View Poll Results: Is this too much ecodamage?
OMFG YES! You should be shot. 16 40.00%
This is the perfect amount of ecodamage, you are a green god, Jamski. 9 22.50%
Pathetic. My industrial might makes your tiny ecodamage shrivel, Jamski. 13 32.50%
Banana related option. 2 5.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 8, 2004, 09:52   #31
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 02:32
Local Date: November 3, 2010
I like massive production without the associated ecodamage though.
Old April 8, 2004, 11:23   #32
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 15:32
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Besides Genejack, which is horrible to me, did you use punishment, or Drone-riot elimination project whose name I can't remember?
I have all those talents because I have a stack of Transcendi, and am running 30% Psych.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old April 8, 2004, 11:31   #33
Dansz
Chieftain

If 100 ecodamage is a 100% chance of a fungal pop, what's 549 ecodamage? 5 pops each turn and a 49% chance of a 6th one? And how big an army do you need to get rid of all the mindworms?
Old April 8, 2004, 12:43   #34
Ouro_827
Civilization III PBEMAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human Hive
Prince

Local Time: 06:32
What do you use for your screenshots? I got over 300 last night, without satellites, but none of my screenshots would come out right...
Old April 8, 2004, 13:05   #35
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Quote:
If 100 ecodamage is a 100% chance of a fungal pop, what's 549 ecodamage? 5 pops each turn and a 49% chance of a 6th one? And how big an army do you need to get rid of all the mindworms?
Its still only 1 *pop* per turn, but that's EVERY turn. As for the worms, you can deal with them with Empath Artillery and/or SAM Empath Artillery, then one elite Empath unit kills the whole stack, taking maybe minimal damage. So you need 3/4 units, and they bring at least 100 ec/turn extra

Quote:
What do you use for your screenshots? I got over 300 last night, without satellites, but none of my screenshots would come out right...
Press "print screen" on your keyboard, Alt-Tab into MS-Paint and press Ctrl-V to paste. Save as a BMP, then open it in Photoshop and convert to a JPG to post here on 'poly.

-Jam
Old April 8, 2004, 16:26   #36
Ouro_827
Civilization III PBEMAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human Hive
Prince

It comes out looking all black, with just the base name and maybe a couple other things showing... will try though...
Old April 8, 2004, 19:26   #37
Jamski
Deity

You'll probably need to makes sure you're using a better colour depth than SMAC uses on your desktop, too

-Jam
Old April 8, 2004, 20:09   #38
Ouro_827
Prince

I usually use 24 bit, with either 800x600 or 1024x768 on a Raedon 9700 Pro.... I think its that I'm running too good...
Old May 5, 2004, 17:31   #39
Nakar Gabab
ACDG The Human Hive
Warlord

Local Time: 10:32
So, what's the highest ENERGY any of you have gotten out of a single base? Maybe some sorta Uranium/Pholus thing with ME and FM and Morgan with Boreholes everywhere or something, crawling in from an energy park and trawlers and... well, anyway, I'm curious. I did once fill an entire ocean with trawlers and got a sea base up to +150ish energy, but it was kind of a waste because I had all the science stuff in another base... and was playing the Hive.
Old May 5, 2004, 18:11   #40
gwillybj
Prince

Local Time: 11:32
Location: Eurytion Mining Camp: 100°C dayside, 100°F nightside.
There is no such thing as too much ecodamage. Just keep in mind this line by Bill Cosby: "How long can you tread water?"
Old May 5, 2004, 20:17   #41
Adalbertus
Prince

Local Time: 16:32
There is a clear-cut limit to ecodamage.
As soon as sea level starts rising, there is too much ecodamage.

Of course, this limit depends on the pace of the game. But this just adds to fun.