Old April 2, 2004, 16:59   #391
bongo
lifer
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafPtWDG Neu DemogypticaCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeIron CiversC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 17:26
Local Date: November 2, 2010
At least you have cleared out of my lands now...

Sent you a peace offer btw. As my last troops has left russian(swedish) territory this turn, I hope it is acceptable to you now.

This trade embargo of yours, do you intend to keep it going for long??
Old April 2, 2004, 19:54   #392
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 09:26
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there's a way to cancel a trade embargo. I believe you just have to let it run its route of 20 turns...
Old April 3, 2004, 04:45   #393
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Before I play the save are we sticking to 1.15 or upgrading ??
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old April 3, 2004, 08:58   #394
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 12:26
I believe we should stay with 1.15. Jessie from Firaxis posted a message on the 1.20 bug list acknowledging the reported problems and said they were working on it.
Old April 3, 2004, 13:10   #395
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Save played as 1.15 July 1804 to Wittlich

My Lord Gunnar!! I do believe you promised free and safe passage to my troops enroute to Prussia!!!

Then why have I found my route blocked ? I set down very clearly the terms of the peace treaty for all to see and all including your good self agreed to those terms.

I trust this is merely an oversite on the part of some of your officers on the ground and hope to see the situation resolved Imediately !!
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old April 3, 2004, 15:05   #396
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

July 1804AD Turn sent to Shogun.
Old April 3, 2004, 22:38   #397
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

King Chrisius, my apologies for my limited road network. With all the demands on these Austrian roads, they can become quite jammed. Additionally, I was not informed -- previous to your visit -- to the exact path your observation force would take. I believe I have cleared the appropriate avenues for your troops, please accept my apologies.

King Paddy, I did not believe my message (in private) was to offend my staunch ally. It's merely a time for peace now, so my farmers would like to get back to their fields without continually having to shoo away your Household Cavalry from their fields. Have you thought that the British lasses must miss those brave British soldiers back in Great Britain?

Save sent to King Paddy.
Old April 4, 2004, 00:17   #398
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 01:26
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Lord Gunner

I am saddened by your words...

Shoo my brave men away, the very units that gaurded and fought on your border... the very units that had men die to protect your people... the very units you said were always welcome...

and you wonder why we are slow getting home... I did not tear up the Right of Passage, yet when ever my officers show your pass, they are told to wait, for that is no longer valid. so instead of switly moving along roads my people build as well. instead of seeing my old citizens in the farms of the Milan district we seeded to you, my beloved warriors are being held up, made to move 1, YES LORD GUNNER, ONE tile per season.

what is going on Ally of mine

did you not get enough cities from me?

have not my men served you well enough?

why are my men being treated as ruffians, not in the manner you promised
Old April 4, 2004, 00:28   #399
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

ok, may be I am just misunderstanding the whole thing

ahh it is all good hey Gunna

we did fight a great fight against old Boneparte
Old April 4, 2004, 05:36   #400
Paddy
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Shogun Gunner
Sept 1800 AD to King Paddy.

Code Civil in 2 turns.

King Paddy: Thank you for the protection of Salzburg. Are your Household Cavalry ultimately bound for the Danish Isles? The Austrian girls are going crazy over the British accent

Sultan Wittlich: What is your estimated time of arrival of the Turkish fleet? As you can see, I'm organizing my troops for an attack on Turin when you attack Marseilles. King Paddy, can you join in the attack on Turin?
only 4 years ago

curious Gunner, bloody curious
Old April 4, 2004, 08:37   #401
Paddy
Prince

Lord Gunner,
Mighty master of so much that is Europe. Please know that my humble troops continue on their ONE tile progress to Florence.

onto the Iron Prince
Old April 4, 2004, 09:00   #402
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

King Paddy,

Mighty master whose troops are stationed in every corner and area of any strategic importance within Europe.

I thank you for your troop movement updates. It seems that you take offense to my request. I beseach you to not react emotionally to the words. Think about us lesser powers on the Continent trying to rebuild the cities, towns and farms that were the battlefield. If I had large numbers of powerful offensive military units streaming past London, how would you react?

We all fought a great fight against France. We should continue to celebrate in the wake of that great victory.

Yours,
King Shogun Gunner of Austria

P.S. King Paddy, on a different note, perhaps you could recommend an alternate vacation destination for my mother-in-law? I promised her a trip to Paris after the war was concluded. However, I'm betting that she has no interest in touring smoldering rocks and bricks. Scratch western Prussia from her list of choices also. Perhaps sunny Spain?
Old April 4, 2004, 09:14   #403
Paddy
Prince

Lord Gunner,

If you had streams of troops, (10 units) marching past my positions why should I be concerned, you are / were my strongest ally, why else would I seed you so much, would have risked so much to protect both the Austrian and Prussian borders/.

