Old January 12, 2004, 21:11   #1
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 10:05
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Nominations: Chairperson of the Central Continuing Committee of the Human Hive
I officially open these nominations for the position of Chairperson of our beloved Human Hive. Former Chairman Voltaire has graciously stepped aside to allow for a new election for his position.

Understand that this is only the first step in our creation of a new government of the Human Hive. This Chairperson will lead a tranistional government as we continue to build a better Hive.

Once we have a proper constitution, ratified by a vote of the people, the term of this temporary Chairperson will end, to allow for the new government to be installed.

If no formal constitution is in place one month after the end of this election, a new election for Chairperson shall be held, for the sake of getting ourselves properly in-tune with the idea that the Chairperson is to be elected on a regular basis.

Please, now, nominate people you feel will serve best in this capacity. Any citizen of the Hive may be nominated. You may also nominate yourself.

If you are nominated, please either accept or decline the nomination. Only those who have accepted their nominations will be placed on the ballot.

These nominations will close in 4 days.
Old January 12, 2004, 21:39   #2
Vander
ACDG The Human HivePtWDG2 SunshineAlpha Centauri Democracy GameMacCivilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Morgan
Prince

Local Time: 09:05
I nominate Comrade Octavian X.
and then refusing to decide
Old January 12, 2004, 21:54   #3
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 02:05
Local Date: November 3, 2010
I nominate Octavian X and HongHu!
Old January 12, 2004, 22:48   #4
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 06:05
I nominate Comrade Chairman Voltaire.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old January 13, 2004, 04:59   #5
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 16:05
I nominate dacole.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old January 13, 2004, 13:09   #6
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Thanks for the nomination but I would like to withdraw from competing with Chairman Voltaire. I do not think I could do a better job than him. I second Comrade Frankychan's nomination.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 13, 2004, 16:22   #7
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Okay... then I nominate Octavian X and Enigma_Nova!
Old January 13, 2004, 18:28   #8
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Ok, I second Enigma_Nova on the condition he changes his sig to "I love the world" for at least a week.

-Jam
Old January 15, 2004, 01:42   #9
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

So, is no one willing to actually accept a nomination and run for the office?

As for myself, I will only run for the office if no one else steps up. I haven't the time to run the Hive, I only wish to get it working correctly.
Old January 15, 2004, 03:58   #10
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

I will accept because after speaking to many individuals within the Hive they wish to see me run, and though I was hesitant at first in the hopes of teaching the democratic movement a lesson in what their politics result in, the good of the Hive takes precedence and thus I shall run.

Thank you.
Old January 15, 2004, 06:20   #11
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 17:05
Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
Thanks for the nomination but I would like to withdraw from competing with Chairman Voltaire. I do not think I could do a better job than him.
Now that´s a pity, Comrade... I´d love to see the Hive´s first Chairwoman, but at the end it´s your own decision. However, wouldn´t you reconsider your decline, just to give it a try?

Quote:
I second Comrade Frankychan's nomination.
Didn´t see a nomination for him...?

Anyway, although he already accepted, I´d like to second Voltaire´s nomination.

Glory to the Hive!
Old January 16, 2004, 11:44   #12
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by Micha

Now that´s a pity, Comrade... I´d love to see the Hive´s first Chairwoman, but at the end it´s your own decision. However, wouldn´t you reconsider your decline, just to give it a try?

Didn´t see a nomination for him...?

Anyway, although he already accepted, I´d like to second Voltaire´s nomination.

Glory to the Hive!
Oops I meant Voltaire's nomination.

Thanks for your trust dear comrade. To tell the truth I am afraid to become the chairman. If Voltaire is the Chairman I know at least I will support him and help him with works. I've already been trying in futile to pull everybody together as it is now. If I were to do the chairman, I don't think I have the energy to do everything and more. I mean sure I can play the turns and handle the diplomatics and so on, but then I will also have to fend all the accusations and feed all the demands and clean up all the messes. Phew! Think about that! Somebody who is courageous enough to pick up this role gets great admiration from me!

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 16, 2004, 21:24   #13
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Well who here nominated themselves?
Voltaire and Myself.

I'm still not sure why we can't have a multi-chairman system. Rome had two proconsuls and it worked for them!
One of us can keep an eye on what the other one is doing...

Let's see..
We got Voltaire to handle the internal measures
We got Enigma_Nova to play the turns
We got HongHu to do the diplomacy.
The rest of you guys can slack off, do what you want and make spam - I think it's in the bag.
Old January 16, 2004, 21:42   #14
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 06:05
That does not keep in the spirit of the Hive, Comrade Enigma.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old January 17, 2004, 01:30   #15
Octavian X
King

We will them assume that the upcoming election will have Comrades Enigma_Nova and Voltaire on the ballot. The nominations will be extended for one more day.
Old January 17, 2004, 03:31   #16
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Aw geez, c'mon! Anyone else around here?
Old January 17, 2004, 04:31   #17
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Indeed, I too am surprised by the low number of candidates in this, our first, truly free elections.
Old January 17, 2004, 09:32   #18
Jamski
Deity

Not everyone has the desire to BE chairman, but many have the desire to CHOOSE chairman.

So say old wise man.

-Jam
Old January 17, 2004, 10:04   #19
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

If you can discover a better way of life than office-holding for your future rulers, then a well governed Hive becomes a possibility. For only in such a state will those rule who are truly rich, not in postcount, but in the wealth that makes happiness: A fruitful and wise life.

By the looks of things, most of us want to office-hold.
Old January 17, 2004, 10:08   #20
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Or is there some other reason for people to avoid voting for themselves?
The fear of commitment? The indesire for responsibility?
Or is it something else...
By pursuing the path of power, do they fear they will lose a part of themselves? Or fear what others will think of them, and thus fear to lose a part of them?

Power may corrupt, but only if you let it. Nothing will change the way you are unless you desire it to be so, and if this is the case, we fear only our fickle desires.
As for people... screw 'em. If they can't hande the thought of their friends and loved ones adapting and evolving then they have no place in such a society as this.

Or maybe people simply don't think they'll make a good chairman...
If so, learning is by experience - and people, Watch and Learn.

I move to support both Enigma_Nova and Voltaire.
To the battlefront, everyone!
Old January 18, 2004, 00:35   #21
Octavian X
King

I really did think more people would step up to the plate, which is something I shall do just for the hell of it. Consider my nomination accepted.

An election poll will be posted soon.
Old January 18, 2004, 05:14   #22
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

So that's:

Enigma_Nova
Octavian X
Voltaire

Who proposed the 3 consuls system?
Twas you, wasn't it, Octavian?
Well there are 3 consuls.
Old January 18, 2004, 16:34   #23
Voltaire
King

The new system does not come into effect until after this Chairmanship; the Chairman elected has the responsibility of establishing the new constitution and holding the elections under the new constitution. Besides, we have hardly pinned down exactly the sort of system we want.
Old January 19, 2004, 01:40   #24
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

We've pretty much pinned down what each of us want, now it's a matter of arguing with each other and winning over the plebians.

Oh no... the plebians... OH my GOD it's FULL OF DRONES!
Enigma thinks about a way to reignite decision-making and activism in the populous

There HAS to be a way to break the deadlock of a lazy populous...
Old January 19, 2004, 02:22   #25
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by Enigma_Nova
There HAS to be a way to break the deadlock of a lazy populous...
I had believed in this too.

Grapefruit Garden