Old December 25, 2003, 21:42   #61
KrazyHorse
Deity

Local Time: 11:08
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Oerdin
I use Oerdin in ever forum I post in and I have never ran into anyone else who uses this name. So if you see it then you know it's me.

BTW there seems to be a lot of polytubbies at Counterglow though it sometimes pisses off the locals.
If you've been there as long as me they stop thinking of you as such.
Get Rich or Die Tryin'
Old December 25, 2003, 21:45   #62
KrazyHorse
Deity

Sweet. Softlinking has created a google hit on my websaite when "krazyhorse" is typed in.
Get Rich or Die Tryin'
Old December 25, 2003, 21:52   #63
Q Classic
Emperor

Local Time: 10:08
i'm qcubed on /. and other boards i usually frequent.

i saw ari rakkihahahalalalalahahaha-whatever with the same rei-sex0ring-tux avatar at forums.gentoo.org, where i am also qcubed, but i really just lurk there.
Old December 25, 2003, 21:55   #64
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 01:08
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Lonestar and Silence from AC-Fiction have been sighted at SpaceBattles.com. I used to go there under the name of Windgrace, but I had to stop because it kept crashing my computer.

Apolyton is the only forum I keep coming back to . . . I wish I could find a secondary forum that would hold me.
Old December 26, 2003, 00:07   #65
Grandpa Troll
supporter
PolyCast TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
Immortal Factotum

I seen Solver on some forums, IIRC, Moderating some, IIRC, to do with Ages Of Empires Series.or AOM..been awhile though...

I do or should say used to Mod quite a bit with the AOEII:The Conquerors Rxpansion pack..

Peace

Grandpa Troll
Old December 26, 2003, 00:11   #66
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 23:08
Quote:
Originally posted by Azazel

Oh, they're evil, for sure.

But I still post in them.
They have their strengths.
Old December 26, 2003, 00:20   #67
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 15:08
I ran into vmxa1 and Ribannah at the official 3DO forums... and both Ribannah and myself now post at Wysard's Realm (though we keep our distance)
Old December 26, 2003, 00:25   #68
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

how many SA goons do we have here at poly?

/me raises his hand
Old December 26, 2003, 01:42   #69
self biased
staff
Civilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
Civilization V News Editor

lessee, i post at counterglow, here...

there's also digital requiem and virtual suicide. it's where all the refugees went from the marilyn manson bbs when that was shut down last year. also i post on the fear factory message board.

there's also xmike... i'm slowly trolling for some cute thing to add to the great project.

as for name problems, the fear factory site has proven to be quite problematic, seeing as 'self bias resistor' is the title of one of their songs. fortunately, the one mod changed his name, and the other ninny's don't post too much.

i was also banned from the pantera forums for being annoying.
Old December 26, 2003, 01:52   #70
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 02:08
I generally use the name Skanky Burns wherever I go. It seems to be unique.
Old December 26, 2003, 01:56   #71
self biased
staff
Civilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
Civilization V News Editor

same here, oddly enough. there were no self biaseds on the fear factory board. and after five years of typing in italics, i've yet to find some else who does it as exclusively as i do.

did no one think of it before me?
Old December 26, 2003, 02:01   #72
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

it's notoriously retarded, especially when you use notmal text for emphasis.

well, thats my opinion anyway.
Old December 26, 2003, 02:14   #73
Zevico
Prince

Local Time: 01:08
Quote:
I don't post anywhere else. I wish I didn't post here. You bastards have wasted enough of my life already...
We love you too
I lurk/post occasionally at 3EBB (www.3rdedition.org), which, if that is humanly possible, is more geeky than posting here...
Old December 26, 2003, 02:16   #74
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

Local Time: 09:08
Quote:
Originally posted by Makeo
I've seen Ixnay at somethingawful.
Yeah, I remember you quoted one of my posts once and made a reference to Apolyton.

Really caught me off guard.
Old December 26, 2003, 02:53   #75
Drake Tungsten
Deity

Quote:
We love you too
Old December 26, 2003, 03:00   #76
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Stefu

At least DU has that system where they show all the posts at once. And besides, it's an endless source of TEH FUNY - like an exact polar opposite of freerepublic.com.

(Incidentally, I think I've seen Sava post there. It speaks a lot that in those posts, Sava was a voice of reason and moderation.)
yup that's me... but I got banned once from there for saying mean things about Clinton (some dope admin thought I was a republican... ). I waited a while and started another account under the name "evil_orange_cat"

I mostly post there to find some news with a more "liberal" slant I guess. It's nice to be part of a community where EVERYONE hates Bush. Sometimes when I get so mad at Repukes, I go there. It is a source of TEH FUNY...
Old December 26, 2003, 03:05   #77
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 00:08
Man, there's some wackos on those boards. Elijah's philosophy one is the worst.
Old December 26, 2003, 03:33   #78
Gatekeeper
Mac
King

Local Time: 09:08
Hmm ... I suspect there's a few other 'Poly posters at TrekBBS, 'cause that's how I found the place myself (given a link).

I also post occasionally in the EU-Literature part of the Jedi Council Forums (good God, talk about a *massive* grouping of forums and hyper-active most of the time).

Another grouping of forums I peruse and post at on occasion is StargateBBS.

Does anyone see a pattern here?

Gatekeeper

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius
Old December 26, 2003, 03:37   #79
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 18:08
Quote:
Originally posted by ixnay

Yeah, I remember you quoted one of my posts once and made a reference to Apolyton.

