Old January 29, 2004, 16:34   #331
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 10:03
Local Date: November 2, 2010
That would be something to show them wouldn't it? Although I'd say I'm perfectly content that you be the representative of us newbies for I have started to realize the brutality of this supposed competition. Trying to ensure one's own survival by slaughtering her dearest friends, not something that a princess would be dreaming of.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 29, 2004, 17:02   #332
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

Local Time: 11:03
Welcome again Gladiator fans to the arena where only one contestant will walk away. This is round A of the semifinals between Jamski-San and Lord Drogue of Antonie.

Lets go down to our on field commentator and last year's champion, Skanky Burns. "Well, both the contestants are evenly matched. If either contestant scores a lot of hits with a lot of power behind the blows and manages to kill the opponent, then they will win."

Well thank you for that cutting analysis, Skanky.

It looks like the combatants are ready to begin. They start to circle each other looking for the right opportunity to strike. At the same intant both warriors charge at each other with shields and weapons held high.

They both run into each other, shield to shield, and bounce back a few steps from the force of the blow. Just as the crowd is wondering what that was all about, the crazy guys do it again.

Skanky: "You know that is a well known defensive ploy that I've used in the past to .. uh .. butter my bread."

Wow, that is some insight that you have there Skanky. But it actually looks like the guys in the ring might actually try something in their third encounter.

Jamski starts towards Drogue and jabs to the left of Drogue's shield just as Drogue starts to duck under the blow. Drogue is not fast enough, however, and the blade of Jamski's weapon slices the top left ear lobe of Drogue completely off.

At the same instant that Drogue was ducking he was spining his blade in a clockwise motion on the underside of Jamski's shield. It hit something under there as two little bloody wiggly things dropped into the sand.

The contestants back away from each other, Drogue cupping his hand over what used to be his ear, and Jamski having a little trouble holding onto his shield.

(Jamski has 82 points remaining, Drogue has 87 points remaining).

(You may submit your next moves).
Old January 29, 2004, 17:45   #333
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 16:03
Ow! It seems me and Drogue are trying the same tactics...

Skanky really knows his stuff, eh?

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old January 29, 2004, 17:53   #334
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Orders sent.

/me bows to Drogue, drops his shield (Jamski-san doesn't use a shield) and poses for the crowd *

-Jam
Old January 29, 2004, 18:14   #335
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Good fight boys! At this rate we will be able to see the first person in Mars when the match is decided.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 29, 2004, 18:25   #336
Jamski
Deity

First you critisise my all-out-attack, then you have problems when we fight defensively. What DO you want?

Women...

-Jam
Old January 29, 2004, 18:37   #337
Snowflake
Princess

Well in a point match you fight elegantly and in a death match you shoot for a clean and quick execusion that's how.

No actually I'm just trying to prove that I am really a woman.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 29, 2004, 18:39   #338
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
First you critisise my all-out-attack, then you have problems when we fight defensively. What DO you want?

Women...

I think 18 and 13 damage is perfectly reasonable for one round. It's one of my highest actually

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old January 29, 2004, 18:51   #339
Snowflake
Princess

Life is so precious. Who wouldn't want to guard it. But I'd prefer a quick death if I have to die. If I die, I die honorably.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 29, 2004, 18:54   #340
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

Sent as well. You see, defense needs points in only one discapline, whereas attack needs it in two. So it is easier to defend than attack. Especially when you can hit a cheeky blow every now and then, for a point or two

Old January 29, 2004, 19:09   #341
Jamski
Deity

Shall we post them up Drogue, or wait for Spaced to do it properly with the story?

-Jam
Old January 29, 2004, 19:18   #342
Drogue
staff

Wait for Spaced. We can't work out each others exact scores from what Spaced puts. If we could, this would be a lot easier! As it is, the guesswork is fun

Old January 29, 2004, 19:24   #343
Jamski
Deity

Yeah, and I like the suspense almost as mcuh as the story he tells.

-Jam
Old January 29, 2004, 21:37   #344
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 03:03
Local Date: November 3, 2010
And I am ready to continue my superb analysis of the fight.
Old January 30, 2004, 01:21   #345
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 00:03
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
You got flattened by FLEAS!!!!!

-Jam
Says something about your personal hygiene, Jamski
Old January 30, 2004, 01:23   #346
Urban Ranger
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue
HongHu: Let us hope that is not necessary However having us too in the final would be a turn up, from the start, us being the two newbies to Gladiator
Hey, what about me?
Old January 30, 2004, 01:26   #347
Urban Ranger
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue

I think 18 and 13 damage is perfectly reasonable for one round. It's one of my highest actually
Wuzz. Should have seen the brutal fight between vovan and Ur.

That's brutal
Old January 30, 2004, 03:58   #348
Jamski
Deity

Quote:
Says something about your personal hygiene, Jamski
This is coming from a caveman ! A quitter caveman too

-Jam
Old January 30, 2004, 05:28   #349
Drogue
staff

UR: Brutal, but silly. I prefer the skill of outscoring your opponent with hardly being harmed. A few carefully placed blows show more skill than an all out slugfest, IMHO.

Bring on round 2

Old January 30, 2004, 10:26   #350
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

Sorry for the delay which might continue for the next few days. I'm putting together a new computer for the home and have been distracted by that a bit. Hopefully all the rest of the parts will arrive today (the tracking info says that they are on the truck for delivery). So I'll probably be out of touch for the next few, but might drop in when I'm doing all the warez installs.

Also, sorry for picking on you so much Skanky, but you were last years champ.

Also D and J, calm down guys, you'll probably be waiting for the winner of the Dr. Princess fight anyway cuz of Doc's current situation.
Old January 30, 2004, 11:03   #351
Drogue
staff

Ok. I am calm, I don't mind. I'm just touting egos with Jamski over the fight

Old January 30, 2004, 11:06   #352
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Wuzz. Should have seen the brutal fight between vovan and Ur.

That's brutal

Who's the first one that brought the rival to zero but still have over 50 points left for herself?

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 30, 2004, 13:28   #353
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

Welcome again Gladiator fans to the continued coverage of round A of the semifinals between Jamski-San and Lord Drogue of Antonie.

We know go down to the floor to our commentator, Skanky. What is your opinion of the action so far?

Skanky: "Well, if I had a goblet of wine for every defensive blow I had to witness so far, I'd be pretty drunk right now. Luckily, I can hold my liquor..er..I mean if I had to."

Well the contestants look like they are getting ready to go at it again. Both guys rush at each other feeling the pain of their previous encounter. Both men swing their swords at almost the same instant with deft moves.

Jamski's sword lands almost squarely on Drogue's shield and then bounces up and nicks Drogue on the cheek. Drogue's sword finds no shield, as Jamski is not quite able to bring it up in time to block the blow. Drogue's sword and powerful thrust finds Jamski's midsection.

Skanky: "I love the sound of breaking bones in the morning!"

The contestants back away, circle, and then approach each other again. As they get within range, they both thrust out their shields in a blocking motion and offer no form of attack whatsoever. What do you make of that, Skanky?

Skanky: "That's right two goblets, wench...Oh, sorry! He77 I love this kind of competition."

They back away again and circle looking for an opening. Looks like they found it as Jamski and Drogue execute excellent attack forms again. Jamski's sword again bounces off of Drogue's shield and nicks him on the other cheek.

Drogue launches a powerful blow, but Jamski manages to deflect it with his shield at the last instant. The force of the blow left a huge dent in Jamski's shield.

The contestants separate and access the damage. Drogue seems no worse for the wear but Jamski's Tunic is soaked with blood on the left side and a small stream of blood is making its way down his leg into the sand.

(Jamski has 57 points remaining, Drogue has 79 points remaining).

(You may submit your next moves).
Old January 30, 2004, 19:20   #354
Jamski
Deity

OW!

I was trying Drogue's own trick of snipping off small bites.... but he tried my ONE BIG BANG!

-Jam
Old January 31, 2004, 08:05   #355
DrSpike
Civilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton University
Deity

Local Time: 17:03
SC:

Princess: I look forward to the duel of swords and minds.
Old January 31, 2004, 10:17   #356
Drogue
staff

W00t

Will send orders today, when I can figure out what to try next If I can work out what works well, that the Doctor has used to successfully over the last fights, I might stand a chance should I get to the final (and should the Princess not manage the upset that I'd love to see).

I wish you luck for the next round, Jamski-san. May this fight be a close and honourable one

/me bows.

Old January 31, 2004, 10:38   #357
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by DrSpike
SC:

Princess: I look forward to the duel of swords and minds.
You can send those orders anytime now. I already have the princess'.
Old January 31, 2004, 11:12   #358
Jamski
Deity

Orders Sent.

-Jam
Old February 1, 2004, 00:02   #359
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

Still waiting on Spike and Drogue!
Old February 1, 2004, 09:24   #360
Jamski
Deity

/me pauses to sharpen his katana.

-Jam