Old January 9, 2004, 08:29   #1
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 01:52
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Goodbye I guess
To Hive:
Well I guess this is it. This time I guess there's little to no chance of me coming back. I currently have high hopes that everything will turn out okay. Partly because Honghu has revealed what an excellent diplomat she is. Enigma has shown how sharp he is at learning things. Dacole, Voltaire, Micha, Honghu and a few others have shown a down to earth common sense that will keep the hive on track. You have everything you need to run this faction well.

Before this incident I had promised Enigma that he could play the next turn. He is up to date on all the details that need to be remembered for next turn and has even started extending some of my original plans. After the next turn consider him for an ongoing role as one of the main turnplayers. Dacole too I feel should be involved where ever possible with the turns and Honghu if she feels up to it.

To Enigma:
I hope you do get responsibility for the turn on a ongoing basis, I can only leave my recommendations. If you do, no matter how much you don't think you need support with playing turns. You should try and keep the others involved where ever you are able and try to impart your knowledge to others. Maybe a half a year or a year down the track won't have to spend a couple of months like I did looking for a backup.

To Dacole:
Good Luck. I believe you will do alright.

To Honghu:
I'm sorry. I think you understand.

To Jamski:
I figure I was probably wrong for being mad at you. I was still mad at you even though I knew I didn't have a very good reason. I hope I have no reasons to be mad at you from now on.

To Voltaire:
Thank you.

Mead:
You seem to be doing just great in government matters, perhaps you'll also find diplomancy to your liking too.
Old January 9, 2004, 11:04   #2
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 09:52
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Dear Kody, yes I understand. We are all so thankful that you have been with us. You have earned our respect and love. Come back when you succeed in conquering your own battle, or drop in when you feel you need a break.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 9, 2004, 11:08   #3
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 16:52
And please stay in contact via MSN, ok?
Old January 9, 2004, 11:35   #4
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 15:52
Shitto Kody, it just ain't the Hive without you

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old January 9, 2004, 13:21   #5
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 09:52
Kody, sorry I just read the public forum. So you won't be posting here at all any more...

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 10, 2004, 02:28   #6
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Re: Goodbye I guess
Right. Well, there goes our morale support.
Still, we have an excellent complement of people here on The Hive.
Kody is dead to us now, and for the point of this discussion I will presume him gone.

"To attach yourself to any one thing is to give yourself a weakness that can be exploited."
This is true threefold in this discussion.
The Hive relied on Kody, and in a sense some of it is crippled by his departure.
Kody, in turn, attached himself to his curiosity, and his devotion to The Hive. One could argue that this is what lead to his downfall.
And now, we all rely upon each-other for continuation of The Hive. I can only wonder who next will fall.

I've never been big on mourning and loss, having grown up in a covert warzone. People were lost, and if I slowed down to mourn them I would have been lost with them.
But what's past is past. What's future is future. What matters, people, is now.
Now, The Hive is in a race for MMI. The Hive is soon to be at war.
We, too, are at crossroads.
See my Signature? I have renewed my commitment to being honest with myself, and am learning of parts of me I didn't know existed; powers I was not aware of were there.

My Fight against Ignorance, Conformism, Apathy and Stupidity will not be easy, but with my new powers I am confident that I will win.
HongHu, in the present, faces the trials of raising a family. And while I may work to protect children, one could argue that She performs her task with much more meaning.
Jamski faces a simple trial - gaining the respect and value of his peers. It is this which troubles him today.
Voltaire faces a more rigorous trial, that of how to manage a society. Not as simple as clicking a button and paying 40 ECs, Voltaire must now find an amicable solution to the conflict of interest and personalities in the Hive.
I, too, face this obstacle. So often have I come up against a society that hates my being because I dare to confront and try to improve it, I will not allow the same thing to happen here.
Mead faces the path of learning. While this path is blazed by all, there is no map, and no easy way. There are many paths forward and choosing the path of your awareness and life, while the most basic of human problems, is also the most complex.

In all of this, we rely upon each-other, as friends, advisors, mentors, sparring partners, and a whole assortment of other activities.
This is why we are shocked to lose Kody. I am more independant than most and so too feel it least, but I feel the loss of those around me.
I would never advocate being totally reliant on any one thing. We must get on without Kody, and plan for the loss of anything, and everything; There is no sense in being unprepared.
I have encountered loss of my own... Parents lost to the realm of Ignorance, Peers lost to Stupidity, Friends lost to Conformism... And perhaps, in fighting this, I lose myself.
Loss is a constant. It is how we deal with these things that varies. In this, how we grow, adapt and evolve, shall we find who we are.

Who are we? We are The Human Hive. Dedicated to bringing our value to planet, no matter what. Who are we? We are all people, trying to follow the path we choose, and work well to our values.
We all have our missions, agendi, needs and let-downs.
While Kody may no longer have his, we will ensure that no loss holds us back from our dreams.

To The Hive. To The People. For Our Values, For Our Future.
Who is with me?
Old January 10, 2004, 03:03   #7
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Re: Goodbye I guess
Quote:
Originally posted by Kody
Before this incident I had promised Enigma that he could play the next turn. He is up to date on all the details that need to be remembered for next turn and has even started extending some of my original plans.
Enigma bows humbly and accepts the sword of his fallen master.
Holding the sword high, he cries a war cry of vengeance and power, sheathes the sword in his scabbard, charges outside and announces the fight to the people.

