Old December 25, 2003, 00:41   #1
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 09:07
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Forming the First Government
I assume at some point, seeing as we're supposed to start Jan. 3, that we'll be forming a government. Do we need to elect consuls, or are the three mods temporarily holding those positions?

If so, then they need to appoint Ministers. Let's get a move on, folks!

Consul Nominees
OctavianX
Conmcb25
Togas
Kloreep

Last edited by Lord Nuclear; December 31, 2003 at 14:29.
Octavian X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25, 2003, 09:41   #2
jordie
PtWDG Lux InvictaCivilization III MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Warlord

Local Time: 01:07
Local Date: November 3, 2010
I'm up for any role that needs to be filled.
jordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25, 2003, 17:45   #3
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 07:07
I think it would be best if those interested in being a Consul post in this thread and that we have an election.

With the start being Jan 3rd, can we try to get elections started on Dec 30th? We could run them through Jan 2.

My proposal: We list all of the candidates in a poll. We can vote for up to 3 of them. Top 3 candidates are Consuls.

The candidate with the most votes has a 3 month term. The candidate with the least votes has a 1 month term. The other, obviously, has a 2 month term.

If there's a tie, I propose that the winning Consuls break it.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Togas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25, 2003, 17:46   #4
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

sidenote: The Consuls pick the Ministers, but we definately should have either a thread with the candidates or an informal poll done to help the Consuls pick who should be which minister.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old December 25, 2003, 17:47   #5
Tassadar500
Emperor

Local Time: 08:07
Quote:
Originally posted by Togas
I think it would be best if those interested in being a Consul post in this thread and that we have an election.

With the start being Jan 3rd, can we try to get elections started on Dec 30th? We could run them through Jan 2.

My proposal: We list all of the candidates in a poll. We can vote for up to 3 of them. Top 3 candidates are Consuls.

The candidate with the most votes has a 3 month term. The candidate with the least votes has a 1 month term. The other, obviously, has a 2 month term.

If there's a tie, I propose that the winning Consuls break it.

--Togas

Now come on and somebody run!
Tassadar500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25, 2003, 17:53   #6
Tassadar500
Emperor

Quote:
sidenote: The Consuls pick the Ministers, but we definately should have either a thread with the candidates or an informal poll done to help the Consuls pick who should be which minister.

--Togas

Once again I agree. If no one has a problem with this I will go and set up the thread
Old December 25, 2003, 22:08   #7
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Well, now that I do have C3C, I will announce that I intend to run for the position of Consul.

Vote Doughnut!
Old December 25, 2003, 23:05   #8
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 11:07
I second Octavian X

Thanks for doing this BTW, I had it in the back of my mind that we needed to get the counsels elected and was waiting for the poll on the Constitution to wrap up, which I think it has.

It would be nice to have the counsels in place by Jan 3 if not sooner. But don't be surprised if we dont start on that day. We have a lot of issues to reslove yet, and I have seen a huge drop off in activity at the UN since the Holidays started (Last weekend). My guess in mid January at the earliest but its best if we are ready to rock in roll

Who else wants to be a Counsel? You can nominate yourself or others. If you nominate others I believe they have to accept.

I nominate Nuclear Master.
Old December 25, 2003, 23:26   #9
Tassadar500
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25
I second Octavian X

Thanks for doing this BTW, I had it in the back of my mind that we needed to get the counsels elected and was waiting for the poll on the Constitution to wrap up, which I think it has.

It would be nice to have the counsels in place by Jan 3 if not sooner. But don't be surprised if we dont start on that day. We have a lot of issues to reslove yet, and I have seen a huge drop off in activity at the UN since the Holidays started (Last weekend). My guess in mid January at the earliest but its best if we are ready to rock in roll

Who else wants to be a Counsel? You can nominate yourself or others. If you nominate others I believe they have to accept.

I nominate Nuclear Master.

Thank you for the nomination Con. But since my computer situation is still the same I can't run at this time.
Old December 27, 2003, 21:17   #10
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 10:07
Since almost no one else is, I'll run for a Consulship.

Edit: BTW, I like Togas' system.
Old December 28, 2003, 02:12   #11
Togas
Emperor

Kloreep is a good man for the job. I've seen his work in the past and he knows his stuff.

--Togas
Old December 30, 2003, 01:28   #12
Octavian X
King

Well, we still need at least one more volunteer for consul. Any takers?

I'd nominate Togas - I think he'd do a good job.
Old December 30, 2003, 04:59   #13
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 16:07
I also like Togas' system, but we'll need at least 3 candidates to pull it off.
BigFurryMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30, 2003, 15:47   #14
Togas
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Octavian X
I'd nominate Togas - I think he'd do a good job.
Heck, I'll do it.

That makes three, but if anyone else wants the job I'll step down so that we can have a fresh group of people leading this team. I'm still pretty busy with the other games I'm in.

Since today is the 30th, there's not much time.

Let's have one of the mods start up an election thread later tonight, give any potential candidates another six hours or so to sign on.

--Togas
Old December 30, 2003, 15:51   #15
Tassadar500
Emperor

Quote:

Heck, I'll do it.

That makes three, but if anyone else wants the job I'll step down so that we can have a fresh group of people leading this team. I'm still pretty busy with the other games I'm in.

Since today is the 30th, there's not much time.

Let's have one of the mods start up an election thread later tonight, give any potential candidates another six hours or so to sign on.

--Togas
Will do If no one else steps up I plan to make an election poll of all three candidates so we can see who's term will be up next and so on.
Old December 31, 2003, 07:13   #16
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Master

Will do If no one else steps up I plan to make an election poll of all three candidates so we can see who's term will be up next and so on.
Put me down for the Counsel Elections.

Dont be in too much of a hurry to launch the election. I just checked the IDG UN and there is NO WAY we are starting this weekend. Debate and a vote on the agreed to baned exploits/cheats hasn't really begun yet and that will definately take some time.

I would suggest getting the elections up for sometime on saturday, and run them for 72 hours. (Note the ISDG constitution was changed to 72 hours recently, Im not sure if we mentioned that or not).

That will give more people a chance to get settled after the holiday, and give us most of a weekend and a weekday to vote.
Old December 31, 2003, 12:16   #17
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Oct, Klo, and Togas...

I'm a happy senator.
Old December 31, 2003, 13:07   #18
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

con - are you running for consul as well? If a nomination is required - I would be pleased and more than willing to nominate you.
Old December 31, 2003, 14:24   #19
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

For everybody that has expressed any interest in this thread, I am more than happy to nominate.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
GodKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31, 2003, 14:48   #20
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by GodKing
For everybody that has expressed any interest in this thread, I am more than happy to nominate.
Nominating the whole thread are you?
BigFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31, 2003, 17:09   #21
Togas
Emperor

Now that we have four candidates, I won't be needed, but I can't seem to convince myself that I should entirely drop out. Feel free to vote for me or not. If I'm selected I'll do my best to stay involved, but I'll stay involved even if not selected.

We should form our government before the start of the game, as the Consuls will also need to select Ministers and set up other policies and procedures.

While we are using the PTW ISDG team's Constitution and organization as a jumping off point we really are a separate game that can and should have a life of its own. Let's feel free to do things a bit differently if we want to, and to try to improve upon the lessons learned in previous games.

Oh, and let's start the elections on Jan 1.

--Togas
Old December 31, 2003, 17:41   #22
Tassadar500
Emperor

Quote:
Now that we have four candidates, I won't be needed, but I can't seem to convince myself that I should entirely drop out. Feel free to vote for me or not. If I'm selected I'll do my best to stay involved, but I'll stay involved even if not selected.

We should form our government before the start of the game, as the Consuls will also need to select Ministers and set up other policies and procedures.

While we are using the PTW ISDG team's Constitution and organization as a jumping off point we really are a separate game that can and should have a life of its own. Let's feel free to do things a bit differently if we want to, and to try to improve upon the lessons learned in previous games.

--Togas

So, are you saying elections for all the minister positions? Wouldn't that be difficult to organize considering some candidates for minister positions are running for a Consul spot?
Old December 31, 2003, 18:57   #23
Togas
Emperor

We could do elections for the Minister positions if the team wants to do that. If we did, we definately should get the Consul elections done first, then do Minister elections.

--Togas
Old December 31, 2003, 19:38   #24
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Beta
con - are you running for consul as well? If a nomination is required - I would be pleased and more than willing to nominate you.
Yes, I am, I would prefer to do it early in the game. Thanks for the nomination

I think

Old December 31, 2003, 19:44   #25
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:

--Togas
Togas, I think you SHOULD run!

I dont agree with the first however. its a holiday and Im not really sure we will have a lot of interest tomorrow. I say start on the 3rd. Its a saturday which gives us a whole weekend and the 5th which is a first day back at work or school for a lot of us. Im just worried about maximizing participation or the lack there of. (im going to be very sensitive to potential alienation and lack of interest in this Demo Game.)

And if we want to elect ministers thats OK as well, maybe we should just poll it to guage the interest in that and if the majority thinks it is a good idea we put up a constitutional amendment for vote.
Old January 3, 2004, 18:17   #26
Tassadar500
Emperor

One last time, does anyone else want to volunteer to become Consul? I am going to set up the election soon.