Really caught me off guard.
Is you posting on apolyton some sort of shameful fact?
Old December 26, 2003, 04:34   #80
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Quote:
Is you posting on apolyton some sort of shameful fact?
Isn't it for you?
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old December 26, 2003, 04:39   #81
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 18:08
touché.
Old December 26, 2003, 15:01   #82
Stefu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 17:08
Quote:
but I got banned once from there for saying mean things about Clinton (some dope admin thought I was a republican...
Sounds pretty typical. If I'd have a blog or some other soapbox like that, one of the projects I'd like to do and publish in the blog is a list of all the things that 1. get you called a Freeper/a Republican/a Rove plant/whatever or 2. get you banned. I've seen people get the Freeper tag for horrific crimes like arguing that Bush didn't have foreknowledge of 9/11, or that Sen. Wellstone wasn't killed by a GOP conspiracy, or that Afghanistan war was necessary. Or that Clinton wasn't all that he's claimed to be.

However, I often get stupid Bush pictures from there I can post to Apolyton. And the retarded Michael Moore picture is from there, too, although no-one seemed to remark on his apparent retardation

Incidentally, I'm too lazy to post anything there, but could you, oh, please, could you post the Kucinich Spirit & Stardust speech there? I want to see their reactions - I don't think it has been posted there yet by anybody, which is a bit odd.
"Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
"That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world
Old December 26, 2003, 15:25   #83
Kuciwalker
Deity

Quote:
Skywalker is a member of the Computer Games Forum apparently (And it might actually be him, since this site deals with computer games too)
I don't recall a Computer Games Forum. Link?
Old December 26, 2003, 15:35   #84
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

Quote:
Incidentally, I'm too lazy to post anything there, but could you, oh, please, could you post the Kucinich Spirit & Stardust speech there? I want to see their reactions - I don't think it has been posted there yet by anybody, which is a bit odd.
what is so silly about this speech? could you post some snippets on what you find funny? I read it, and despite the spiritual existential language in the beginning, the goals he spoke about seemed noble and worthy. I'm not a Kucinich fan, and I do think he's a bit nutty. But that particular speech doesn't seem that weird.

There are people out there who really detest war and violence and would like to see the US government doing more good than evil.
Old December 26, 2003, 15:44   #85
Stefu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self. The energy of the stars becomes us. We become the energy of the stars. Stardust and spirit unite and we begin: One with the universe. Whole and holy. From one source, endless creative energy, bursting forth, kinetic, elemental.
...is probably the most of it. In general it's the whole new-agey tone of it, especially in the beginning parts, and the way it segues with Dennis's other wackiness (Orbital Mind Control Lasers thingy, connections with Natural Law Party, etc.)

On a second thought, it may be true that it doesn't work that well out of that context, especially on a forum which takes often has a similar tone in itself (BUT IF YOU BELIEVE IN CHRIST YOU BETTER KEEP QUIET ABOUT IT YOU RELIGIOUS OPPRESSOR GRRMG.)
"Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
"That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world
Old December 26, 2003, 15:52   #86
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

I don't see Kucinich's new age beliefs any stranger or illogical than Christianity's... in fact, the new age crap makes a little more sense... (they are still whackjobs, however )

but you are right STEFU, it doesn't work that well on that forum because a lot of those people on DU believe that stuff.
Old December 26, 2003, 16:00   #87
monkspider
Civilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
King

I saw that one guy who posts here on rottentomatoes.com, ya know, the one with the glasses, bad taste in clothes.

I use a different username on nearly every forum, so my identity at hotfurrypoopshootlove.com will remain safely anonymous.
Old December 26, 2003, 16:06   #88
Stefu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

I don't know. I'd tend to say that on a "how-much-do-you-need-to-assume" grounds Christianity is more logical than new-age stuff (of course, defining this is complicated by what a range of beliefs comes under the "new-age" umbrella.)

One thing I'd want to see is someone, preferably an atheist, making a study or something where he evaluates all religion on how how much stuff do you need to assume ("You just gotta BELIEVE!") for it to work. One one end I'd assume you'd have some sort of deism (which is kind of what I'm leaning towards) and on the other emd stuff like Scientology and Mormonism (let's just say I saw the dum dum dum dum episode of South Park just yesterday )

I mean, you sometimes see atheists scoffing at Christianity but letting Wicca (which Jer Gardner just basically pulled out of his ass in 1950s) and such faiths off easy. This might have something to do with the relative power levels of the religions, of course, but it's still kind of annoying.
Old December 26, 2003, 16:09   #89
Stefu
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
I saw that one guy who posts here on rottentomatoes.com, ya know, the one with the glasses, bad taste in clothes.
Horrifying Internet effect - just based on association with movie review sites, my first thought was "Harry Knowles?"
Old December 26, 2003, 16:10   #90
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

Quote:
One thing I'd want to see is someone, preferably an atheist, making a study or something where he evaluates all religion on how how much stuff do you need to assume ("You just gotta BELIEVE!") for it to work. One one end I'd assume you'd have some sort of deism (which is kind of what I'm leaning towards) and on the other emd stuff like Scientology and Mormonism (let's just say I saw the dum dum dum dum episode of South Park just yesterday )
... maybe I will

Quote:
I mean, you sometimes see atheists scoffing at Christianity but letting Wicca (which Jer Gardner just basically pulled out of his ass in 1950s) and such faiths off easy. This might have something to do with the relative power levels of the religions, of course, but it's still kind of annoying.
I think atheists only attack Christianity so much because so many so called "Christians" are so outspoken about telling people how to live their lives. Those other nutbags (while more dopey than Christians) tend to keep to themselves.

I think people should be able to believe whatever they want. But, if you are in the business of trying to tell other people how to live their lives, you are free game for attacks on your beliefs.

Plus, many atheists, I think, come from Christian backgrounds and their outrage is more personal because they were so exposed to Christianity.

plus, it's not like the Wicca religion has played the role Christianity has in history...

NOBODY EXPECTS THE WICCAN INQUISITIONS!