This battle is not yet lost! So long as we have an army and a will to lead it we are not done yet!
Onward! We will learn from our loss and emerge stronger than ever. Strong enough to conquer those that oppose us and attain justice for our former comrade.

Quote:
After the next turn consider him for an ongoing role as one of the main turnplayers. Dacole too I feel should be involved where ever possible with the turns and Honghu if she feels up to it.
I'd say that I won't let you down, but that's unrealistic.
I'd say I'll try my best, but I do have battles elsewhere.
I'd swear devotion to The Hive but I'm a lone wolf.
What can I say, then?
I say that I'm going to kick ass. Simple, honest, and straight to the point.
Off to do some ass whompin'. In my name, in your name, in all our names.

Quote:
To Enigma:
I hope you do get responsibility for the turn on a ongoing basis, I can only leave my recommendations. If you do, no matter how much you don't think you need support with playing turns. You should try and keep the others involved where ever you are able and try to impart your knowledge to others. Maybe a half a year or a year down the track won't have to spend a couple of months like I did looking for a backup.
A man cannot force others to follow his path.
If people want to learn, they must be prepared to work for it.
Of course I expect others to impart their knowledge onto me.

Learn, people, from this Kodified example. I do not think of any man above me, and am all to willing to question and lead. I have no respect for those that only follow, so I expect you all to have your own ideas and desires, and express them.
I will chat to Voltaire about making the neo-Hive more conducive to those who question. Our Tactics, Our Society, each other and ourselves - there is infinite room for improvement in an infinite number of ways.
Let this be a lesson to you - you have the power to question and create. This power, innate to all humans, is too precious to waste.
For the sake of each other, and for the sake of yourselves, I suggest you use it.
(see sig) this is what I fight for. This is what I live for. Care to throw it back in my face?
Well, I suppose it is your choice, but look at the world around you. Surely something needs to be done, and this is something.

Quote:
To Dacole:
Good Luck. I believe you will do alright.
There's a lot of future ahead of us, Dacole.
Are you up for facing it?
Surely one man is fallible. Two men are less so. I hope that you will be an excellent addition to turnplaying.

Quote:
To Honghu:
I'm sorry. I think you understand.
Promises survive the death of their members.
HongHu, you are the most emotionally intelligent being on this forum. I acknowledge your skill in this area surpasses my own.
At the least, you will be useful for diplomacy.
There is only so much one man can do...
And when it comes to diplomacy, a woman can do much more.

Quote:
To Jamski:
I figure I was probably wrong for being mad at you. I was still mad at you even though I knew I didn't have a very good reason. I hope I have no reasons to be mad at you from now on.
Jamski proves that The Hive is not as conducive to questioning or strategy as I would like.
That we needed *that* forum proves that we are not as openly questioning as we would like, or that in all the spam, our members do not think so much as they do post.

I would drop Jamski's trial. He may be a complainer, but the stereotype of a questioner is often portrayed as bad.
We need more questioners like Jamski, because he dared to take on what he saw was a problem.
And you? You what? You rub his nose in it because his questioning created friction?
Well allow me to rub all of -your- noses in it for not being so conducive! Offence is -always- a two party interaction. When one party devolves to blaming the other they have entered the realm of Ignorance and Arrogance and are a detriment to any strategic society.

We proceed to hold high our laws and hold low the opinions of our people. Why have we made these monsters?
All people should be allowed to create and question without persecution. (Says my sig) The existence of some of our Hiverian laws contermand this, and I will seek to remove them.

"Against the law" you say? "Opposed to society" you say?
Damn right! 'tis my stance and I am entitled to have it.
When a person is seen as 'bad' or 'wrong' merely because he goes against your laws or contradicts what you believe, then you have become the worst kind of Fundamentalist.
The last time I checked, this wasn't the Alpha Centauri Fundy Game.

There is far too much stigma to support the mindless followers and to oppose the questioners.
That changes here.
That changes now.

Carpe diem. May our dreams become reality, and may the reality we construct not oppose our dreams.

Quote:
To Voltaire:
Thank you.
The Realist. The Yin to my Yang, as it were.
I predict many battles between you and I as we spar over how to best lead our people.

In any case, as Newton said, Frame no hypothesis. The only way we can get this done is if we put aside presumptions of our own values, understand and accept those of each-other, and seeing things unblinded by our own beliefs make a calm rational judgement.

But the Hardcore Idealist and a Hardcore Realist? Oh how will they ever put aside their differences?
I guess this is a personal problem for both of us.
Would you love your people enough... that you would change yourself for them? To improve yourself to be the best leader?
I know I would.

Quote:
Mead:
You seem to be doing just great in government matters, perhaps you'll also find diplomancy to your liking too.
All that legal stuff makes my head spin, but keep up the good work.
I know not what you do but you seem to be doing a good job of it.
Old January 12, 2004, 16:00   #8
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 05:52
*Salutes Comrade Kody*

Comrade, while I was not here for a brief amount of time, I was here when you were introduced to us and can say that you have contributed enormously to the growth and development of the Human Hive. For that, I thank you. Good luck in your endeavours and peace be with you.

-Comrade Frankychan
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis