Old January 16, 2004, 02:34   #1
whosurdaddy
Warlord

Local Time: 11:14
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Weird Quirks in Multiplayer
Okay so today I tried out Multiplayer Civ Conquests for the first time in a LAN game and I noticed 2 strange things:

Firstly, even though I always had "build previous unit" in the game preferences checked off, my cities would always switch to building whatever they wanted after units were being completed.

Secondly, whenever combat occurs, the screen instantly flips to whatever the next unit is in my unit rotation and does not stay to watch the combat. Although a dialog does come up to say for example that "my archer defeated greece's warrior" for example, it would still be nice to be able to watch the combat animation occuring and watch either my unit or the enemy unit drop dead as I have always done in single player. Does anyone know what i am talking about I know I am probably making this sound kind of confusing.

Anyway, these are the two issues that I am having and have had only with multiplayer. By the way, I have been playing Civ3 ever since it came out, and Civ2 ever since that came out, so I am by no means new to the series, and I still cannot figure out why these 2 problems are occuring in Conquests multiplayer. If anyone could offer any help, I would greatly appreciate it.
Old January 16, 2004, 08:16   #2
Fried-Psitalon
Civilization IV: MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormGalCiv Apolyton EmpireCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC4DG Sarantium
Official Civilization IV Strategy Guide Co-Author

If you have always build previous unit OFF, that means "don't keep building that when you finish this one," so it's going to switch to producing something else. I think if this annoys you, you want that switch turned ON.
Old January 16, 2004, 16:21   #3
whosurdaddy
Warlord

Oops, I meant to say that I had build previous unit on. So I still dont understand why it keeps switching my cities's production.
Old January 16, 2004, 18:50   #4
Fried-Psitalon
Civilization IV: MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormGalCiv Apolyton EmpireCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC4DG Sarantium
Official Civilization IV Strategy Guide Co-Author

You may have the governors on - if you have a white box outlining the city, that means the governor is on and he'll tweak your production around, unless you tell him specifically not to do so.
Old January 16, 2004, 20:23   #5
whosurdaddy
Warlord

The Governors are not on, and as an extension of my second complaint, the game also does not show me when enemies attack my units in multiplayer. As a matter of fact, the only way I know that I have been attacked is that for example, that I notice that one of my units has dissappeared off the screen, letting me know that an enemy unit must have attacked and killed it (besides the little message which flashes up on the screen saying unit A attacked and killed unit B which flashes so fast I often miss it).

And by the way, I do have show friendly and enemy units toggled on in the game preferences, as well as showing all battle animations toggled on. Not having the screen shift to show when and where combat occurs is very disconcerting to me in the multiplayer mode. Any suggestions from anyone on how I can fix this?

Perhaps these are issues which need to be addressed in a forthecoming patch ...