Old August 17, 2000, 13:30   #1
Curumbor Elendil
Prince

Local Time: 18:04
Local Date: October 30, 2010
WW2 scenario: good for multiplay!
I've just discovered that the World War 2 scenario is good for multiplay duelling. This is the first time I have played a scenario in multiplayer, and it worked surprisingly well! The original Microprose World War 2 scenario contains many fewer units than 2194 Days or Red Front, so it goes fast. I'm playing the Allies, and my opponent is playing the Axis. My opponent is a novice, so I figured I would give him the Axis. As it stands now (late 1942), I've taken Cherbourg, Paris, Bergen, and Tripoli, and destroyed Amsterdam after it passed hands a few times. We've banned city bribe: otherwise I would have kept it easily: he had a lot of units in it and no money. In the end it looks as if he'll go down to decisive defeat. But the reason for that is really the asymmetry in our playing experience. If he were only marginally less experienced than I, it would probably be a tossup (since the Axis is a slightly better civ). Anyway, just an observation. No one around here multiplays scenarios, but given the age of the game, maybe this is a new way to keep multiplay interesting!

------------------
Curumbor Elendil
http://pantheon.yale.edu/~jps35/
ICQ 56126989
Old August 17, 2000, 13:58   #2
Caesar
Settler

Local Time: 23:04
Yeah, its good for deuling and maybe you can get 3 people in. It goes a bit slowly, you have to wait quite some time for your opponent to move his units. But its great, I've done it before, I was the Russians he was the Axis, I managed to take a few of his cities, not to mention a lot of computer cities
Old August 17, 2000, 21:07   #3
Curumbor Elendil
Prince

Local Time: 18:04
Actually, moving the units was not as bad as I had thought! Not bad at all. Not as bad as the Civil War scenario became, which we tried today. I was on my way to victory as the Confederacy. But there were a lot of engineers to move around, which took a lot of time.

------------------
Curumbor Elendil
http://pantheon.yale.edu/~jps35/
ICQ 56126989