Old December 22, 2003, 20:04   #1
Spec
Emperor

Local Time: 15:01
Local Date: November 2, 2010
The russians are about to get it
So, I have 24 knights and 32 medieval infantries waiting for me at home, just on the borders of the Russian, 3 turns before Military advancement. As soon as I get it, I upgrade to Cavalry and then head on into Russian territory.
I already posess a large territory so I dont need to expand anymore. So my question is this, if I kill the Russians for good, and give the cities to random civs, will I be less viewed as a invader. I mean let's say I aly france vs the russains, and every city I take I give to the french, when the war is over, will the franch stay polite with me? Every time I ally up, fight a common enemy and exterminate it, the ex-ally becomes furious with me.

So, what will happen?

Spec.
Old December 23, 2003, 00:45   #2
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 03:01
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Depends what happens in the war. If you raze cities, there's a permanent black mark in your book. Giving gifts IS good for your reputation, but that wears off with time.

You really should read the link posted in your other thread about reputation - it tells you EVERYTHING that affects it.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old December 23, 2003, 00:55   #3
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 11:01
My questiojn is why do you care? If you can flatten the Russians and I suspect you can, don't worry about rep. They will still trade if you have something they need.

I would raze any cities I felt were a hinderence. Keep any that had a strategic value. You could still gift a few to whomever you choose, but I would only do it to hurt them. The corruption and the chance for any grief.
Old December 23, 2003, 13:27   #4
steven8r
Prince

Local Time: 09:01
Yeah, what vmxa1 said.

About your rep: If you ally with some civs vs the Russians and then wipe them out before the alliance expires, you will suffer a rep hit same as if you broke the treaty.
This situation sucks rocks, but that's the way it works.
Old December 23, 2003, 16:34   #5
Cerbykins
Warlord

It doesn't seem to damage your ability to set up deals in the same way as if a luxury or ROP deal goes pear-shaped (wrong), so it's not a big loss. Squash and move on. In fact, if the Russians are small enough, ignore the upgrade/only upgrade a few, kill them off, and upgrade later
(money supply increasing over time, as it usually does...)

If you take a city and know you can't keep it, give it to another civ for laughs
Speaking of Russians, I do believe I stormed them in Australasia on an Earth map, then promptly gave Moscow to the French :P
By the time it culture-flipped back..I had the muscle to take it for good
Old December 24, 2003, 05:23   #6
sprudl
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Warlord

Local Time: 17:01
Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
Depends what happens in the war. If you raze cities, there's a permanent black mark in your book.
I wonder if this also affects war weariness amongst your own citizens. I raze a lot because defending the cities slows down my attack.
Old December 24, 2003, 07:59   #7
Flip McWho
Warlord

Local Time: 03:01
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Sounds as if your strong enough to not have to worry bout it. As vmxa1 says, why care. Steam roll them and raze the useless ones and keep the good ones. Hell I keep all cities but then I do play on easier difficulty levels so it might be different for me.
Old December 24, 2003, 11:12   #8
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 11:01
Re: The russians are about to get it
Quote:
Originally posted by Spec
So, I have 24 knights and 32 medieval infantries waiting for me at home, just on the borders of the Russian, 3 turns before Military advancement. As soon as I get it, I upgrade to Cavalry and then head on into Russian territory.
Hey Spec...give us update. Did those troops of yours smash the Russians?

We've all had that feeling of mentally reviewing battle plans or domestic expansion plans of civ while at work.

Last night I dreamed about my situation with the Chinese. I plan on destroying them and worked on it until 2 AM when I decided I just had to go to bed. Obviously, my brain wanted to continue (since I dreamed about it), but my body could give no more

If I only could get a job playing civ. Now, that's a dream!
Old December 24, 2003, 15:56   #9
Bone
Settler

Re: Re: The russians are about to get it
Quote:
If I only could get a job playing civ. Now, that's a dream!
no doubt!!