Old January 6, 2004, 12:19   #1
Bella Hella
Prince

Local Time: 10:41
Local Date: November 2, 2010
does AI yang ALWAYS start in the jungle...
or is it just me? seems like every time i fire up a game, he's there. geez. anyone else notice this? not that i mind a challenge, but it's getting a little ridiculous.
Old January 6, 2004, 13:08   #2
Darsnan
supporter
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPolyCast TeamSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 11:41
Hello Bella Hella,

long time no hear! Don't know if you remember me or not, but I took over your ASPK, ASPK2, and MABB games back in December of 2001 (and MABB is still chugging along! ).
As far as Yang starting in the jungle: what are the game parameters that you are setting up? Is it a large or small map, high rainfall, etc. ? Although I'm not positive, why I think this may have something to do with where the AI starts out. I also know that if you select a pre-built map, that it seems like the governing algorhythm for the game will start the same faction out in essentially the same part of the planet every time (at least from my experience). Regardless, I do seem to find Yang in the jungle quite a bit: makes him a rather potent adversary, especially if my Faction lands nearby!

D
Old January 6, 2004, 13:38   #3
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 15:41
I always seem to see Mim in the jungle. And Morgan is ALWAYS by Mount Planet.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old January 6, 2004, 13:38   #4
Bella Hella
Prince

hey! eek! you know, i still feel bad about bailing on those games. my computer situation was bad then; what can i say. but i'm back and re-addicted to SMAX (i may try to get in on another MP game soon).

i'm mostly playing customized standard-size maps, average everything. i switch things up sometimes, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. he's just almost always there!

do any of the other factions often start in a specific place? i thought it was totally random...
Old January 6, 2004, 13:41   #5
Lazerus
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStates
King

Local Time: 16:41
Its either Yang or Mim AI that get the jungle alot i've noticed, however playing SP or MP alot as Yang i can't say that ive had the jungle anymore then the next player.
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.
Old January 6, 2004, 17:55   #6
Blake
lifer
PolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG Gathering StormCivilization IV CreatorsApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of Fame
Beyond the Sword AI Programmer

Local Time: 04:41
Local Date: November 3, 2010
It's random who gets the jungle . Some factions are just deadlier there, well, all of them are, except prehaps Morgan, but Jungle-Dee and Lal are the ones that annoy me most because they go and win the planetary govoner vote. (Dee likes to get the empath guild)
Old January 6, 2004, 18:27   #7
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 09:41
The short answer is NO

I have seen almost every faction start in the jungle at different times.

Could apparent tendencies be seen if people used the same factional order all the time-- I've never understood how the game chooses landing sites but I am thinking that order of the choice may be a factor sometimes
Old January 6, 2004, 18:27   #8
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

double post

Last edited by Flubber; January 6, 2004 at 19:08.
Old January 6, 2004, 18:27   #9
Flubber
Deity

triple post

Last edited by Flubber; January 6, 2004 at 19:07.
Old January 7, 2004, 04:36   #10
The Mad Monk
Emperor

With the huge random worlds I play, I've yet to see anyone actually have their start in the Jungle.

Sometimes, the game's effectively over before anybody can even find it.
"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.