Old January 28, 2004, 15:06   #91
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 16:23
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Oh I forgot, you're trolling against NWN as well without even having played it.
Well, if your trying to compare NWN to a game I like, then obviously I'm going to defend the game I like *especially* when I hear the single-player experience isn't quite something to die for
Plus: I love Baldur's Gate 2.
Old January 28, 2004, 20:58   #92
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 17:23
Compared to most fan written modules it's pure gold. It's balanced (i.e. not focused on tank characters) and you can actually roleplay and get a lot of additional options by persuasion (which most fan modules lack completely). I'm running through for the third time now as a rogue (after being a paladin and a wizard) and am having a blast threatening and sneak attacking. Every run is different so far. When I played around with a Charisma=8 ranger, not even the whore would sleep with me .

Will give BG2 a try too, but I need a new graphics card first.
Old January 28, 2004, 21:12   #93
SirOsis
Civilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

Not to beat a dead horse...

So I'll switch topics to NWN. Just started replaying it after a long break. I am playing as a rogue/wizard 10/2 right now and it is great fun.

Of course it is keeping me from AU501 but I've only got so much time on my hands.

Certainly shouldn't be concerned if a spear beats a tank every once in a great while.

Time for a threadjack! Have you tried the expansions for NWN Sir Ralph?
Old January 29, 2004, 00:05   #94
Prot
C3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Chieftain

People fail to realize that a tank division consists of many different soldiers, not just tanks. If a tank unit entered a city they would get thrashed by defending missle infantry. However, that is why there is infantry with the tanks.

Infantry kills infantry attacking the tanks and the tanks kill vehicles attacking the infantry. The tank unit in Civ represents a fully balanced tank division, NOT just tank crewers and tanks.

This therfore means that Spearmen would not be able to get on top of the tanks, they would be gunned down before they can.

Also, you could not stick a spear through a vision slot on a modern tank. A modern tank can completely close up and they even have air filters for chemical/biological/nucleur weapons.

Don't point out that the commander of a tank could get ambushed by spears because when there is ANY enemy infantry around tank crewers get completely in their vehicle.
Old January 29, 2004, 02:33   #95
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Quote:
Originally posted by SirOsis
Time for a threadjack! Have you tried the expansions for NWN Sir Ralph?
I have SoU, but didn't play it yet. I will, after my rogue is through. I don't have HotU yet, because Atari hasn't released it in Germany yet. I've seen an US Gold version bundled with HotU on ebay, will look f I can grab it.

No need to threadjack, btw, we have an excellent "Other games" forum. But I haven't to say much more on this topic anyway.
Old January 29, 2004, 21:29   #96
Xorbon
Prince

Local Time: 12:23
You people should use your imagination. Spearmen can damage tanks by getting their dead carcasses caught-up in the tank-treads!
Old January 31, 2004, 13:48   #97
spy14
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Xorbon
You people should use your imagination. Spearmen can damage tanks by getting their dead carcasses caught-up in the tank-treads!
50 or so should clog them up nicely...
Old March 11, 2004, 16:54   #98
KuriousK724
Chieftain

i have recently had a legionary kill a modern armor.... has any one seen this? the MA had 2 hit points left and the legionary was a veteran... quite amusing
Old March 11, 2004, 17:10   #99
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Can't says as I even heard that one before.
Old March 11, 2004, 21:17   #100
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
Before they were ugradeable, I used Longbows to kill MIs at least a few times (admittedly, they were redlined, but still).
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.