Old January 14, 2004, 10:51   #1
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 02:10
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Let the Turn begin
Alright, I'm here and I have the turn.

I'm waiting for 2 other competent turnspeople to show up on MSN.
I'll probably wake up at around 2100 GMT Thursday.
Until then... goodnight.
Old January 14, 2004, 11:07   #2
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 10:10
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Enigma, there will not be an MSN turn chat.

We have not received any suggestions from the people, other than those ones regarding diplomacy. Please go ahead to do the turn, with the decided spirit in mind. After you finish the turn, before you hit end turn, please post the save. I and dacole will try to look at it and see if there are anything we can suggest to change. Then dacole can post it in the public thread.

For the next turn, I'm hoping you and dacole will change position, in other words, he'll play and you check and post.

All the other people, if you have time, please look at the turn and give whatever suggestions before Enigma plays the turn.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 14, 2004, 14:03   #3
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Copied from Kody's post in turn 2152. Thought it may be useful.

Quote:
All minerals lost to support have been fixed, so we don't have any units draining minerals.

From the looks of things food is no longer a major issue for any of our bases, so we'll only need to build farms on top of nutrient bonus in the near future. You can acomplish alot of things with 47 terraformers.

Terraformers should build boreholes where shown in the following land planning picture.
http://apolyton.net/upload/files/Kody/LandPlanning.jpg
Mine rocky (that isn't a designated borehole site), and road+forest as much as possible to push out fungus.

A 1,1,4 ship is wandering the southern oceans mapping the believer's coast. Another ship is puttering around near the north pole looking to pop unity pods (need to put something expensive in can we get free minerals to complete when we pop it next turn).

We're going to stockpile about 75% of our total production next turn so we'll have some extra money to spend when we decide to start the last two boom bases.

Buster offered us environmental economics. We declined for this turn as we need both SOTHB and environmental economics to leapfrog to neural grafting. Otherwise all our accumulated tech gets wasted on a tech we don't really want.

Pop boom will finish in michanpolis and vevtopia next turn, so tech rate should be over 200 labs per turn.

To keep golden age in the two growing bases pysch next turn should be set to 0% and vanderburg and Voltariograd should set 3 doctors.

New Moscow was interesting, I wanted to build a plasma garrasion there. However, we may need to build an extra ship there depending if our the data angels wins the bombardment war. So I set it up to do both.

If the data angel foil loses, cash the crawler in for a plasma garrison (it's a proto-type). Move the 4 mineral crawler to a forest instead. So 10 minerals is accumulated per turn. No loss of minerals overall, and we get an extra turn of stockpile. The turn following after that one, move crawler back to 4 mineral mine and can build an crawler immediately. Very efficient and we get more stockpile energy.

If the data angel foil wins, move the crawler to a forest and harvest an extra two minerals. That gives 14 minerals per turn. So we can build another laser foil in our following turn.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 14, 2004, 14:24   #4
Snowflake
Princess

The Drones were not able to probe this turn because the uni had probes in every bases. We may need to see that we don't complete the env eco before they are able to give us the techs for MMI. We can switch all librarains to engineers. This would give us more energy credits to play with too.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 14, 2004, 18:35   #5
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Damn it.
Couldn't our probes defeat the enemy probes?
Old January 15, 2004, 04:32   #6
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 16:10
Its pitiful if you lose to UNI probes (-2 probe)

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old January 15, 2004, 07:08   #7
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Naw, that just influences our probe's success chance

A disciplined probe team still fights a disciplined probe team at 1:1.
Old January 15, 2004, 12:43   #8
Snowflake
Princess

Sorry Jamski I didn't explain clearly. The drones only had one probe that was available at the time I belive. Even if it wins it will not be able to steal anything this turn. If next turn they are able to send in 3 probes, then they can garantee a steal and perhaps two steals. There is no question that it is a better plan.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 16, 2004, 01:27   #9
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

*crosses fingers*
Perhaps they could send a military unit to whoop probe team ass?

If they steal Neural, have them send that and EnvEcon
If they steal SoftHB, have them probe again.
The idea is, they'll be accumulating Tech, so they'll get a large MMI jump on us.

I'd rather we get that MMI.
Old January 16, 2004, 11:18   #10
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by Enigma_Nova

I'd rather we get that MMI.
I agree Enigma, wholeheartly.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 16, 2004, 21:12   #11
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Do you think the Drones will fall for it?
HongHu, talk the drones into doing that...
Old January 17, 2004, 04:13   #12
Snowflake
Princess

You need to tell me about your plan before I can talk anybody into anything.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 17, 2004, 10:44   #13
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

My plan:
If the Drones do not probe Neural, have them probe neural.
With D:AP, Neural -and- EnvEcon being sent our way, we'll have the tech to get the MMI jump.

The main problem will be second-guessing when to ramp up our tech rate from 0 to the max, because if we wait for a turn the Drones -just may- pip us to the post.
Old January 18, 2004, 00:41   #14
Snowflake
Princess

Next turn is 2153 right? What do you want me to talk to the Drones? That they should try to probe Neural by 2152 their turn? Or 2153? 2154? When is the latest we can wait?

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 18, 2004, 05:10   #15
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

I can stagnate the labs as long as I want.
But I want a -clear year- when they're certain to grab neural.

That way, I can ramp the labs immediately before that turn, and thus get MMI on the turn that they send the tech to us.
If I do not pre-plan like this, it will be another year before all the MMI goodness, and with their tech advantage the Drones may take some SPs we'd like.

We might give them the longevity vaccine - until we take The Vats- and after that we can get greedy.