Old January 11, 2004, 17:41   #1
dacole
ACDG The Human HiveBtS Tri-League
Prince

Local Time: 16:00
Local Date: November 2, 2010
So the soap opera continues
I have to say I am dissapointed though not surprised. I go away for the holidays for a week and a half and the soap opera continues, and yet again we drive kody away from us.

Some changes have to take place in the way we do things or I am going to have to move on as well.

We are going to have to get to the point where we are able to give people power. For example the turn player vote didn't have a term limit. Any real represenitive democracy has a time limit on voteing otherwise nothing ever gets done.

By the end of this month we need to have a constitution and a group of turn players set if we don't then I am going to have to stop wasteing my time as kody did.

We also need to have some sort of power given to the people that we set to do the turns where they can hire and fire people to help them. The chairman also has to have the power to fire and hire advisors without voteing as well as makeing decisions without voteing (going to war ext) discussions can happen but the offical decision must rest with the representitives we elect. A time should be set for when elections are going to happen and happen at that time like in all real life representitive democracies and laws should be set and followed.

I will check and see if these things can happen and if not I will have to consider leaveing as well.
Old January 11, 2004, 23:56   #2
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 02:00
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Re: So the soap opera continues
Well, Dacole, there's an easy way to get things done and a hard way.
The Easy way failed.

Quote:
Originally posted by dacole
I have to say I am dissapointed though not surprised.
Why be disappointed? That word signifies a violation of trust or expectation.
I tell you, these folk beget neither trust nor expectation. Just treat them kindly and they make a sane post every now and then.

Quote:
I go away for the holidays for a week and a half and the soap opera continues,
Yeah, it gets like that. Here's a brief rundown of what you missed:
Jamski organises rebellion
Kody is booted
Voltaire tries to organise constitution
Enigma learns a lot and is apprentice turnplayer

Quote:
and yet again we drive kody away from us.
Kody's curiosity has been his downfall.
This was his own damn fault, but I'll say they may have provoked him.

Quote:
Some changes have to take place in the way we do things or I am going to have to move on as well.
It will change. Whether you will approve is a different matter entirely.

Quote:
We are going to have to get to the point where we are able to give people power.
Doling out responsibility never works because AFAIK this lets the lazy get responsibility.
People have to WANT it. They have to want to WORK for it.
Only such people (like myself) should receive any power.

Quote:
For example the turn player vote didn't have a term limit.
Nor was it a binding contract. I imagine I'll give everyone a chance at helping me, not hoard the position like a vain egotist.

Quote:
Any real represenitive democracy has a time limit on voteing otherwise nothing ever gets done.
Santa Claus was in a ballot booth, placing his vote for a real representative democracy. In the next booth, Gorbachev was placing his vote for effective communism. In the next booth, The Easter Bunny was placing his vote for an unorganised beaurocratic mess.

These are the only 3 votes that are cast. From the list above, whose vote wins?
The Easter Bunny's. The other two governmental systems do not exist.

Quote:
By the end of this month we need to have a constitution and a group of turn players set if we don't then I am going to have to stop wasteing my time as kody did.
The Turn player will be done.
As for the constitution, it'll run up against fierce opposition from me until I'm sure it doesn't shoot me in the foot.
That could take a lifetime.

Quote:
We also need to have some sort of power given to the people that we set to do the turns where they can hire and fire people to help them.
What if I fired you? Would you still support giving me power?

Quote:
The chairman also has to have the power to fire and hire advisors without voteing as well as makeing decisions without voteing (going to war ext)
Until The Chairman becomes corrupt with power, and starts making disagreeable decisions and doing dumb things.

Quote:
discussions can happen but the offical decision must rest with the representitives we elect.
As a representiative, I elect:
ALL people willing to think and work.
Enigma looks around to see HongHu and Voltaire
Well meh... At least it works!

Quote:
A time should be set for when elections are going to happen and happen at that time like in all real life representitive democracies and laws should be set and followed.
Respect.dacole--;
Do you have any idea how hard I've been trying to avoid repeating the mistakes of the foolishness of earth? Yes? No? Well, regardless of whether you do or not, know that I intend to manufacture a system better suited to the situation, one with less ineffeciency and greater integrity.

I will not stand idly by and watch an old earth abomination arise.
I will create a system for encouraging people to think for themselves, in creativity and judgement (See sig), and I'll tell you now that senseless democracy and unchangable laws are my enemies.

Let there be no laws; we are smart enough to discern our own actions without people telling us what to do.
Let there be no forced decision and let there be no forced indecision; Let those who want to think and work rise to the top on their own genius; Let those willing to fall do so.
A system with 'laws' does not work when the people gain the ability to question and judge.
In the name of my mission to bring Judgement and Creativity to The Hive, I implore you to stop this madness before it is too late!

Quote:
I will check and see if these things can happen and if not I will have to consider leaveing as well.
If you oppose my mission (see sig) I'd rather you leave sooner than later.
Old January 12, 2004, 02:47   #3
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 09:00
Quote:
If you oppose my mission (see sig) I'd rather you leave sooner than later.
Bravo! Provocation works so well in the spirit of unity and acceptance which you so adamantly advocate.

Quote:
I believe that all people, regardless of values or belifs, are to be accepted.
Regardless of ignorance, stupidity, laziness… in so long as they agree with me.

Quote:
It is my mission to ensure that this comes to pass.
Because I’m bored and have much time on my hands.

Quote:
I will live for this, I will kill for this, I will die for this.
By all means, I won’t stand with you, except you might have a problem with sort of living for ‘this’ and dying for ‘this,’ you know seeing as the two are mutually exclusive. But hey, when did that ever stop people?

Quote:
My responsibility is too great to do anything less.
All hail the new self-righteous messiah!
Old January 12, 2004, 06:24   #4
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Anyway Dacole - what you might have missed in all that lot is that Kody HAD to leave because he has illegal access to the other team's private forums.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old January 12, 2004, 07:08   #5
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Enigma pokes Voltaire
When's that infighting truce meant to end?

Quote:
Originally posted by Voltaire
Bravo! Provocation works so well in the spirit of unity and acceptance which you so adamantly advocate.
It's not a provoking statement it's an expression of desire.
If they want to imprison us with laws I'd rather they'd leave.

Quote:
Regardless of ignorance, stupidity, laziness… in so long as they agree with me.
The problem with open-mindedness is that you have to be open to close-mindedness.
So, yes, I do advocate removing those whose beliefs, if enacted, would jeapordise the mission.
Maybe when the mission is in effect we can once again consider these ideas, unburdened by the old system.
For now, I'll crack some eggs to make an omlette, so that the current system is down.

I am well aware of what I'm doing. I didn't claim that I was the archetype of neo-humanity, now did I?

Quote:
Because I’m bored and have much time on my hands.
Voltaire - you have guessed incorrectly. Please try again.

Quote:
By all means, I won’t stand with you, except you might have a problem with sort of living for ‘this’ and dying for ‘this,’ you know seeing as the two are mutually exclusive.
Not at two different points in time they're not!
I can live now and die later.

Quote:
But hey, when did that ever stop people?
And when did a few trolls and snipes ever stop anyone either?

Quote:
All hail the new self-righteous messiah!
Why do we instinctively hate anyone with an idea and the confidence to pursue it?
So yes, let's hail me!

Last edited by Enigma_Nova; January 12, 2004 at 10:13.
Old January 12, 2004, 17:32   #6
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

I told you Enigma....But you didn't listen to me
Old January 12, 2004, 17:57   #7
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Enigma pokes Comrade Tassadar
To each his own, comrade. Don't interfere with the path I choose.
Old January 13, 2004, 05:01   #8
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

/me pokes everyone *

Stoppit and shuddup!

-Jam
Old January 13, 2004, 06:45   #9
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

I agree. Cease all infighting.
Old January 13, 2004, 13:01   #10
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 10:00
/me smiles.

I so love you guys.

Dacole I have to apologize for not setting time limit on the turn player poll. I didn't know when you'd come back and I didn't want to exclude you from voting.

But I'll make sure that I set up a time limit on the poll if I do another poll in the future.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 13, 2004, 18:24   #11
Jamski
Deity

I like soap. I like opera.

CONTINUE THE IN-FIGHTING!!!!

-Jam
Old January 13, 2004, 22:08   #12
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Quote:
Anyway Dacole - what you might have missed in all that lot is that Kody HAD to leave because he has illegal access to the other team's private forums.
Thanks Jamski for putting in that way. You were always the one for coming up with your own version of the truth.

For the record I've only been breaking illegally into the hive forum. I admit I've broken into the drone's apolyton forum at Tassadar's request. I still haven't broken into the any of the other team's forums.
Old January 13, 2004, 22:10   #13
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Oh yeah another thing, I had to spend 2 hours begging to get Tassadar to ban me.
Old January 13, 2004, 22:13   #14
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

And I spent 1.9 hours trying to convince him to stay.
Old January 14, 2004, 04:34   #15
Jamski
Deity

Quote:
Thanks Jamski for putting in that way. You were always the one for coming up with your own version of the truth.

For the record I've only been breaking illegally into the hive forum. I admit I've broken into the drone's apolyton forum at Tassadar's request. I still haven't broken into the any of the other team's forums.
I never said you broke into any other forums. Just that you had backdoor access and therefore COULD break in, which is what you told me.

-Jam