Old March 21, 2004, 20:05   #331
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 01:26
Local Date: November 3, 2010
well at this stage my troops have not advanced on their next target, nor has said target been left in ruins.
Old March 21, 2004, 22:21   #332
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 12:26
Local Date: November 2, 2010
The Austrian people are shocked hearing the first hand accounts given by Austrian soldiers who have seen the smoldering ruins of Hannover and Frankfurt.

Austira has sent a contigent of peacekeepers to the east of Berlin.

Save to King Paddy, Jan 1804
Old March 22, 2004, 03:23   #333
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

The lessons of Napoleon should be shared
Old March 22, 2004, 13:51   #334
Iron Jackson
C3CDG Blood Oath Horde
Prince

Local Time: 17:26
Ceasefire is o.k. for me until a peaceful solution will be found (maybe).
Old March 22, 2004, 14:34   #335
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

OK so Paddy and Bongo can we cease fire ? I will keep my troops at home for now, Bongo could you PM me or Email with your requirements so I can move this thing along !

I think we could agree to a handing back of the cities as they were before the war broke out ?

Of course 2 Prussian cities are gone, this itself can not be rectified, but King Paddy did not start this ! I see no requirement for reparations from the British but do ask that we all sign a pact that no city shall ever be razed again in this world of ours !!

As this was the first war between our former alliance and previously no guidelines had been drawn up, I say we should all back this directive No Razing.

Any rogue Nation that were to go against this doctrine should expect the wrath of all other Nations, I will gladly stand by this ideall.
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old March 22, 2004, 14:52   #336
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 09:26
Well stated Chrisius! The Ottoman Empire supports the motion placed by Chrisius.
Old March 22, 2004, 16:20   #337
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Agreed. The Austrian Empire is against the razing of civilian population centers. A good first step, Lord ChrisiusMaximus. What say you Kings of Prussia and England?

The Austrian Army will keep its peacekeepers in Prussia until a final agreement is signed.
Old March 22, 2004, 22:18   #338
Paddy
Prince

Well you may want to bring to new ammendment to the floor...

but we still have no answer from the rogue Bongo.

my troops and my people ask for his head, yet when we move forward the rest of you raise up in his defense

makes one wonder which side you are all really on.

1. Prussia does not answer for its sin

2. Prussia is backed when threatened.
Old March 23, 2004, 04:07   #339
bongo
lifer
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafPtWDG Neu DemogypticaCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeIron CiversC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

I support the no razing doctrine.

I would also accept a cease-fire on Chrisius conditions.

Paddy, razing those cities was a grave mistake. Even though you had the moral right to wage war against me after the Kristianstad-incident, you lost that right after the atrocities against the civilian population of Hannover and Frankfurt. Had you just kept the cities, your troops could have conquered Preussia to the last city without anyone rising to my defence.
Old March 23, 2004, 04:11   #340
Paddy
Prince

Yet not one word was raised for Paris
Old March 23, 2004, 07:38   #341
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

Paddy, I believe I said something to you in private about Paris. I was not terribly happy about that either...

You also suggested razing Brussels early in the campaign.
Old March 23, 2004, 09:01   #342
Paddy
Prince

leaving their cities in ruins

seems like a great motto...

well all is peaceful on my part now

has the Rogue Bongo declared peace yet?

for I have not been approached for peace treaty yet...

so while you guard his cities, what mischief is he up to ???

well Mr. Bongo, what say you ???
Old March 23, 2004, 09:45   #343
bongo
lifer
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafPtWDG Neu DemogypticaCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeIron CiversC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by bongo
I would also accept a cease-fire on Chrisius conditions.
Old March 23, 2004, 10:05   #344
Paddy
Prince

ahh so I can look forward to your approach with a formal peace treaty then
Old March 23, 2004, 10:41   #345
bongo
lifer
Emperor

Well, if you stop attacking me, I'll stop dying

I will also stop my (very limited) counter-attacking.

