Old February 17, 2004, 23:17   #181
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 16:42
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Ive played the least amount of games If anyone can play before 7pm gmt let me know.
Maquiladora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18, 2004, 11:52   #182
Toni
Call to Power II MultiplayerDiploGamesBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 15:42
hey Maq, i got time to start a game today, i even am free to start right now if you are ?
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18, 2004, 14:00   #183
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

Sorry, i was in bed! lol Can you tell me a day in advance that you can play before 7?
Old February 18, 2004, 14:02   #184
Toni
Call to Power II MultiplayerDiploGamesBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

Sure i will, but for now I'am not sure what days i wlll be free for such an early start.
Old February 18, 2004, 18:31   #185
Barley
Call to Power II Multiplayer
Prince

Qwimby v Barley (game 2) Barley Host – Barley Win - game time 8 hours approx.

Summary

I found myself on very good land with a nice amount of room to expand for a change, took full advantage and was up to 10, 13 then 20 cities in no time, also able to build lots of farms quickly. I posted some scouts around and got a few boats searching for Q’s empire, it was one of the last places I searched but was relatively close (I’s had a hint where he was when I saw one of his boats earlier but none of my starting coastal cities were near).

By the time I found Q id just got Feudalism and although concentrating on growth I chanced an excursion with 1 Knight & Mtd Archer, Id also noticed Q was still building cities (some nearly 20 turns after id built city no 20 so guessed his land wasn’t great). I got really lucky with that 1 knight and raised 3 of his new cities, beating even an Archer & Hoblite defence. By now I had a full defensive circle of scouts, and a pretty good navy which Q had neglected, probably in favour of expansion. I was then able to concentrate on further growth and expansion and was just building my 30th city or so (3 turns from having 35) when Q realised how far ahead I was (though must have had suspicions earlier).

Q surrenderd, and I don’t think it would have been worth going on as I was just resarching Cavlary and though Id have probably continued on Growth I was in a comanding position.

I will email the save to you Maq, can you post it for me please (oh and ive reminded Q to send the save of the other game).
Barley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18, 2004, 18:52   #186
Maquiladora
Emperor

Save from Barley v Quimby - Barley Win

Table also updated.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip barley_v_quimby240ad.zip (109.7 KB, 8 views)
Old February 19, 2004, 01:25   #187
Maquiladora
Emperor

Well Toni and I started our game, played for roughly 5hrs and to resume at a later date. We met around turn 35 i think, then we just had war, non-stop war lol First we both amassed a million Warriors, then Archers, then Hoplites. Toni was first to find my border with his troops and with a constant stream of units equal to mine, he was able to pin me down against my own border. We had a few massive 12v12 battles, then we started some kind of cold war.

We both built something like 60 Archers and 60 Hoplites each and fortified them facing each other on the edge of my border. Toni described my fortified border as the Berlin Wall No one was willing to risk an attack.

A very close game, i wont reveal anymore to not give him an advantage but its gonna be an exciting end.
Old February 19, 2004, 01:37   #188
Toni
King

This game is a clear example of TOTAL WAR, and a Militaristic Game, best said this is a heavy weight boxing match, with the 1st,2nd & 3rd round already played, so there is much to come.
Old February 19, 2004, 21:15   #189
EPW
Call to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power PBEMCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Team BananaCall To Power SuperLeagueCiv4 SP Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameSporeC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 08:42
Anyone availible to play a game around 11pm gmt tommorow?
"Many religions now come before us with ingratiating smirks and outspread hands, like an unctuous merchant in a bazaar. They offer consolation and solidarity and uplift, competing as they do in a marketplace. But we have a right to remember how barbarically they behaved when they were strong and were making an offer that people could not refuse." -Christopher Hitchens
EPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20, 2004, 19:44   #190
EPW
Call to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power PBEMCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Team BananaCall To Power SuperLeagueCiv4 SP Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameSporeC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

I'm free all day if anyone wants to play.....
"Many religions now come before us with ingratiating smirks and outspread hands, like an unctuous merchant in a bazaar. They offer consolation and solidarity and uplift, competing as they do in a marketplace. But we have a right to remember how barbarically they behaved when they were strong and were making an offer that people could not refuse." -Christopher Hitchens
Old February 21, 2004, 03:25   #191
Maquiladora
Emperor

Me and Toni finished our game, Toni won.

As expected the war continued, stopping only for mild periods of terraforming and tile imping. A critical choice was then made by both of us, which turned out to be the wrong one for me. I started to tile imp pretty late compared to Toni, alternating with maxing out my wages slider, assuming i was behind in tech (i was about 5 turns behind), while all this was happening, of course Toni was building Knights.

