Old December 30, 2003, 11:16   #1
Heresson
Scenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 17:21
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Strange dreams
Well, I didn't want to threadjuck the thing about lucid dreaming, so I'm making my own thread.
It is about strange stories You've dreamed about.

Some mine;
-I was in my home, and there was a mass murder thing going around, killing my neighbours. Eventually I realised that this murderer is me and I didn't know whether I should run away, kill myself all give myself in to the police.
Fortunatelly I woke up before I could dream something even more unpleasant.

-I was walking near a little stadium in my city, and some guy guided me and someone other to a forest that doesn't lie there at all. In the forest, we were observed by hungreds and hungreds of black cats, who followed us. Eventually we got to a sort of a cottage; inside, the cats started attacking us. Lots lots of black cats jumping at us. But somehow we finally won and of the mountain of black cats, three old women loomed out. The cats disappeared. They (the three women) weren't talking to us, and were ashamed. Perhaps because they attacked us, or perhapsbecause they failed killing us. They had a lot of riches, and in fact I liked it so much (there were golden sabres and stuff) that I wanted to take some as we walked out, but the women seemed sad about it, so I put it back in place and as we walked out, we got to a road that lead us back to my city.

--It was in my city. Some sort of plague started, people were dieing all around, and trying to escape the city.
I was also there and headed north with the crowd, but as I walked by the road in the forest, an car -an ambulance or whatever- stopped me and they forced me to help them putting the corpses in. I didn't have any appropriate dress for that and I knew I was infected by it and I will die anyway, so i just headed back to the city and walked through the main streat, empty of people but corpses.
You'd have to knew the topography of my city. The main streat is a very nice one, it has a lot of old nice buildings by it, a lot of shops and stuff, and in the middle of it, a stinking river flows. I got to that point, and there was something strange, I can not explain it, but there was no city on the other shore, and no bridge, just a rural area

-It was in the future it seems, humans were living - as in sf films - under glass bubbles, entire Earth covered with them. They used nuclear power, and there was some sort of accident and all this system started falling apart. There were masses of people trying to escape, with their things and animals on the road. I knew that this is hopeless, but as I had hardly anything better to do, I accompanied some farmer family. Eventually the Earth was destroyed.

-it was my future. All the people around me died and I was alone, living under some bridge in a tent of paper and trash. In the end, skin-heads came and killed me with baseball sticks.
Old December 30, 2003, 11:37   #2
Starchild
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 16:21
Location: a raving alcoholic drama queen with a penchant for the biosciences
Most recent odd dream:

I'm sitting in the economy section of an aeroplane. As you do. Just a simple, normal flight, probably with British Airways, going from one point to the next. I settle in for the long haul and see if I can order a glass of wine.

At which point the pilot announces he's engaged the anti-missile system.

I look out my window and there's the white trail of a shoulder-to-air missile heading directly for me. Not the plane, MY WINDOW. Like instant death. Honestly, I was about to become the airborne version of a protesting Viet Namese monk. Or a Rage Against the Machine album cover. Whatever reference you prefer.

So dream-Me prays. I dream-pray myself telling God that if He spares this plane, I'd be the best believer ever seen. Damascus conversion at 3000 feet type promise.

And yay, the missile is deterred!

Then a second one comes up. The pilot is talking us through the steps of targetting, launching the decoys, the anti-missile missile (missle? argh. spelling ability collapsing...). Talking in that monotone "I've done this thousands of times folks, just sit back and watch the nice Jim Carrey film" voice.

And lo and behold, the second one is stopped! At which point, my dream perspective pans outside the plane, showing a modern jet flying through a jungle valley and the pilot comes on for one last announcement:

"Thank you for Flying Sierra Leone Airways."

Now my question is, since I prayed in my dream, does that count as actually praying? Do I owe God for saving dream-Me?
Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
-Richard Dawkins
Old December 30, 2003, 11:41   #3
Heresson
Emperor

Of course yes!
Old December 30, 2003, 11:42   #4
Starchild
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Location: a raving alcoholic drama queen with a penchant for the biosciences
Shazbuck. Can't dream-Me be religious and let awake-Me carrying on being a heretic?
Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
-Richard Dawkins
Old December 30, 2003, 11:57   #5
Heresson
Emperor

That's practical
Old December 30, 2003, 12:03   #6
Cruddy
Warlord

My all time all weird dreaming sessions happened some years ago.