The war with russia is a totally different matter. The fighting in sweden has been fierce. If russian forces withdraw behind their own borders, without attacking my forces, I will not attack nor follow and will withdraw my own forces as well.
Old March 23, 2004, 12:13   #346
Paddy
Prince

War .... with Russia....

stand aside Austria, you protect a tyrant

to the aid of my fierce cossack brother I must ride

mount up my lads, a drink my lads,

now ride like the wind, do not spare your mounts,

pull the nation of Prussia apart stone by stone if you must, but unseat this rogue...

Old March 23, 2004, 13:10   #347
bongo
lifer
Emperor

Oh, forgot to mention that Iron Jackson actually declared war on me (after I declared war on Paddy of course..) so in this conflict he is either the agressor or peacekeeper. Not victim.
Old March 23, 2004, 13:22   #348
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

On 22-03-2004 12:51, Czar Iron Jackson stated

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron Jackson
Ceasefire is o.k. for me until a peaceful solution will be found (maybe).
Have Prussian forces first attacked Russian troops after this announcement?

OR

Have Russian forces first attacked Prussian troops after this announcement?

Apparently the balance of the world hangs on whether the answer has a capital "P" or not....

~~~~~~~~~~
The Austrian Foreign Service lacks evidence to make a determination regarding the violators of the proposed cease fire. It's becoming painfully obvious that peacekeeping is failing. Austria will be forced to choose sides. I am convening a meeting with my advisors and a decision will be forthcoming.

However, the first nation that razes another city will earn a declaration of war from the Austrian Empire.
Old March 23, 2004, 13:23   #349
Paddy
Prince

well this is good to see that one still stands by his ally

thus I stand with Russia

who stands in my way

let them know we mean business
Old March 23, 2004, 15:56   #350
bongo
lifer
Emperor

This turn saw no hostilites between Preussian and Russian/british forces.

Russia has withdrawn all their forces but two from Preussian territory. Also there are no Preussian forces inside Russias borders.

There are still an abundance of british forces inside preussian territory. They have not been fired at this turn.

If teh caese-fire holds, real peace-talks can begin soon.
Old March 23, 2004, 16:25   #351
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Tis good to hear that we have sucessfully established a ceasefire, my compliments to all parties on their prudence on this matter.

Now please contact me with any demands etc that you may have for this process to move forward
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old March 23, 2004, 17:42   #352
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

Sent to Wittlich January 1804

All Spanish forces have been taken off full alert and are now being pulled back from the borders, we are hopeful that a lasting peace settlement can be achieved from the current ceasefire.

My Lord Shogun, we thank you for your support to date in these troubling times ! However we notice your tone seems to be more that of a demanding rather than requesting nature of late! Though we share your concerns over the issue of the razing of towns captured during hostilities we ask for the sake of peace that you ease off with your posturing a little.

At least for the time being whilst there is a cease fire in operation, which all three parties involved in the fighting to date have agreed to. Further we would also ask that at this time you now remove your peace keeping troops from Prussia, lest it be read by one or other parties to be an agitative situation !

My Lord Gunnar you have thus far set a fine example of friendship to all other nations, and your concern for the common people of Prussia is duly noted and a credit to your character, but the time is at hand for these three former brothers in arms Britain, Prussia and Russia to settle this dispute amicably and without the intervention of other foreign troops.

I can assure you all that I have spoken at length with King Paddy over the issue of the razed cities, and he has given me his word!!! that no further instances of this kind will take place whether or not the upcoming peace talks are succesful.

So alas there is no further need for peace keeping and such warnings as in your recent despatches.
Old March 23, 2004, 17:58   #353
bongo
lifer
Emperor

I don't think the peace-keepers need to be removed until there are peace. They are currently sitting on Preussian soil and I don't have any objections to them being there.
Old March 23, 2004, 18:07   #354
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

That is as maybe my lord Bongo, but from a pragmatic view I am thinking how this situation looks to all parties!!!

