Old December 30, 2003, 13:49   #1
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 01:22
Local Date: November 3, 2010
2151 - The Very Beginning
Luck has it, I seem to be the first one with the turn.
So I'll go about opening it and seeing what's going on.

We have something that I can say is, "not good"
PEACE have performed a reload once.
CyCon have declared vendetta, and are offering a pact.
Acting on the current will of The Hive, Pact has been accepted in preparation for a war against the PEACE.
The Drones have a trade window. I have sent them:
Doc: Mob
BioGen
EcoEng
In preparation for a PUT probing.
In other news Buster is now the planetary governor.

Mindworms landed at 30.20, despatched with Hive Scout Patrol.
Two laser Skimships belonging to Angels spotted off New Moscow.
More are expected to be on the way.

Drone unity foil is not adequately in place to initiate transport relay scheme!
I sure hope Buster knows what he's doing with the uni probe...

I have infiltration on all human factions, and am proceeding to make maps.
Old December 30, 2003, 13:59   #2
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Something has just ocurred to me
I don't have the base co-ords for all the bases on chiron
>_<
Somebody remind me where they are...
Prolly put it in the Covert Ops thread?
Old December 30, 2003, 14:25   #3
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Okay... I've done a bit of searching.
Copying a bit from online and also snooping around...
Pirates founded a new base, Athena Anchorage, but it has been taken over immediately by the CyCon.
The CyCon have managed to take Mythical Matrix back from the believers.

I don't know about the Angels or the Believers...
But armed with this information I can make some maps.
Old December 30, 2003, 16:04   #4
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 09:22
Local Date: November 2, 2010
http://www.civgaming.net/forums/show...&threadid=4238

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 30, 2003, 17:47   #5
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 15:22
The CyCon have informed me that either we pact with them, or declare war. Its all or nothing.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old December 30, 2003, 18:02   #6
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 08:22
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
The CyCon have informed me that either we pact with them, or declare war. Its all or nothing.

-Jam
We either pact with them or they declare war on us? Good one.
Old December 30, 2003, 18:21   #7
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Simply they mean that if we don't join them against the Pirates, then we become an enemy too.

-Jam
Old December 30, 2003, 18:56   #8
Mead
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 MorganAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 10:22
Quote:
Simply they mean that if we don't join them against the Pirates, then we become an enemy too.

-Jam

What are the Pirates offering if we side with them?

Are the Cycon offering us anything if we join them? (other than becoming our enemy if we do not join them)

What are the Drones going to do to us whatever we do?

My situation awareness is not to good in this game, but the back of my neck is tingling. How prepared are we to take what we want from the Drones if they do not honor their commitments and give them to us.

If we do side with the Pirates they should give us a few good bases that they can protect until we are able to, build in place and deploy to them, decent military units that we can use to help defend those bases and the rest of their empire. By decent, I mean after we obtain Syn Fossil Fuels from the Drones, by trade as promised, or by Probe if they cheat us.

This may mean that the Pirates will have to trust us, but I do not think they have much of a choice.

Now, I do not mind siding with the Pirates. In fact I had not much considered it until the CyCon gave us that ultimatum. Friends don't do that to friends.

Mead
Old December 30, 2003, 19:19   #9
Jamski
Deity

The CyCon don't want us to be pacted with thier ach-enemies, the Pirates. What do you expect them to do. We are pacted to thier enemies, they need us to show where our loyalties lie.

-Jam
Old December 30, 2003, 19:27   #10
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

PEACE has done no wrong against us, they have lived up to their end of the non-aggression pact perfectly, I see no reason why we should break it. Furthermore we have had a non-aggression pact with PEACE longer than we have had good relations with the CyCon. We should not be so hasty to act.
Old December 30, 2003, 19:32   #11
Jamski
Deity

I agree PEACE have done us no wrong, but they have cheated the CyCon. The CyCon are surely the more sympathetic party.

-Jam
Old December 30, 2003, 19:34   #12
Voltaire
King

Quote:
I agree PEACE have done us no wrong, but they have cheated the CyCon. The CyCon are surely the more sympathetic party.

-Jam
Surely more sympathetic? The faction that attempts to bully us onto their side?
Old December 30, 2003, 19:45   #13
Jamski
Deity

It is possible that it was just a mistake. Recent PMs indicate some confusuion in the CyCon.

-Jam
Old December 30, 2003, 19:57   #14
Voltaire
King

Quote:
It is possible that it was just a mistake. Recent PMs indicate some confusuion in the CyCon.

-Jam
Confusion within the CyCon? The right hand does not know what the left hand's doing? Well we surely cannot ally ourselves with an incompetent faction like that.
Old December 30, 2003, 20:01   #15
Jamski
Deity

Not like the good old Hive, eh? Where everyone knows exactly what's going on...

-Jam
Old December 30, 2003, 20:02   #16
Voltaire
King

Everyone who's anyone knows exactly what's going on. But hey, we have unitary decisions.
Old December 30, 2003, 20:08   #17
Jamski
Deity

Once again I am told that I am a noone.

Why do you think people like FrankyChan leave the Hive? They leave because they are not involved. Because noone asks them, because all the desisions are done in secret. And then Kody complains that noone is doing anything.

-Jam
Old December 30, 2003, 20:26   #18
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Q: What are the Pirates offering if we side with them?
A: nothing yet

Q: Are the Cycon offering us anything if we join them? (other than becoming our enemy if we do not join them)
A: A pact of friendship

Q: What are the Drones going to do to us whatever we do?
A: Drones will do nothing in relations to the peace and cycon yet.

Q: My situation awareness is not to good in this game, but the back of my neck is tingling. How prepared are we to take what we want from the Drones if they do not honor their commitments and give them to us.
A: Depends on what they hold back on. If they hold back on armor alarm bells will be ringing. If it's something else not as critical then we'll give them another chance. So far the drones have helped out where ever they can, and have always gone through every plan they've agreed to.

Q: If we do side with the Pirates they should give us a few good bases that they can protect until we are able to, build in place and deploy to them, decent military units that we can use to help defend those bases and the rest of their empire. By decent, I mean after we obtain Syn Fossil Fuels from the Drones, by trade as promised, or by Probe if they cheat us.
A: Hasn't been decided yet.

Q: This may mean that the Pirates will have to trust us, but I do not think they have much of a choice.
A: They may decide not to.

Q: Now, I do not mind siding with the Pirates. In fact I had not much considered it until the CyCon gave us that ultimatum. Friends don't do that to friends.
A: agreed, the issue is getting cleared up by voltiare and Jamski right now.
Old December 30, 2003, 20:29   #19
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Quote:
Once again I am told that I am a noone.

Why do you think people like FrankyChan leave the Hive? They leave because they are not involved. Because noone asks them, because all the desisions are done in secret. And then Kody complains that noone is doing anything.

-Jam
The information is there, it's just that that you need to either look for it within all the spam (like enigma does), or ask for it (like mead does).
Old January 1, 2004, 12:09   #20
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

spam spam spam spam spam spam
spam maps spam spam spam spam

See if you can find the useful item in that 6 * 6 wordgrid.