Old March 4, 2004, 22:59   #421
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 11:36
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Hey Paddy....I'm thinking Martini, not beer... you?
Old March 4, 2004, 23:02   #422
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 00:36
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Ahh Lord Gunner... Martini's are good stuff,

myself, a large jug of cold draught beer would be great thanks
Old March 4, 2004, 23:02   #423
Lonestar
inmate
King

Samurais are wussies.
Old March 4, 2004, 23:13   #424
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Shogun Gunner, thanks for the party over on the 2nd Coalition thread, very kind of you.

I loaded some options on the thread.

Did you see Wittlich's reply.

Lonestar, watch out for his Shuriken...
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	lonestar, watch out for his shuriken.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	66253  
Old March 4, 2004, 23:22   #425
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

I agree. I'm a ninja, not a samuari, so I agree with you.

Wasn't "Lonestar" from the movie "Spaceballs"????
Old March 4, 2004, 23:23   #426
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

Very cool shuriken, Paddy. I had to get rid of my collection when the little ones started arriving....
Old March 4, 2004, 23:26   #427
Paddy
Prince

They seek him here

They seek himthere

They can't find him...

Why....

He be NINJA
Old March 4, 2004, 23:26   #428
Lonestar
inmate
King

Yes, yes it was.
Old March 4, 2004, 23:27   #429
Lonestar
inmate
King

Ninja are wussies too. Give me a Desert Eagle and some NVGs, and we'll see how badass they are.
Old March 4, 2004, 23:30   #430
Paddy
Prince

Have you ever seen a NINJA?
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	ninja.gif
Views:	33
Size:	4.1 KB
ID:	66254  
Old March 4, 2004, 23:32   #431
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

*POOF Shogun appears from a cloud of smoke behind Lonestar*

*holds blade against Lonestar's cat-like neck*

*whispers a threat about withholding catnip and meow mix from Lonestar*

*POOF Shogun disappears in a cloud of smoke*
Old March 4, 2004, 23:34   #432
Paddy
Prince

The ninja sword (ninja-to) was different than that of the samurai. The long sword that the samurai carried was made of high-carbon steel, and took months to have made. They were hand made specially for each samurai, taking great care to make a very high quality sword. It was so sharp that it could easily cut a man in two, even through their armor. The length of the samurai swords averaged around 26 1/2 to 37 inches.

The ninja sword was considerably shorter, only 24 inches, and the quality of the swords was much poorer. The reason for the poorer quality was the way they used the sword as opposed to the way the samurai used theirs. Samurai would swing their sword, severing limbs and slashing at the opponent. Ninja, on the other hand, used the sword more in a stabbing motion. To use the blade of the ninja sword effectively you would have to use a sawing motion when the blade came in contact with the opponents flesh.

Another reason for the poor quality of the swords is that since ninja were mostly mountain people and outlaws, they could not afford to hire expert sword smiths like the samurai could. Also their own sword smiths did not have access to the right resources to be able to make curved edge swords with well constructed blades. If a Ninja could overcome a samurai he would take his swords, simply because they are better.

Although the ninja sword was smaller and poorer quality, it still had its advantages. The scabbard for instance was made longer than the sword, about 3 to 4 inches longer. At the end of the scabbard there was a hidden compartment that was used to hide small weapons such as spikes, daggers or small amounts of poisons. Another use the sword had was that it could act as a small step by jamming the blade into the ground, the ninja could use the hand-guard as a step to get that extra height needed to scale a wall. Because the blade was not very sharp, the ninja could also use it as a hammer by holding onto the blade (carefully) and hitting with the handle. Also it was common to have the tip of the scabbard come off so it could be used as a snorkel.

Another reason for using the Ninja sword was so that the ninja would be ale to weild it within small corridors on various missions. - Grandmaster Dogg
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	ninja swords.gif
Views:	32
Size:	3.7 KB
ID:	66255  
Old March 4, 2004, 23:35   #433
Lonestar
inmate
King

Yes, yes I have. But the only cool Ninja is a dead Ninja.

Or Elektra

Old March 4, 2004, 23:37   #434
Paddy
Prince

ouch, she is my queen... I am unworthy

need more beer ............................

ahhh Electra
Old March 4, 2004, 23:44   #435
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

She's the one guilty of killing her husband with 193 stab wounds!!!!!
Old March 4, 2004, 23:46   #436
Lonestar
inmate
King

Unlikely. Her only boyfriend was Daredevil, and he'd have seen it coming a mile away.

(I'm so funny.)
Old March 4, 2004, 23:47   #437
Paddy
Prince

You crack me up so much I'm going to the pub for some lunch
Old March 4, 2004, 23:52   #438
Lonestar
inmate
King

"If it isn't Scottish, it's Crrraaaap. But it can be Scottish and still be Crap."
Old March 4, 2004, 23:52   #439
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

Would that be a "liquid lunch" Paddy?
Old March 5, 2004, 00:39   #440
Paddy
Prince

Thanks Lonestar... me have no idea what you are really talking about, but thanks anyway...

Yep a couple of schooners and a burger,,, t'was great
Old March 5, 2004, 02:34   #441
MrFun
Emperor

Local Time: 10:36
As long as samurais and ninjas have no problems with raccoons, I won't have any problems with them.
Old March 5, 2004, 02:42   #442
Paddy
Prince

I'm sure you're safe... who ever heard of Raccoon on a stick being served in the Japanese hills... hmmm

Probably would be a good idea to lay in a good supply of Saki and the ingredients for Martini's though
Old March 5, 2004, 02:42   #443
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

They have no problem with killing them if that's what you mean.
Blackwidow24 and FemmeAdonis fan club
Old March 5, 2004, 02:46   #444
Paddy
Prince

Oh, here I was thinking he meant as a meal....

them being a stable meal source in the American hills for sometime now
Old March 5, 2004, 02:57   #445
MrFun
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by DinoDoc
They have no problem with killing them if that's what you mean.
Old March 5, 2004, 03:02   #446
DinoDoc
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonestar
Yes, yes I have. But the only cool Ninja is a dead Ninja.

Or Elektra

I like this one better:

Old March 5, 2004, 03:03   #447
DinoDoc
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by MrFun

Buck up. Just don't make them mad and you'll be fine.
Old March 5, 2004, 03:12   #448
Paddy
Prince

yeah its a sad day when people want to kill Raccoons...

hey what was Daniel Boons hat made of???
Old March 5, 2004, 06:36   #449
Paddy
Prince

Hey any Vikings in here...

Come and vote on our latest decision
Old March 5, 2004, 09:08   #450
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

Hmmm...Daniel Boones hat was raccoon I believe. Sorry Mr. Fun...I guess you view him as a war criminal now.

Ninjas and Samuari's don't hurt raccoons.