Old January 9, 2004, 16:02   #481
-Jrabbit
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II MultiplayerMacCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization II Succession Games
Deity

Local Time: 09:55
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I'm not saying it couldn't succeed. I'm just saying it would expose Angelo as an idiot for how he went about this.

I have nothing against Lovie and Romeo.

"The Borg are gay." -Drake Tungsten
Old January 9, 2004, 16:08   #482
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Local Time: 10:55
Well Angelo is an idiot no matter what, of course.
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old January 9, 2004, 17:15   #483
-Jrabbit
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II MultiplayerMacCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization II Succession Games
Deity

Oh.

Well, thanks. I feel so much better now...

"The Borg are gay." -Drake Tungsten
Old January 9, 2004, 17:24   #484
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

Local Time: 08:55
Quote:
Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
Quote:
Erickson's doomed.
DOOMED!
DOOMED
Old January 9, 2004, 17:27   #485
Imran Siddiqui
staff

If we don't watch the game this weekend, we'll be...

DOOMED!
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
Old January 9, 2004, 17:47   #486
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

Local Time: 08:55
DOOMED!
Old January 9, 2004, 23:01   #487
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

I can't say I'm suprised by this, after all...

http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/...al/7658631.htm

Quote:
Dad's memory isn't doing him any Favre
By DON RUSSELL
russeld@phillynews.com

Brett Favre

After Brett Favre's dad, "Big Irv," died last month, even Eagles fans felt sorry for the Green Bay Packers' star quarterback.

For about three minutes.

Then we found out the Birds would be playing the Packers in the second round of the NFC playoffs.

And now, Birds fans are bad-mouthing Favre, big time.

On talk radio, they mocked his dad's ascension to heaven.

On the Internet, they're laughing at the idea that, as one TV sportscaster proclaimed, "There's an angel on the shoulders of the Packers."

The trash talk at the Eagles' official fan site only ceased when the Web site moderator threatened to ban anyone who joked about Big Irv.

There is no pity in Philly for "Saint" Brett.

Family tree
FATHER:

Irvin Favre. As a high school football coach, he helped Southern Miss violate NCAA rules to recruit his son.

WIFE: Deanna. He got her pregnant when he was 18, and she was 19. Married her seven years later.

BROTHER: Scott. Killed a family friend when he drove his car into a railroad crossing and got hit by a train. Jailed for DUI.

SISTER: Brandi. A Mississippi beauty queen, arrested for shoplifting.

Model citizen

In 1992, Favre was arrested after a barroom brawl in Hattiesburg, Miss., that began when he was arguing with the future Mrs. Favre. A bystander tried to intervene, and soon Favre was wrestling him to the floor. Favre was charged with drunkenness, disorderly conduct, and profanity.

Pillhead

Favre was a substance abuser in the mid-1990s. In 1996, he announced he was addicted to Vicodin, a prescription pain-killer.

The NFL sent him to the Menninger Clinic in Topeka, Kan., to dry out. Favre now says he's sober.

Mentor

"The biggest problem wasn't getting the pills down, it was keeping them down. I'd go into the bathroom, take a big slug of water, and try swallowing a handful of pills. Most of the time, I'd just throw them right back up and they'd land on the floor. No big deal. I'd just pick the pills out of the vomit, rinse them off, and try again."

- From "Vicodin, Rehab and Beer. Hey, It Won Me a Super Bowl," an excerpt from Favre's 1998 autobiography, "Favre: For The Record," published in Esquire magazine

Caring father figure

During his Vicodin addiction, Favre went into a seizure in front of his 7-year-old daughter. While watching her dad convulsing, the child screamed, "Is my daddy going to die? Is my daddy going to die?"

A reformed man

Favre was sprung from rehab after lying to his counselors. In his autobiography, he brags:

"Finally, I told them what they wanted to hear: that I was a drug addict and I needed help. Sure enough, a week later they said, 'We think you're ready to leave.'

"...Then I walked out the door and was like, 'Screw you.' "

Dork

He's a clubhouse prankster who's been known to put Heet ointment in players' jockstraps and shaving cream in their helmets. Once, he doused his own roommate with a bucket of ice water while he was on a commode.

If he wasn't making $10 million a year, somebody would've already pushed him off a tall building.

Hollywood star

In his best-known screen role, "There's Something About Mary," he somehow manages to lose Cameron Diaz to Ben Stiller. In the lesser-known "Reggie's Prayer," Favre plays a janitor in an all-star cast that includes M.C. Hammer, Reggie White, Mike Holmgren and Pat Morita.

A gentleman

Favre likes to fart. A lot. He told Playboy:

"If I'm on a golf outing with [Dan] Marino and [Jim] Kelly and they're getting ready to hit, I'll rip a big fart. They say, 'That's awful!' But why? Everybody does it. Just because you're a professional athlete or a politician doesn't mean you stop taking dumps and scratching your ass. Of course, there's a time and place for humor like that. I don't go to corporate events, where everyone is in a suit and tie, and start cutting farts. Not loud ones, anyway."

Wuss

Brett is scared of the dark. He sleeps with a light on.
Old January 10, 2004, 00:36   #488
yavoon
Warlord

Local Time: 14:55
Quote:
Originally posted by Zopperoni
Erickson's doomed.
I dont think erickson will do any worse w/ mora jr.'s leaving.

he has already imprinted his lackluster work ethic and inconsisten performance on a team that he was able to take from 10 wins to 7 wins in what must be called the anti-parcell.

and honestly, mora jr. gave up quite a few plays trying to find more exotic blitzes. if they went and tookup a cover 2 I dont think they'd do any worse on defense.
Old January 10, 2004, 02:20   #489
Drake Tungsten
Deity

Quote:
Ahman Green will run all over them
True dat.
Old January 10, 2004, 04:47   #490
SnowFire
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

I'm not much of a football fan, but what with all the Eagles sycophantism I have to put up with here in Southern NJ, nothing would please me more than the Packers delivering a nice drubbing to the Eagles. I wouldn't be able to wait to see the papers, then.

Not to mention that I've always liked the Packers from what I've heard of them. Go Green Bay!
Old January 10, 2004, 14:13   #491
Brundlefly
Prince

Quote:
I can't say I'm suprised by this, after all...
This article was soundly trashed on Philly sportstalk radio by fans and radio personalities alike. This writer is new to Phila. Daily News and thought he was being clever by pandering to the stereotype of Philadelphia fans.
Old January 10, 2004, 21:24   #492
Darsnan
supporter
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPolyCast TeamSpore
Emperor

Wow! Rams/ Panthers 23-23 after one OT! Great game!

D
Old January 10, 2004, 21:30   #493
Guynemer
C4WDG The GooniesCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-League
Emperor

Sehorn's a stiff.
Old January 10, 2004, 21:31   #494
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

I'm a huge rams fan and hate the outcome, but...damn what a game.
Old January 11, 2004, 00:22   #495
Imran Siddiqui
staff

Quote:
he has already imprinted his lackluster work ethic and inconsisten performance on a team that he was able to take from 10 wins to 7 wins in what must be called the anti-parcell.

If the 49ers had even an AVERAGE kicker, the 9ers would have been 10-6 easy and probably in the playoffs.

--

The best part of the Rams game was that Wilkins recovered his OWN on-sides kick in order for the Rams to get into position to tie the game.

And I told y'all that the Panthers were a team to watch out for in the NFC when everyone was saying it was easily going to be St. Louis v. Philly in the NFC Championship . Carolina matches up well against Philly as well, btw.

New England just basically beat Tennessee... but McNair showed why he was co-MVP in that game.
Old January 11, 2004, 00:27   #496
Imran Siddiqui
staff

Oh, and so far me and Ming in the CBS poll, ridiculed for taking all the road teams have both gone 2-0.
Old January 11, 2004, 03:12   #497
yavoon
Warlord

Local Time: 14:55
Quote:
Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
Quote:

If the 49ers had even an AVERAGE kicker, the 9ers would have been 10-6 easy and probably in the playoffs.

--

The best part of the Rams game was that Wilkins recovered his OWN on-sides kick in order for the Rams to get into position to tie the game.

And I told y'all that the Panthers were a team to watch out for in the NFC when everyone was saying it was easily going to be St. Louis v. Philly in the NFC Championship . Carolina matches up well against Philly as well, btw.

New England just basically beat Tennessee... but McNair showed why he was co-MVP in that game.
even if u discount the kicker they were stil extraordinarily inconsistent. flopping games to arizona, then putting up 52 on arizona. it was jekyl and hyde.
Old January 11, 2004, 12:16   #498
Imran Siddiqui
staff

Quote:
even if u discount the kicker they were stil extraordinarily inconsistent. flopping games to arizona, then putting up 52 on arizona. it was jekyl and hyde.
You can say the same thing about, say, Green Bay. However, because they are in the playoffs no one cares!

If the 9er had a decent kicker, they'd be in the playoffs instead of Seattle and no one would say anything about them being up and down during the season.