Old January 4, 2004, 11:25   #1
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 08:34
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Tec Cost and avalibility
Dose anyone know the formula by which the game calculates the number of lab points each successive tecnology will cost. I would asume their is a component for the Map size and then each additonal tec you have multiplies the cost by some %.

Also I heave heard this is a program out their that can predict what your avalible tec options will be given any set of currently known tecs. I belive Minute Mirage made it, can anyone provide a link.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old January 4, 2004, 13:43   #2
starfish
Settler

Local Time: 16:34
This is the thread for Mirage's spreadsheet - I don't know anything about the first part of your question I'm afraid.

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=96606
Old January 4, 2004, 16:10   #3
Petek
lifer
Prince

Here's a link to a thread from a couple of months ago in which tech costs were discussed:

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...ight=tech+cost
Old January 5, 2004, 15:02   #4
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Thanks for the help guys, I downloaded the Spread sheet and am finding it very handy. The Equasions I will need to experiment with a bit to see if their any use to me.

Particularly the bonus reduction to tec cost (beyond getting thier output multipled) for a Reserch oriented faction is puzzling. Along with the Map size modifier, is it based on the same Sqare Root of map tiles function that controls Buracracy Drones?
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche