Old January 13, 2004, 17:26   #31
Barinthus
Alpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 07:53
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Obstructor, that was hilarious re: Freeman and Jackson.

What about that guy in Matrix Reloaded, Commander Lock? Perhaps too angry-looking compared to Morgan's calm-looking features?
Old January 13, 2004, 17:31   #32
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Local Time: 17:53
This is getting out of control. If someone posts another wanna be Morgana actor I am gonna make a poll about it.
Never went to see nor Revolutions nor Reloaded.

Edit: Seems that Sammy1339 thought this was some kin of a threat. It is not, so post your suggestions freely if someone else felt threatened.

Last edited by Illuminatus; January 16, 2004 at 17:05.
Old January 13, 2004, 18:40   #33
sammy1339
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:53
Um - do you perhaps think that the actor might have to do more than look like the picture of Morgan? Actually, do you think it would even really matter that much if the actor didn't look at all like the picture in the video game? You're right that Freeman looks a little more like Morgan than does Jackson - but so what? Jackson would play the part better.
Old January 13, 2004, 18:45   #34
The Mad Monk
Emperor

I think Jackson is too intense for Morgan. Freeman is about right.
"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.
Old January 13, 2004, 23:27   #35
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 16:53
Of course it doesn't have to be some A list it can be someone up and coming career wise.

Same with the rest of the cast.

Sig Weaver against the Aliens? Do you think that would work
Old January 14, 2004, 08:38   #36
molly bloom
King

Local Time: 01:53
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Julianne Moore as Miriam- or possibly Glenn Close.

Roshan Seth as Pravin Lal.

Emily Watson as Aki Zeta.

I don't know what you're talking about by international law. G.W. Bush, 12/03
Old January 14, 2004, 11:17   #37
ErikM
Warlord

Sig Weaver would make a fine Miriam... Just picture her saying "I find your unwillingness to cooperate disturbing".
Old January 14, 2004, 19:21   #38
Barinthus
King

Julianne Moore as Miriam, I can see it.

I'm not so sure about Emily Watson alto.

I couldn't find a picture of Roshan Seth on www.imdb.com and I'm too lazy to do a yahoo on him.
Old January 14, 2004, 23:35   #39
molly bloom
King

Quote:
Originally posted by DataAeolus
Julianne Moore as Miriam, I can see it.

I'm not so sure about Emily Watson alto.

I couldn't find a picture of Roshan Seth on www.imdb.com and I'm too lazy to do a yahoo on him.
You might remember him from his biog. :

http://www.hollywood.com/celebs/bio/celeb/1672830

I think the father of the bride in 'Monsoon Wedding' would also be a possibility- Naseeruddin Shah

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0265343/

I don't know what you're talking about by international law. G.W. Bush, 12/03
Old January 15, 2004, 08:42   #40
Vev
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
King

Steve Buscemi for Zakky!!!
Old January 16, 2004, 17:09   #41
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Quote:
Originally posted by sammy1339
Um - do you perhaps think that the actor might have to do more than look like the picture of Morgan? Actually, do you think it would even really matter that much if the actor didn't look at all like the picture in the video game? You're right that Freeman looks a little more like Morgan than does Jackson - but so what? Jackson would play the part better.
And I must say that this was NOT based upon any similarities with Morgan but with his proven acting talent. I would replay sooner, but I can afford to go online only any three days or so. Anyway judging from the progress of special effects it will soon be possible to "adjust" apperance of characters in the movie, so we must exclude race as a an important factor.
Old January 18, 2004, 09:18   #42
Solver
lifer
Civilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueThe Courts of Candle'BreC4WDG Team Apolyton
Deity

Local Time: 18:53
Pamela Anderson for Lular H'Minee. No makeup needed.
Old January 19, 2004, 14:49   #43
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

Quote:
Originally posted by Solver
Pamela Anderson for Lular H'Minee. No makeup needed.
Huh?
Old April 1, 2004, 17:32   #44
Barinthus
King

I recently saw S.W.A.T. last night and I change my nomination for the role of Col. Corazon Santiago -

Michelle Rodriguez should play this role.

