Old January 16, 2004, 11:51   #1
Tingkai
Prince

Local Time: 00:15
Local Date: November 3, 2010
I'm feeling lucky
The new game.

Take your Apolyton name, or your real name and put it on the google search engine, then hit "I'm feeling lucky"

What webpage do you get?

I got some electrical engineering dork called Tingkai Wang. Although he is working on robots so that's kind of cool. But he's at the University of Surrey, and as any Canadian will tell you, a university in Surrey has to be a joke.

http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/T.Wang/
Old January 16, 2004, 12:01   #2
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 03:15
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=105400

Well isn't that thrilling.
Old January 16, 2004, 12:13   #3
Richelieu
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 12:15
Local Date: November 2, 2010
http://www.richelieu.com/

Old January 16, 2004, 12:23   #4
Stuie
King

http://www.centralcoastbc.com/stuie/

Quote:
Stuie is the only community in Tweedsmuir Park and the home of Tweedsmuir Lodge, world renown for a remarkable river fishing experience and record spring salmon, a large grizzly bear population and many interesting fish stories told around the campfires. It is also the traditional fishing area for the Ulgatcho First Nation of the Chilcotin. Tweedsmuir Lodge offers luxury accommodation, fine dining in the most spectacular viewscape anywhere.

It is not uncommon for grizzly bear to pass by the window when guests have sat down to dinner. Riverboat drifting and guide service is also available. There are many trails and points of interest to explore in Stuie and Tweedsmuir Park. There are currently five families who live in Stuie.
Weird.

I am starting eviction proceedings.
Old January 16, 2004, 12:49   #5
Garth Vader
King

Local Time: 10:15
http://www.sccs.swarthmore.edu/org/p...ports/ted.html

WTF?!?
Old January 16, 2004, 13:05   #6
lightblue
Warlord

Local Time: 17:15
http://www.lightblue.com/

Hmm...
It’s a great art, is rowing. It’s the finest art there is. It’s a symphony of motion. And when you reach perfection, you are touching the divine. It touches the you of yous – which is your soul. George Pocock
What fun is that? Why all that hard, exhausting work? Where does it get you? What is the good of it? It is one of the strange ironies of life that those who work the hardest, who subject themselves to the strictest discipline, who give up certain pleasurable things in order to achieve a goal, are the happiest. Brutus Hamilton
Old January 16, 2004, 13:12   #7
Saras
Emperor

Local Time: 19:15
http://www.saras.it/4inglese/default.htm
Old January 16, 2004, 13:15   #8
Gibsie
Civilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 16:15
Re: I'm feeling lucky
Quote:
Originally posted by Tingkai
The new game.

Take your Apolyton name, or your real name and put it on the google search engine, then hit "I'm feeling lucky"

What webpage do you get?

I got some electrical engineering dork called Tingkai Wang. Although he is working on robots so that's kind of cool. But he's at the University of Surrey, and as any Canadian will tell you, a university in Surrey has to be a joke.

http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/T.Wang/
Hey you go to Hell, that's my Uni!!!1

But, hehehehe... Wang.
Old January 16, 2004, 13:25   #9
Boris Godunov
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 09:15
http://www.metopera.org/synopses/boris.html
Old January 16, 2004, 16:46   #10
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 11:15
http://www.starwars.com/databank/cha.../obi****enobi/

Unsurprisingly
Old January 16, 2004, 17:01   #11
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Autocensor.

Obi****enobi...
Old January 16, 2004, 17:34   #12
MrFun
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Richelieu
http://www.richelieu.com/

THAT is an exciting website.

I bet once I do this for mine, I will come up with something even more boring, though.
Old January 16, 2004, 17:44   #13
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=102919
Old January 16, 2004, 17:47   #14
Boris Godunov
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 09:15
Quote:
Originally posted by MrFun
I bet once I do this for mine, I will come up with something even more boring, though.
I did it for you. You're right!

http://apolyton.net/forums/member.ph...fo&userid=7302

Old January 16, 2004, 18:16   #15
Shi Huangdi
Emperor

http://www.utexas.edu/courses/wilson.../smithbio.html

Quote:
Located approximately 30 km outside of the present-day capital, X'ian (called Chang'an in ancient times), of the Shensi province of modern China, the tomb of Qin Shi Huangdi remains a symbol of the infinite power and ego of China's first Emperor.