I will not demand they be removed, but I would advise that they be removed.

From the outside looking in it would appear that an alliance has or is forming, and this could hinder the peace process, so if you wish to gain peace then take my advice!!!

Lord Gunnar you must realise that unless you appear to be neutral, then you could get sucked into this whole affair if this process fails, and on whose side ?
Old March 23, 2004, 18:11   #355
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

I am not a fool gentlemen, and as there seems to be more afoot than meets the eye here I will be sending a small mobile force to Prussia merely for observation purposes, this force will be of no threat to any nation as its size will be very small.

I do this as I have been asked to oversee this process, as such I want to be fully aware of the status on the ground. My lords Gunnar and Bongo I ask that you both allow passage freely to my observers !! otherwise I will be forced to assume there is hidden truths to be uncovered
Old March 23, 2004, 18:13   #356
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 09:26
The people of the Ottoman Empire has gifted everyone the advance known as General Education! Enjoy!

Jan 1804AD Turn sent to Lord Shogun.
Old March 23, 2004, 18:15   #357
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

Thank you Sultan it is good to know that there are still those to whom the old values of our alliance hold true perhaps your actions will be inspiration to us all during these peace negotiations.
Old March 23, 2004, 20:14   #358
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

Lord ChrisiusMaximus,

Let me be direct. As far as I know I am an ally of each and every one of you. I have no secret alliance with Prussia, as has been alluded. Also, I have no problem with you sending Spanish soldiers to observe the area of conflict -- in fact, you could send a sizeable observation force as far as I'm concerned. As a show of good faith, perhaps Austria and Spain could sign a RoP allowing faster access by your troops to the area of conflict for observation. Furthermore, I will withdraw all Austrian troops when your Spanish observers arrive. Will that be acceptable?

I apologize if my "posturing" has played poorly in the certain corners of Europe. Perhaps the reason for my repeating the warning is that I have not seen a "no razing" policy statement from the British Foreign Office. I however, will trust.

You must understand that this violence is happening very close to the Austrian homeland. It is disturbing that former allies have entered into conflict. Please forgive me if my diplomatic exchanges have been terse or overtly threatening.
Old March 23, 2004, 20:31   #359
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

That is acceptable to me my Lord Gunnar, we will gladly accept a ROP agreement with your people, this only further shows Austrias comittment to peace, and we salute you

We do appreciate your concerns during these times, especially with your proximity to the conflict zone, however I ask you to understand that I face a difficult task that requires a finite balance. I must be seen to be unbiased and would appreciate your full cooperation at all times during these negotiations.

We must remember that there are parties involved in this who have taken losses already, and I ask you to appreciate that I must prioritise their concerns in this matter. Yes I understand your worries, but we must not allow paranoia to be the cause of further escalation here!!

I am willing to accept your promise to remove your forces when Spanish observers arrive in Prussia, though I see no reason to send a large force, and in these uncertain times I would prefer the bulk of my troops stay right at home ready to defend their homeland should any other nation become affected by this madness, and wish to capitalize whilst my forces were away in Prussian lands.

I can assure you that the process is in hand and I am awaiting a private response from Konig Bongo to start the ball rolling in the negotiations.
Old March 23, 2004, 23:17   #360
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

I have shared the science advance "Sanitation" with those of you who have not discovered this advance. Now I expect to be able find a rest room when visiting your capitals!

Sultan Wittlich, the Austrian empire thanks you for the "General Education" scientific advance.

King ChrisiusMaximus, in reviewing the royal paperwork, I blew off the dust and found an old RoP between our nations that is still in effect. Feel free to cross the border into Greater Austria. I have attempted to clear the roads of all unnecessary traffic.

A royal courier has delivered the "holy save" to:

King Paddy the Scot
10 Downing Street
London, England