Old January 7, 2004, 22:35   #31
da_hal
Warlord

Local Time: 15:42
Local Date: November 2, 2010
in this scenario, i'd say spawn guarding is much more important. in your example, rather than having 1 player per spawn point, have 3 players guarding 1, then have the other 5 go for the flag. to defend their flag, the other team would have to use 5+, leaving only 3 for spawn fragging, which is not enough.
Old January 7, 2004, 23:40   #32
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Local Time: 10:42
mot fpses have anti spawn camping measures. If you can beat that its fair. Like I mentioned in TF, TF had one of the finest FPS gamer community. And they never questioned the spawn camper but the dumb n00b that would give chance for good players to infiltrate thru normally zones that cant be entered by enemies and spam the area and flush out everyone...

In deathmatch, you cant complain about spawn camping cause camper is still in danger. (There's no enemy front in DM)

In team game, if your defensive line gets pushed that badly or if you cant handle one guy that succesfully infiltrated... your team sucks.

Either way, its not a matter of them being cheap, but them using good strat and you sucking.... unless its a hardware problem. But that's not their problem.
Old January 8, 2004, 04:39   #33
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 23:42
One cheap play I know of is in ADOM. There's this one cave in ADOM where the game generates an infinite number of critters. If you are properly equipped you can keep killing for an infinite amount of XP, or alternatively, pick their pockets for powerful artifacts.
Old January 8, 2004, 06:02   #34
BustaMike
The Courts of Candle'Bre
King

Local Time: 07:42
Location: You think you're better than me? You've been handling my ass pennies!!!
Well, I got yelled at quite a bit for being cheap while playing Halo tonight. On the Sidewinder level playing CTF with no sniping and warthogs only my friend and I repeatedly lauched up to the top of the level (basically out of the level) and walked into the top of the opponent base untouched. Cheap... yeah, but it was a lot of fun before everyone decided it isn't allowed any more.
Old January 9, 2004, 21:12   #35
da_hal
Warlord

Local Time: 15:42
i threw on ye old tourny cyberbal and thought of some more definitions (eg. so can't be considered "cheap".) local variations may occur.

evil: from the old story of selling your soul to the devil to become the best at something. in gaming, to pull something off so heinously skilled, imaginative, and thought-to-be impossible to all spectators that people will either cheer or have thier heads explode.

prayer: hail mary that works, often through no fault of your own.

jedi mind trick: fake somebody out of their shorts.

mind game: force somebody to do the opposite because you caught them the last time.

smack: verbiage used to undermine an opponent's ability.