Ascending to the throne of his clan, the Qin, at the age of 13 in 246 BCE, Shi Huangdi immediately began construction of his extraordinary mausoleum which was completed soon after his death in 210 BCE, 36 years after the work commenced. Remembered as the ruler who united the seven warring clans of ancient China in 221 BCE, Qin Shi Huangdi's reign was marked with great advances in all sections of society: he ordered the construction of a vast infrastructure of roads and canals and the connection of the various border walls of his kingdom into one Great Wall; he standardized the systems of writing, of weights and measures, and of currency in order to simply communication and record-keeping; and he abolished feudalism, forced the nobles to reside under his thumb in the capital city and divided the rest of China into 36 separately governed states, each with its own bureaucracy and defensive military force to increase the efficiency of his nation's administration. He also fostered religion, sacrificing to the gods in thanks for his military and diplomatic successes, announcing that he had finally united China, in a series of extant sacred tablets. These achievements alone would compare easily with the accomplishments of Augustus or Alexander; however, Shi Huangdi was also a tyrannical despot and ruled with an iron hand for many years, handing down draconian laws, and levying large tax rates to oppress the commoners of ancient China and maintain and solidify his tenuous grasp on the monarchy. Under advisement from council in 213 BCE, he ordered that all books of a non-technical nature be burned, in an attempt to eliminate the teachings of Confucius, and the education system that accompanied Confucism. In his final years, Shi Huangdi became quite withdrawn and mystical, much like Russia's Rasputin. He surrounded himself with magicians and alchemists, providing them only one task: to find or create an immortality formula. Shi Huangdi was becoming increasingly more maniacal near his death, and wanted an potion that would allow him to rule as a divine emperor (convinced of his deification) forever. He soon died-- broken, insane, and alone--after a trip to Japan in search of his essential elixir of life in 210 BCE.

Recently discovered in 1974 by Chinese peasants who were drilling a well, the tomb of Qin Shi Huangdi proved to be one of the greatest archaeological finds in both historical importance and in sheer physical bulk. Archaeologists were uncertain when the excavations began of the great magnitude of this site. The although the tomb itself is, according to legend, very elaborate and beautiful, the center piece of Shi Huangdi's mausoleum is the terra-cotta army of approximately 8,000 life-sized men and horses. Individually sculpted of 3 inch thick terra-cotta clay, each soldier and horse is unique, each with its own style of dress (the mineral paints used to cover the figures in bright, gay colors have since dissolved), weaponry, and facial expressions. Grouped into a specific military formation with crouching crossbowmen and bowmen at the point, archers at the flanks, large groups of infantry, chariots and cavalry, and a final guard of heavily armored infantry pulling up the rear, all are arranged according to the proper military procedures of the day. All 8,000 troops are housed in three separate chambers for each section of the army: active duty troops in the largest chamber, reserves in another smaller chamber, and a small group of 68 commanders and elite officers in the third. The army faces the east guarding Shi Huangdi's tomb from the enemies he vanquished who supposedly came from that direction. The three chambers are themselves part of a much larger burial complex located approximately 3/4 mile from Qin Shi Huangdi's pyramidal, still unexcavated, tomb. The complex is designed much as a city: with protecting walls, a palace, and even a cemetery, to be Shi Huangdi's capital during his adventures through the afterlife. Built mainly underground, carved out of low mountain top (according to legend), the construction itself took 700,000 prisoners of war and slaves over 36 years to construct and covers approximately four square miles. The as-yet-unearthed palace is reputedly of legendary grandeur. Much like Egyptian pharaohs, Shi Huangdi's tomb provided for all his needs and replicated his style of life on earth, complete with many amenities: various precious stones and metals; objects d'art; a small, scaled model of his capital city, Chang'an; a small river system in which mercury was mechanically circulated, showing the Yangtze, Yellow and all other major rivers of China; and a planetarium with constellations made of pearls. The burial chamber was dug out of an aquifer which required all of the interior surface to be waterproofed with a thin layer of bronze.