Mmm I couldn't upload this picture of her - check this out.. http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/02570...ez,%20Michelle

For those who don't want to visit the link or whatever, there's one more picture of her...
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	evil.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	68776  
Old April 1, 2004, 21:07   #45
Commy
King

Local Time: 15:53
I think some form of a movie or miniseries will be great. The problem is, is that so many people will be unhappy by the ending. I mean, think about it. Only one out of 14 factions can win. So, lets just assume that 1 out of 14 people like the movie that see it. THe ending could crash like it did in the Matrix: Revolution. Great movies, bad ending. Whoever said, good idea to have multiple endings.

Unfortunately, the only actors I know are Mel Gibson and Tom Hanks, so I can't really help you on acting roles. I just know what everbody looks like, never actually know their real names. If you had pictures of every actor, I could tell you.
Old April 1, 2004, 21:10   #46
Barinthus
King

Actually my orginial purpose (I wasn't clear enough) was to find out what the SMAC/X gamer community would think be best fit for those roles.

I could post pictures for you but I don't know how to do multiple photo posting and I don't want to spam this thread with 14 seperate pic postings. I do have an idea, it'll take a time to see if it'd work.
Old April 2, 2004, 00:16   #47
SynthetGod8
Warlord

I think I said it before, but SMACX is too damn big for one movie. Or even a 4-hr 2-part TV mini-series. It'd have to be a 2 hr 3-part (6 hrs total) affair. Not unless you wanted to confuse the watchers to no end with multiple stories.

The first story could be a UN-Univsersity-Gaian Alliance versus the Hive-Believer-Spartan Hegemony with Morgan being a dispicable bum and selling weapons to both sides. Only a single Gaian woman can overcome the social stigmas and control the mind-worm hordes!

Next, Alien artifacts (Borehole, Manifold, and Obilisk Nexus) are found within Alliance and Hegemony-annexed land causing in-fighting over alien tech that have broken down the Alliance! University hordes secrets, Morgan sells them to the highest (and most dangerous) bidders. Angels and Pirates emerge to fight together for freedom of information. They liberate the Alien artifacts and decipher their meaning: the Aliens are coming back.

The Progenitors crash land on Planet and each new faction forges an alliance. Caretakers with the new Cult of Planet (formally of the Believers) and the Ursurpers with Yang. Ursurpers-Hive forces take back old Hive territory from the University and secure the Manifold. Caretakers-Cult forces ravage Morgan's land and bring him to his knees. Only a mysterious Cyborg known as Aki-Zeta 5 escapes from the University's defeat with information that can save humanity. Can she make to UN Headquarters and convince the diplomatically neutral Lal and Deidre to build the device that will banish the Aliens and save planet?
Old April 2, 2004, 05:17   #48
Sikander
King

Local Time: 08:53
Quote:
Originally posted by Smiley
Who cares about the actors, I'd be more interested in the special effects.
You may have a future in Hollywood me bucko, though the line: Who cares about a script, I'd be more interested in special effects., works too.

Last edited by Sikander; April 2, 2004 at 05:41.
Old April 2, 2004, 05:40   #49
Sikander
King

Local Time: 08:53
Quote:
Originally posted by molly bloom
Julianne Moore as Miriam- or possibly Glenn Close.

Roshan Seth as Pravin Lal.

Emily Watson as Aki Zeta.
I love Julianne Moore ever since she played Maude Lebowski, and Emily Watson since Mulholland Drive. Yummy! She has a fragility which might play very well into Aki Zeta's difficulty with emotions. Moore can play imperious very well. Interesting choices.

If Yaphet Koto isn't too old I'd like to see him as Morgan.

Brad Pitt as Svensgard.