Eventually he decided to attack with Knights and M. Archers, i scrambled my defences of Pikemen but he took 9 of my cities eventually before i surrended. Perhaps i couldve recaptured the standing cities, but he was starving and disbanded others to use the settlers for Fascism (which was around 8 Turns away for him), so it was all over.

Good game Toni, the win was deserved, just.

Table updated in a sec.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip maq_v_toni_380ad.zip (127.4 KB, 5 views)
Old February 21, 2004, 03:57   #192
Toni
King

Indeed it was a very good game, and again a very close one, i was able to use the moment and attack Maq, who was terraforming his land, so it came up to that timing!!!! Good Game Maq i will see u soon
Old February 21, 2004, 04:42   #193
Maquiladora
Emperor

Forgot a screenie. It was all pretty much even along this front, even when it wasnt, no one was much willing to test the fortifications.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	largefront.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	157.4 KB
ID:	64898  
Old February 21, 2004, 04:44   #194
Toni
King

Oh Dear
Old February 21, 2004, 04:44   #195
Maquiladora
Emperor

Also notice the MASSIVE amounts of mountains Toni has got.... im not bitter.
Old February 21, 2004, 04:45   #196
Toni
King

Berlin Wall indeed
Old February 21, 2004, 04:52   #197
Maquiladora
Emperor

At that time you outnumbered me on Hoplites and Archers. I had 57H 36A and you had 79H 53A. Its so much fun fighting with those.
Old February 21, 2004, 05:02   #198
Toni
King

yea i was even thinking only building them and just letting them loose on you, but they wouldn't have made the damage i was looking for
Old February 21, 2004, 05:05   #199
Toni
King

be more polite towards my Alps
Old February 21, 2004, 15:13   #200
EPW
Emperor

Nice game anyone availible for a game today?
Old February 23, 2004, 02:19   #201
Maquiladora
Emperor

Okay me and EPW "finished" our game. I kept CTD everytime it was my turn and we wouldve loaded an older save, only it was 700 years older... so we compared pop size and science and decided i had the advantage in both.

Good game EPW, well fought in those 2 colonies.

ps. a good thing to keep in mind for people hosting, try to save often. something like every 5-10 turns.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip epw_v_maq_870ad.zip (132.6 KB, 5 views)
Old February 23, 2004, 03:01   #202
Maquiladora
Emperor

Table updated.
Old February 24, 2004, 18:25   #203
Toni
King

Toni vs Barley (Toni win)

Barley will post the summary, it will be a short one lol

ok here is the save
Attached Files:
File Type: zip osman-turk-950bc.zip (115.0 KB, 7 views)
Old February 25, 2004, 01:26   #204
Maquiladora
Emperor

Wow.

Sorry i wasnt there to continue our other game Toni i was in bed lol but better that you got another tourney game done anyway.
Old February 25, 2004, 02:24   #205
Toni
King

Hey Maq, yea i waited yesterday for you to show up but now luck, then maybe some other time lol. Yea we had our game with Barley, but it was a pretty short one, he had bad luck with his land so we had to restart 3 times and again the 4th wasn't so different we played for about 2 hrs but he dicided to surrender so thats it, he was supposes to write an summary maybe tomorrow.
Old February 25, 2004, 15:15   #206
Maquiladora
Emperor

Yeah i saw the save, pretty nasty. I updated table anyway.

I messaged you earlier to resume our game Toni but you were away, im busy now so maybe some other time this week.
Old February 27, 2004, 18:55   #207
EPW
Emperor

I'm availible today and all weekand to play Barley or Quimby or anyone else.
Old March 2, 2004, 16:46   #208
Barley
Prince

Sorry ive not been around for a game, got heavily involved with a friendly with Q, this really is an epic, we are still pretty even and up to Stealth Fighters/Tanks – its been war all the way through.

Anyway, im free for a game anytime this week (Maq – not played u yet – sorry). I can definitely play a long one on Friday night (from 7pm GMT) or Sunday from around 2pm GMT. In addition im free most nights in the week 8pm GMT – Midnight GMT (maybe a little later).
Old March 2, 2004, 16:53   #209
Barley
Prince

Oh here is the summary of the 2nd game Toni and I Played

Toni v Barley (Toni win).

Well not a lot to say here I got very disenchanted with my land quite early on and had very few places for good city placement. I also lot my concentration and felt very defeatist.

With the state of my land I tried to find Toni early for a sustained Fire Terriine / Archer offensive but when I sound him it was clear he was way way ahead of me and also had better land. Nuff said, good win Toni. I might have had a slight chance (not) but blew this by going for a militaristic approach instead of expansion, by the time I decided to surrender I still hadnt got Monarchy, all the sand and jungle on my land made expansion & research very slow.
Old March 2, 2004, 17:12   #210
Maquiladora
Emperor

OK a start on Sunday at 2pm?