View Poll Results: Please read the post below
Stay Frontier 0 0%
Switch to Democratic 3 75.00%
I am TassaGod... err... I mean: Cybobanana! 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 26, 2003, 15:04   #1
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 17:11
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Switch to Democracy?
If everything goes according to plan, we should assimilate data on Ethical Calculus MY 2151, giving us the ability to switch to Democracy for 40 credits. My question is whether we should switch to Democracy next turn or not. This poll has a time limit of five days.

The disadvantage of Democracy is -2 Support.
This means that new bases won't get 10 minerals for free. However since we, after And/Or Gate which will still get the bonus, don't plan to found any new bases in the near future, this should not be a problem.
A bigger problem is that we will loose about 10 minerals per year to support costs.

The advantages of Democracy are +2 Growth and +2 Efficiency.

When using the MY 2150 presend save I switch out of Planned to simulate the extra democratic efficiency, we get 6 extra labs per year. This bonus will probably increase as we capture more PEACE bases further from our HQ in the next few years.

Another bonus of efficiency is having less b-drones. We of course can't be absolutely sure of this due to Kody's cheating, but for now this will mean one less drone in Binary Bastion. If it works the currently being cultivated farm this will mean two extra nutrients and one mineral per year. The number of b-drones we have less due to democracy will probably increase though after capturing Tripoli, MVille and other PEACE bases. We'll have to wait to know for sure.

The second bonus is +2 Growth. Together with Planned this will mean only 7 instead of 9 nutrient rows will have to be filled to let a base grow. I guess you could put this as saying that every surplus nutrient will be 9/7 more valuable than before. We currently have 28 surplus nutrients. (28/7*9)-28 = 8 virtual extra nutrients compared to our current situation.
An added bonus by going to Democracy right now is that if I calculated correctly we will have six new workers within the next two turns, while normally it would still take a few more turns. Only the new Logic Loop worker would have to be a doctor.

Please discuss or vote.
Old December 26, 2003, 20:03   #2
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 15:11
Democracy We need more Efficiency and Growth

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old December 26, 2003, 23:21   #3
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 15:11
I am your god
Old December 27, 2003, 00:22   #4
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 08:11
Democracy triggers growth in most core bases, if yall think we can handle this then I would be all for a quick switch to Democracy. If our current war Production is going to be the last we perform and we can imediatly start on peacefull building and Drone Control then by all means lets go Democracy. Using Doctors temporarily is a viable option, but I always like to start a control Facility when a Doctor is needed, unless something VERY urgent is needed. If we start soon then the Doctors wont be needed for more then a handfull of turns.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche