Old March 16, 2004, 11:33   #31
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 01:07
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Thanks ET, that is great
Old March 16, 2004, 18:17   #32
Dominae
BtS Tri-LeaguePtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 12:07
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Re: Some Information gleened from PTW PBEM testing
Quote:
Originally posted by E_T
What this means for the PBEM multi-turn worker actions? mines, Irrigation, chops and other multi-turn things EXCEPT for roads, gets the added benifit from being done at the begining of the turn. The Trade Effect from Roads will show up for the end of the turn, because that benifit is what you see, if you have the road available now and can change your WF to that. So, it might be more efficient to build a road in a single tile, over the longer time, but if you want that trade bonus sooner, you need to be less efficent and use Multiple workers to build it.
Actually, all Worker-actions complete one turn early, at the end of the last player's turn for that year. Whenever you click on a Worker and it says "2 turns remaining", you can expect to reap the benefits of that tile improvement during the next turn's upkeep. During that turn (when in SP it would say "1 turn remaining"), the Worker is paralyzed and cannot move until the next turn. So, the rate at which tile improvements get built remains constant, but cities can benefit from them one turn earlier than in SP.

This is crucial if we're going to micromanage a lot.

Dominae
Old March 16, 2004, 18:32   #33
Dominae
Emperor

Re: Some Information gleened from PTW PBEM testing
Quote:
Originally posted by E_T
Additional Testing required to answer the following:
How gifting and being gifted a city effects this?
Where exactly Civil Disorder comes into this?
Since all Worker-actions complete at the same time (at the end of the turn year), city gifting is unaffected by these peculiarities.

Since all Worker-actions complete one turn early, you can depend on them one turn early for purposes of completing techs, units and improvements, growth and civil disorder prevention.

Dominae
Old March 17, 2004, 00:12   #34
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Re: Re: Some Information gleened from PTW PBEM testing
Quote:
Originally posted by Dominae

Actually, all Worker-actions complete one turn early, at the end of the last player's turn for that year. Whenever you click on a Worker and it says "2 turns remaining", you can expect to reap the benefits of that tile improvement during the next turn's upkeep. During that turn (when in SP it would say "1 turn remaining"), the Worker is paralyzed and cannot move until the next turn. So, the rate at which tile improvements get built remains constant, but cities can benefit from them one turn earlier than in SP.

This is crucial if we're going to micromanage a lot.

Dominae
Yes, but the road is built, you get the movement benifit (and corruption reduction, this also needs to be tested) but the trade benifit IS NOT available early. That's what I'm trying to say...

E_T
E_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17, 2004, 01:24   #35
Dominae
Emperor

Re: Re: Re: Some Information gleened from PTW PBEM testing
Quote:
Originally posted by E_T
Yes, but the road is built, you get the movement benifit (and corruption reduction, this also needs to be tested) but the trade benifit IS NOT available early. That's what I'm trying to say...
I would like to see your tests on this. I have experience to the contrarty (in the MZO ISDG, where the Northern Alliance plays last). I would be very surprised if a new Road were treated differently from Irrigation or Mines with respect to when its effects get counted. That would require extra code, for no apparent purpose.

Dominae
Old March 17, 2004, 07:41   #36
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

I'll try to send it to you sometime this weekend.

E_T
E_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17, 2004, 10:21   #37
Dominae
Emperor

Thanks!
Old March 19, 2004, 18:05   #38
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 09:07
Last night while in the chatroom I offered to create a sim map of our start and to keep it updated every few turns as we continue in the game. Paddy, if you're interested in having me do this I also left you a PM.

I have created sim maps for other democracy games so it's not a big deal to me to create another. They're VERY helpful in planning out the moves ahead of time.
Rhothaerill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19, 2004, 21:47   #39
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Roth, that would be great. I intend on trying to help out this office, so if you could include me in your distribution..... most appreciated.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
GodKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19, 2004, 22:19   #40
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GodKing
Roth, that would be great. I intend on trying to help out this office, so if you could include me in your distribution..... most appreciated.
I'm planning on posting it here and updating it every so often. Everyone will have access to it if they want.
Old March 21, 2004, 00:11   #41
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 01:07
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Please note that today I have tendered my resignation for this position.

So we need a new Minister of the Interior.

Time to throw your names in the hat, and get this portfolio in hand
Old March 22, 2004, 03:53   #42
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Unless there is some overriding reason to change it this will likely be the projected MOI orders from 3400bc to 2900bc.

Quick explanation: 4f means 4 food in the box; 0s means 0 shields in the box; +5b means +5 beakers accrued at the start of next turn and +1g means +1 gold accrued at the start of next turn

3400bc – 8f;0s; Warrior built, start barracks prebuild for granary; WF to cattle and sugar; Slider to 70% science; Roads R Us moves 7 to wine; +5b,+1g
3350bc – 11f,4s; Finish pottery, start next tech; Slider to 90% science; Change build to granary; Roads R Us roads wine tile; +6b,0g
3300bc – 14f,8s; +6b,0g
3250bc – 17f,12s; Roads R Us finishes road, idle; +6b,0g
3200bc – 0f;17s; Apolyton grows to size 3; Citizen auto-allocates to wine; WF to cattle, forest and sugar; Roads R Us moves 3-3 to forest; +7b,0g
3150bc – 2f,23s; Roads R Us chops forest; +7b,0g
3100bc – 4f,29s; +7b,0g
3050bc – 6f,35s; WF to cattle, sugar and wine; +8b,0g
3000bc – 9f,50s; Roads R Us completes chop, idle; +8b,0g
2950bc – 12f,55s; Roads R Us roads tile; +8b,0g
2900bc – 15f,0s; Granary complete, start worker or settler next; Slider to 80%; +7b,0g