Old April 9, 2004, 05:57   #181
Zylka
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesApolytoners Hall of Fame
King

Local Time: 15:13
Local Date: November 2, 2010
General Alonso’s message to the emergency Senatorial Crown meeting in Nueva Madrid; some 5 days after Marsella falls to Roman flash invasion
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	letter.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	158.4 KB
ID:	69446  
Zylka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9, 2004, 17:24   #182
Zylka
King

The meeting opens in reading of General Alonso’s message; and after a slight pause – begins volleyed talk

[…]

..on top of which; regarding our ancient alliance with Gaul - it is of definite recommendation seen in the letter that we attack broadly, not just concerned with immediately regaining lost territory of both our sides. I would first say that we plan an immediate production based on invading the areas of

Portugalleen senator interrupts: Listen you – this is what matters most. What do you care right now of our actual SPANISH province about to be taken by these filthy foreigners? The eastern strip is a poor region, even more so than anything Portugalleen or even Afrikans. How do you think people in this area will respond, having been left in the cold to the Roman rifle? Do you REALLY think “we’ll get to you later” will go over well with these already neglected mainland people?!

Gibraltar Node senator quickly adds: and with respect to my neighbors message rather than tone; I must agree that it is precarious to not put near full effort in defending the strip. What won’t go over well in poverty stricken Cordoba & Oviedo is to wait for frontline reinforcement, but instead receive word of barricading in/around Puerto Seville to cut “immediate” losses. The approaching Roman fascism would be infectious atmosphere to win hearts and minds of people in such area who have already been struggling with the foul end of our mercantile Democracy…

Spanish Core head senator (and most influential of the now 14 elected members) speaks: Dually noted, senators But when it is my own regions’ production meant to drive the absolute majority of the war effort – you must take into understanding that our support forecasts do not leave immediate room for a full out campaign in the area. My thanks for further understanding of how grim things must seem for the people out east.. but I’m sure some form of post war retribution can be found in infrastructure purchase for the area.

Overseeing Crown representative: Would the Core senators please outline for the crown and the committee their regions’ current standing and plan of productive action.

Spanish Core secondary senator takes visual cue from head senator and begins: of course, your honor. Our estimated share of Spain’s current population of 15million is at 65%; with baseline war production somewhere nearer to %35 within the Saragossa to Puerto Seville industrial strip. I would ask a 90% allocation of future Crown funds during wartime to the 6 largest cities of the core - leaving ciudad Pequeño and Oro to baseline effort.

Immediate purchase of such allocation would be to finish factory complexes in the capital and Saragossa. A quick, central command navy is to be constructed at maximum speed out of Puerto Seville, and to a lesser extent Barcelona. If General Alonso can indeed follow through with providing us stolen learning of Roman military; the ground assault production will shortly follow, with intermittent barracks establishment in the 6 city core. Nueva Madrid will be soon producing a veteran Cavalry division itself at an on/off purchase average of (1.5 turns)

Afrikans senator speaks: Much confidence in your outline, sair, though I must ask of overaill social situation on your mainland to support the dispatching of such a generously progressing force. Are your 13 million mainlanders to be directly affected by the Wair ready to support the relevant sacrifices?

Core tertiary senator now responds: The social situation has indirectly turned in great favor for us after recently granting the women’s vote.. with extremist women’s groups commanding quite the significant divide amongst role calling citizenry – there’s almost an air of “let the reckless boys go to their war” being propagated amongst the more politically active. It comes surprisingly in our favor, and I recommend a stick to a Democratic war machine rather than any considered Republican set back to “cope”. We can handle it.

Caspian settlement appointed military Corporal: so long as those rags continue thinking they’re actually challenging a male administration for Spain.

*Committee erupts in proper laughter.. follows with a quick, hearty applause*

Crown representative: ok then Corporal, well said indeed... and back on our business, honestly gentleman. I take it all said we are the least war prepared nation on earth; yet the most war able with any common sense effort. As for our diplomatic situation: who we might expect involved worldwide – what say you?

Afrikans senator: Your honor – I must outline that in all historical context, only Carthage and surprisingly Babylon remain traditional defenders. This is besides ourselves, of course. I know not of Babylonian regard for this situation: as I understand letter has been dispatched by the core asking for their possible contribution of Ibizan destroyers to quell any surprise disturbance in our Western Mediterranean.

Carthage is a set story – a nation of integrity I feel you can trust. They feel indebted to our modest contributions a century or so ago in their received Greek invasion, so I say keep on all generous negotiating terms with them during the conflict, and perhaps beyond.

Caspian Corporal: Greece is on good terms with us, your honor. I plan to further sweeten their pot to keep it that way.

Crown representative: And as for Gaul? Egypt? even Rome?

Spanish Core head senator: Sir, Egypt realistically remains the possible snake. I have been approached by them regarding some sort of wheeling deal regarding influence within Roman invasion plans, but have no current outlook on whatever that babble might realistically mean. We stand at silent peace with them, of course. Their expected reaction is as always, up in the air.

I have dwindling faith with the ability of Gaul, on sadder note. Interim leader after runaway General – our brothers are not close to stable on the foreign level. Immediate gifting of our expected technologies to them may stem some level of Roman invasion – but for now it looks a grim situation up until the outskirts of Orleans. That I promise you our general will NOT let fall.

Rome herself is incredibly capable - a war machine currently unparalleled. They will not broker for peace while momentum and gain is theirs. This is near definitely to be our long haul.

Crown representative: So be it. On with matters then, the issue of

[…]
Old April 10, 2004, 22:42   #183
deity
DiploGamesCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 03:13
Local Date: November 3, 2010
For the record...
AD 1420

Carts back up to 16 cities after return of Cartenna by the Greeks.

However the two other Greek captured Cart cities are now in Egyptian hands...
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	euro_pg_session8.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	69542  
deity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17, 2004, 00:55   #184
Zylka
King

In absense after absence of a neglectful Gallic government not even committed to her own defense - Spain offers a tense cease fire with Rome and in absolute fickleness turns on her once worshipped, now deemed irresponsible "Ally"

With the greater populace's seering remembrance of the sneak attack which claimed a handful of Spanish lives - the Crown still insists on reacting "rationally" in accordance to an apparently precarious real world situation

A first draft treaty regarding such has been sent to Roma for immediate revision:

Spain requests:

-Immediate ceasure of all hostilities against both Spain and Gaul
-The signing of a 40 year cease fire with Gaul
-Return of Marsella to Spanish hands within 20 years
-Immediate handover of Tactics & Conscription to Spain
-Weaponry handover of 3 (three) Cavalry division to Spanish hands within 20 years
-Weaponry handover of 1 (one) Ironclad to Spanish hands immediately. This vessel will be ceremoniously sunk to account for the loss of the RS Puerto Seville off of Sardinia in the sneak attack

Offers:

-The signing of a 200 year cease fire with Spain
-Immediate & lasting recognition of Rome's holding the Germania -> Ravenna strip

Upon successful completion of such agreed terms - Spain can assure a definite and lasting peace after the probationary 200 year cease fire has ended. After the proposed 40 year Gallic cease fire has ended, however - Spain will officially cancel her alliance with Gaul, should a suitable and lasting government for themselves not by then be formed.

At such a point - Spain will no longer have any defense obligation to self-stricken Gaul. Spain will not endorse any renewed Roman hostilities against the blue nation henceforth; but will keep cease fire or any possible peace with Rome should they stay limited in combat/advancement to a north->south border of the following cities (and their eastern outskirts):

Rouen->Paris->Besancon->Lyon->Monaco

We hope to hear of your agreements or additions shortly.
Old July 18, 2004, 22:45   #185
Dylan Baker
DiploGamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Warlord

President Grottencrotch emerges from a six month bath, looks around, shrugs, and hops back in the tub.
Dylan Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19, 2004, 02:54   #186
deity
DiploGamesCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 03:13
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Ready and waiting for the return of the great Makeozacoatl!
deity is offline   Reply With Quote