meant for users with an english version.

I´m no expert, I just believe what the guys at that page tell me.
Old January 13, 2004, 16:49   #294
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 08:54
I downloaded and ran all three exe's. 1.12 and 1.15 both had options to choose the language for the patch. 1.13 was only English language. Are they saying 1.15 is faulty for all but the English versions?
GhengisFarb™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2004, 16:55   #295
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron Jackson
@ conmcb25:

1.12b was an international beta-release.
1.15b is a developer-patch (I know it´s horrible english, so please excuse that).

In the news section of our german civ-page
civ3.de
you can read that 1.15b is only meant for users with an english version.

I´m no expert, I just believe what the guys at that page tell me.
Ah, OK thanks for clarifying.

Well then if that true it looks like all we can do is 1.12 until another "official" patch comes out. Beta or not.
Old January 13, 2004, 19:25   #296
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Crap, I did mess those time zones up. When your studying for a math final while staring at those time zone numbers, your initial instinct is to put them in the correct numerical order, rather than the time zone.
Still, that's no excuse for the mistake I made, and I offer my most humble apoligies.

I've no object to GhengisFarb taking Sir Ralph's place, if they both agree to it. Sir Ralph, I encourage you to take GF's spot in Game 2 (CORRECTLY arranged according to timezone).

Tarquinius and rogerurb will have one more day to send in a password, due mainly to the fact I'm unable to properly create a map at this moment. Otherwise, they will be replaced.
Old January 13, 2004, 19:28   #297
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Why didn't you just create one map and use it for each of the first set of games?
GhengisFarb™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2004, 20:12   #298
Harovan
staff

Sure, and the player names could just be "Player 1", "Player 2" etc.. The group members will know.

As for me, I have been asked to stay in the game 4. Buggers me, since it looks as if it will last twice as long as necessary.
Old January 13, 2004, 21:59   #299
smellymummy
King

Local Time: 06:54
will we have individual threads for each game?
smellymummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2004, 22:24   #300
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 07:54
Quote:
Originally posted by smellymummy
will we have individual threads for each game?
Yes.

Smelly, our game thread is here:

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=106314