When the first terra-cotta soldiers were found in 1974, the first archaeologist dispatched to the scene was Yuan Zhongyi, now leader of the excavations and director of the on-site museum. He originally thought his work would take about one week. He was shocked when he later found the largest chamber of the army, with nearly 6,400 men, horses, and chariots. Unearthing the first chamber took three years. The second and third chambers were found soon after digging in the first concluded. When the Chinese made the first announcements about the statues in 1974, many archaeologists, intellectuals and especially tourists wanted to visit the site. The Chinese were surprisingly open about visitation (although they do all the digging) and even lead tours to watch the actual excavation as it takes place. Originally covered with a shabbily constructed tin roof, but soon after, the Chinese enclosed the entire area in a reinforced steel building which can only be described as an airplane hanger, completely sealed off from the elements. They also built adjacent to the site a museum, housing many of the valuables recovered from around all of the tomb site and welcoming over two million visitors each year. You can still tour the dig site and the fully excavated first chamber, if you wish.

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand
Old January 16, 2004, 19:20   #16
Combat Ingrid
Prince

Local Time: 01:15

Quote:
Title: Combat in the Erogenous Zone
Author: Bengis, Ingrid
http://www.greenapplebooks.com/cgi-b...oid/81362.html
Old January 16, 2004, 19:32   #17
MrFun
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Boris Godunov

I did it for you. You're right!

http://apolyton.net/forums/member.ph...fo&userid=7302

Hey -- wait a minute.
Old January 16, 2004, 19:43   #18
joncha
MacNationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 01:15
I get Mrs. Joncha's penguins.

http://www.ahsd25.k12.il.us/School%2...onchapage.html

Strange. I used to get myself when I put my own name in, now I get some country music star.

jon.

And just in case a disputant, calls you to dispute about their claims,
Do not, then, dispute on them, except by way of an external dispute.
Old January 16, 2004, 19:45   #19
Kramerman
Prince

awww....

i had a sad one

http://members.dandy.net/~lulu/mem2002-25.html

Officer Ken Kramerman's K-9 partner died
Old January 16, 2004, 19:47   #20
Kramerman
Prince

AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!

look what i found as the 3rd and 5th search result on google for my name:

http://www.google.com/search?q=Kramerman

im famous

Old January 16, 2004, 19:48   #21
Japher
Emperor

mine is sooooo boring it's not even worth posting here. Something to do with IT services or something, I don't really understand it.
Old January 16, 2004, 19:51   #22
Japher
Emperor

SlowwHand with one w is kind of funny.
Old January 16, 2004, 23:28   #23
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 00:15
Woohoo!

www.urbanranger.com

Old January 16, 2004, 23:28   #24
MrFun
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Japher
mine is sooooo boring it's not even worth posting here. Something to do with IT services or something, I don't really understand it.
POST damn you!
Old January 16, 2004, 23:38   #25
Lonestar
inmate
King

Yes! I'm a NASCAR champ!

http://www.racereview.com/dp-mattbucher.htm

Quote:
2002 ROOKIE OF THE YEAR AWARD TO BUCHER

WINCHESTER, VA – 2/25 - Seventeen year old Matt Bucher of Winchester has been selected as the outstanding 2002 rookie in the NASCAR Weekly Racing Series presented by Dodge at the Old Dominion Speedway in Manassas, Virginia.

The rookie of the year award is based on several criteria including; individual race results, point standings, sportsmanship on and off the track and a final recommendation by Old Dominion Speedway promoter **** Gore.

"It has been great year." Bucher said, "Even when we struggled as a small team with accidents and an ill handling race car, we fought back. That is important to me as a rookie competitor."

For the 2003 season Bucher will have a new stock car and will set his sights even higher as he tries to reach victory lane and capture the track championship.

Old Dominion Speedway is a NASCAR sanctioned 3/8ths mile asphalt speedway in Manassas, Virginia. The NASCAR Weekly Racing Series presented by Dodge is the premiere division at the speedway; it is the main feeder series for NASCAR’s Touring Divisions.

For more information contact Butch Manning at Dominion Marketing: 703 328 2238

Old January 17, 2004, 13:48   #26
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Local Time: 18:15
Damn... I've got a college named after me:
http://www.adrian.edu/

Old January 17, 2004, 15:11   #27
Guynemer
C4WDG The GooniesCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-League
Emperor

For my real name:

http://users.ids.net/~egan176/LINBOX.TXT

High school hockey boxscores from Rhode Island.

For my handle:

http://www.theaerodrome.com/aces/france/guynemer.html

No surprise; the gentleman from whom I took my handle.