Gary Oldman as Domai

Cate Blanchett as Miriam

Val Kilmer as Zakharov - (he'll pull it off, he always does)
Old April 2, 2004, 08:56   #50
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 02:53
I recon Milla Jovovich would work.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	cymilla.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	68834  
Old April 2, 2004, 15:15   #51
Ouro_827
Civilization III PBEMAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human Hive
Prince

Local Time: 06:53
Hmm... interesting... More than one faction could win! I could see a triumvate victory.... The researchers, Aki and Prokhor, with a pacifistic aide in the form of Diedre... Co-op victory!
Old April 2, 2004, 18:20   #52
Mart
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansACDG3 CMNsC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Would Firaxis agree on preparing or authorising a movie scenario? I think that if made properly that movie might be a great Sci-Fi piece of work. Combination of action and drama, some good additional stories, maybe a good romance somewhere between. Scenarion would have to be good, not to turn the story into bad soap opera
Old April 3, 2004, 21:55   #53
Commy
King

I think Sci-Fi channel would make it into another mini-series, like Stargate SG-1, or Tremors, or probably more like Babylon V. Really though, I think SMAC is a great game, but how many people have ever heard of it! I know one. So, since most of the World has never seen what the SMAC characters look like, do they have to look EXACTLY like those in the game? Couldn't they just look similiar? I think it should be based more on character than looks.
Old April 4, 2004, 08:08   #54
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Commy
I think Sci-Fi channel would make it into another mini-series, like Stargate SG-1, or Tremors, or probably more like Babylon V. Really though, I think SMAC is a great game, but how many people have ever heard of it! I know one. So, since most of the World has never seen what the SMAC characters look like, do they have to look EXACTLY like those in the game? Couldn't they just look similiar? I think it should be based more on character than looks.
WE now how they look, it MUST be interesting for us as well, you know...

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 4, 2004, 12:54   #55
Barinthus
King

I wouldn't want Richard Simmons playing Pirates or Aki-Zeta 5. He could do Zak alto, that'd be interesting.
Old April 4, 2004, 22:16   #56
Commy
King

True, GeoModder, we would all probably be the biggest fans. What I'm saying is is that the characters don't have to look exactly a like. But I can't imagine Santiago or Deidre with grey hair.
Old April 4, 2004, 23:13   #57
SynthetGod8
Warlord

yeah, no doubt that if someone ever green-lit a tv series, the original story would be shredded.
I mean, would there be any point to the show if all the leaders hung out in their respective bases? Would you watch it if the leaders only made cameos?
If anything, the only SMAC-based story that would be viable for tv or movie is the Unity story because they were all part of the command-staff and they had to interact personally.

Why not make a SMAC show a spy show? like "SMAC: Probe Team". Again, faction leaders would be cameos... but I seriously doubt that a show about all the leaders on Planet would be tiresome. A movie would be better, but diplomacy is rarely exciting.
Old April 4, 2004, 23:37   #58
Mart
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansACDG3 CMNsC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

I agree, the movie wouldn't have to be only about diplomacy, and faction leaders do not have to be the only main characters. Spy plots would be really very interesting. Planet's life - mindworms and sentient xenofungus might turn out good material for plots in a movie
Old April 5, 2004, 14:03   #59
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

Quote:
Originally posted by SynthetGod8
Why not make a SMAC show a spy show? like "SMAC: Probe Team".
Not the series to start with? Perhaps as a spinoff....
Old April 5, 2004, 14:23   #60
The diplomat
King

Local Time: 09:53
Quote:
Originally posted by SynthetGod8
yeah, no doubt that if someone ever green-lit a tv series, the original story would be shredded.
I mean, would there be any point to the show if all the leaders hung out in their respective bases? Would you watch it if the leaders only made cameos?
If anything, the only SMAC-based story that would be viable for tv or movie is the Unity story because they were all part of the command-staff and they had to interact personally.

Why not make a SMAC show a spy show? like "SMAC: Probe Team". Again, faction leaders would be cameos... but I seriously doubt that a show about all the leaders on Planet would be tiresome. A movie would be better, but diplomacy is rarely exciting.
I think anyone of Ely's trilogy stories would make a great movie. I mean the first book has great character moments and great battles. Just imagine the battle of UN HQ done LOTR style. Seeing thousands of black Spartan Myrmidons marching toward the walls of UN HQ would be spectacular!

And the last book also has some great character moments as well as some great potential for epic battles and great action sequences.

So, I think any of the books would make a great movie with the right direction and cast.
'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"