I'd decided to go picking wild mushrooms around Wales, taking a couple of weeks off with a back pack and a tent.

Little did I realise that psilocybin can be ingested through the skin... I can't remember many details now, all I can remember is that they were Technicolour and Panamax compared to my regular dreams. It was like being a clown in a big top, with many, many friends and relations all being part of the big show.

Sadly the picking was not very good - I went a bit early and the autumn rains had not kicked in.
"The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84
Old December 30, 2003, 19:28   #7
Verres
Settler

Local Time: 15:21
The flying talking fruit are a common dream of mine, but they're usually pretty friendly. Had a few horrible ones when i was younger in which my mum was a mass murderer. My dreams are fun
Old December 30, 2003, 19:32   #8
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

I think it all started when I lost my dressing gown. I had been in bed early, as in fact I was at the time of the dream, and I had got up - I dreamt - to spend some time on the computer before returning to bed for the night. But I didn't have a dressing gown. Ever inventive, I found an old blouse and cardigan or something in a pale blue that fitted me like a dress or robe of some sort. NB: This item of clothing did not fit the description of anything in either my mother's or my sister's wardrobe.
So then I went downstairs and went on the computer I assume because the next thing I remember is my sister coming downstairs, commenting on my attire and going away again. I went onto the internet and began talking to my friends. Now somehow in the course of this, I found myself in London. Maybe I was visiting a friend who lives there. But as I was crossing Russell Square, I noticed that coming towards me was a pair of shouting clowns and a cameraman. They were making a TV show, and I was in-shot. Luckily, I was dressed in my blouse still and now I think wearing some comedy Christmas antlers, so I looked like a clown also, and they must have mistook me for an extra, because our paths crossed quite without comment. So then I went and wandered around the set. There was a big crane. There was the three main stars of the show (clowns) with names like Transformers or something "Meglomaniac" is the only one I remember. I know this because his name was on the side of his dressing room. Which was a bale of hay in the back of a flat-back lorry. There was lots of extras and fans around, standing behind the barriers. I got the impression it was quite a popular show though I'd never seen it before. After some more wandering around, the edges of Russell Square was turning into a muddy mess not dissimilar to the test-track they used on Scrapheap Challenge to test their tanks. I think it was about this point I realised I was dreaming and that it was quite interesting, but featured clowns, and I decided to wake up before the clowns got scary...

The only other one I remember involved something about staying over at Sir Penguin's house, and there were pajamas involved. I don't remember the details, mercifully. I really hope he has a sister.
Old December 30, 2003, 19:39   #9
Ecthy
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameSpanish Civers
Emperor

well IW, I'd think all of that really happened, it just seems like a dream to you because you were sleepstalking
Old December 30, 2003, 19:54   #10
Whaleboy
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessMac
Prince

Quote:
The flying talking fruit are a common dream of mine, but they're usually pretty friendly. Had a few horrible ones when i was younger in which my mum was a mass murderer. My dreams are fun
Taken into consideration with B3, and the peeled cucumber, I am beginning to get concerned...
Old December 30, 2003, 19:56   #11
Ecthy
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameSpanish Civers
Emperor

so how did you get your enemy's sister to let you bonk her?
Old December 30, 2003, 23:08   #12
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Quote:
Originally posted by Whaleboy
Taken into consideration with B3, and the peeled cucumber, I am beginning to get concerned...
Dare I ask, what?

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old December 31, 2003, 00:36   #13
Whoha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Morgan
Emperor

Local Time: 10:21
You were eating something before you went to bed at 1:00am, don't do that any more.
Old December 31, 2003, 02:38   #14
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Local Time: 10:21
I love it when I dream scenes from "H.R Geiger" kinds.

Before I lucidate I usually dream up something that is impossible in real life... and even to comprehend. Talking fruit is unreal, but its something you can comprehend. When you look at a picture and it looks both blue and red to you and it makes perfect sense, thats hard to visualize in real life. Number reprsenting both 7 and 4? (and no its not constantly changing from 7 to 4, its kinda both at the same time.... like one of those freaky quantum physics examples).
Old December 31, 2003, 02:44   #15
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 00:21
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Mine: I'm sitting in my living room watching my football team win the FA Cup, wearing my "Leafs 04" Stanley Cup souvenir T-Shirt.

Then Cameron Diaz walks in and starts singing "Do that to me one more time." So I do.

It goes south from there.