You be no lesser power, nor have I ever treated you as such. More so I have gone to great lengths to add vaste lands to your Empire.

Maybe you can refer me to any other nation that has done so much for you.

Of all the nations that England seeded cities too, you were the greatest beneficiary.

Is this the attitude you take with your friends... if not then am I no longer a friend.

Do you mock me here?

I find it interesting that you had no trouble with the battle of Paris at the time... If you did, the could you please refer me to your issues and comments of the day.

I have treated you and your nation fairly... What say you of your attitude now?

At no time do I recall French forces staging mighty battles across Austria. So

If the towns / cities that we gave to you are too much work, then seed back them back to me.

As to your mother in law, we have some beautiful hotels and palaces in the Amsterdam region, you are all welcome.

Paddy
Old April 4, 2004, 16:20   #404
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Paddy the Scot
you are / were my strongest ally
are

Quote:
Do you mock me here?
absolutely not

Quote:
I find it interesting that you had no trouble with the battle of Paris at the time... If you did, the could you please refer me to your issues and comments of the day.
I did, perhaps not strongly enough, but alas, forever lost in recordless land of IM

Quote:
As to your mother in law, we have some beautiful hotels and palaces in the Amsterdam region, you are all welcome.
She is a very difficult woman to please and needs warm climates, but thank you for your offer.

And thank you, King Paddy, for everything you have done. In what way could the Austrian Empire shows its gratitude?

Sincerely,
King Shogun Gunner
Old April 4, 2004, 22:23   #405
Paddy
Prince

Lord Bongo,
Thank you for your Peace treaty.

Lord Gunner,
I would like to see the Right of Passage reinstated. This would assist our nations in the movement of our workforces.
On the subject of workforces, can I assist you with some of my workforce gangs, they are great road builers, irrigators and miners.
And as my strongest Allie, I think that it would be good to sign a MPP between our nations. That way the world can see the Honour that we show each other.
Old April 5, 2004, 00:02   #406
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

My Dear King Paddy,

To what end would the Right of Passage serve? Austria is a sovereign nation and I fail to understand why British troops must remain in Austria. During wartime, yes, your troops helped fight the French. But the French are long gone now and we all are finally at peace. Until a rationale can be presented, I must decline the RoP. The Austrian paraliment has informed me that your troops speed of one tile per two months is satisfactory. We wish to hold a few parades and celebrations as Austrian towns cheer our British allies - you wouldn't want to pass the reviewing stands at a full gallop, no?

I would like to entertain the idea of an MPP. However, I think this decision is a bit premature. You must understand the cultural relationships of the people in Western Prussia and Northwest Austria. Due to the razing of cities in Western Prussia, I fear I would have a revolt in my lands if Austria were to enter a formal MPP with England. I don't anticipate you would fare any better with my replacement if I were assassinated by angry rioters.

Should Austria fear for its safety if we politely decline England's suggestion? I am, how do you say, stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Sincerely,
King Shogun Gunner
Old April 5, 2004, 00:40   #407
Paddy
Prince

Lord Gunner,

You do skirt the issues with great diplomacy.

Whenever has England ever EVER threatened you?

So Lord Gunner, King of Austria, just what are you up to?

We would like to hear how you have been threatened?

We would like to hear how you would have revolts for an MPP with a nation you are having parades for?

We would like to know if you are the one we should be concerned about?

On reading all of your publicly displayed correspondence, my advisors say I should be very cautious of you. You are showing all the Diplomatic signs of someone hoping for a surprise attack.

You say you are stuck between a rock and a hard place, how is this so? You are not being forced into anything here.

I have not even forced the issue that you have yet to answer questions and issues...

Paddy of the Brits.
Old April 5, 2004, 01:00   #408
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

King Paddy,

And your words are of great diplomacy as well. I tip my feathered Field Marshall's hat to you.

I have answered many of your questions - as directly as I dared too. But if you need to words bluntly, here they are.

RoP: No.
MPP: Maybe, but it must wait a few turns.
Austria threatened? When England has large amount of troops within proximity of our capitol and major cities, the lawmakers, elites, and bureacracy get nervous. Is that threatened, or not? Only you can tell me, King Paddy. I pray that you do not have me in your sights.

Parades and rotten fruit tossing: The parades are in southeastern Austrian towns where there is less antagonism regarding the British atrocities. I would recommend a dose of caution when you travel in the Austrian Northwest. It is likely civilians will show some hostility, but I pledge to you, safe passage for your troops.

Now please, let us accomplish one step at a time. Once British troops have returned to British territories, then I will be glad to convene a summit with you and any interested parties. Perhaps we can find our way easier if you can present a "new world order" of what you envision in the future.

With all due respect to my dear ally,
King Shogun Gunner
Old April 7, 2004, 08:49   #409
Paddy
Prince

King Gunner,

I am starting to understand the fear that your people must be experiencing by having 10 units of mine in their region. Less were needed to win many of the cities that were gifted to you.

If you have nothing good to say of these people, these victors, these guardians of your borders, then we would like to see all gifted areas returned to the original captors, yes to us.

We continue to wonder over your actions, you the prince of peace.

You state you did not like the fall of Paris, yet we still await to see where YOU shared these concerns.

In fact all I can find on the fall of Paris is a few chuckles from others, and a sense of celebration that the French had been defeated.

You also have stated that my troops are in all of the important posts of Europe, interesting, I looked all over the map, and oddly enough I find that you have the biggest Empire of all of us.

Something weird there... How about instead of giving the cities to me, we do what happened with Prussia.

Yes indeed, I feel that to ease the tensions that are being inflicted upon Europe, that the cities that I gifted to you, should be passed on to Russia, Prussia and Spain, they are all active in the area.

Paddy of the Brits
Old April 7, 2004, 20:07   #410
bongo
lifer
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafPtWDG Neu DemogypticaCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeIron CiversC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

To Chrisius.

I'm off to the mountains

I'll get back to you later
Old April 9, 2004, 10:40   #411
Paddy
Prince

So I wonder what all of the other Lords say of my proposal:

the cities that I gifted to Austria, should be passed on to Russia, Prussia and Spain
Old April 9, 2004, 10:45   #412
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Well, I say a gift is a gift. I believe it is up to the city's new owner as to if he wants to keep the city(s) in quetion or given them to someone else.
Old April 9, 2004, 10:56   #413
Paddy
Prince

Well yea one would agree with you Lord Wittlich, yet Lord Gunner has been whinging about their upkeep, and all the hard work he needs to do etc.

As the wise say: if you can not look after a gift, then you need to give it on to someone who can...
Old April 9, 2004, 12:28   #414
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

Regarding "whining about city upkeep"

I think you are stretching that a bit there, King Paddy. A simple, private, request made to you, requesting that you relocate British troops from Austria has really set you off.

Austria is a soverign nation. What further explanation must I offer? Is this really such a contentious issue?
Old April 9, 2004, 12:40   #415
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

These things that are being said are most worrying, one cant help but feel we are to be plunged into yet more darkness and war.

Why cant we all live peacefully gentlemen, after all we were once the strongest alliance of nations ever to set out into battle that the world has ever witnessed.

I can understand thier being remaining tensions leftover from the recent hostilities, but I find Austrias stance strange. King Paddy had a right to fight back when he was attacked by Konig Bongo! All parties said they were satisfied with the peace treaty which I painstakingly drafted.

If as King Paddy suggests Lord Gunnar finds these gifted cities a nuisance to his nation then Spain would be more than willing to accomodate any cities that were no longer desired.

We strongly believe that all peolple are of value and all people deserve to be ruled by those who will honour and protect them.

Our people here in spain enjoy all the finer things of life such as libraries and universtities, even now an extensive system of hospitals are being built. All this whilst I suspect many of my neighbours are squandering away their production on yet more weapons of war.

I hope this is not true but I believe by the tone of the diplomacy to be found here my fears are justified.

Gentlemen I bid you all step down from the towers!! try to find ways to live with each other peacefully.

Lord Gunnar why can you not give a ROP to the British so they can faster remove their forces from your homeland ?

Surely then we could all get back to life with less of this tension !
Old April 9, 2004, 12:49   #416
Paddy
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Shogun Gunner
Regarding "whining about city upkeep"

I think you are stretching that a bit there, King Paddy. A simple, private, request made to you, requesting that you relocate British troops from Austria has really set you off.

Austria is a soverign nation. What further explanation must I offer? Is this really such a contentious issue?
Oh, so you are having no troubles as you earlier stated, that is good to hear...

My parliament looks to hear good reports of these lands that were entrusted to you.

You speak so highly of the cities that fell during a war you were not apart of, you stand tall on your morals, yet we hear of savagry to our troops, reported by you Lord gunner, and of your poor treatment of the cities you recieved, again reported by you Lord Gunner.

May the people look to you for mercy in the years to come Lord gunner, and may you give them the mercy they deserve.
Old April 9, 2004, 14:19   #417
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

Again, and my last diplomatic communique on this subject.

Austria's request was in line with the objective of all countries returning their troops home. We believe this to be reasonable and a simple request and one that guarantees peace.

Austria has already removed troops from Prussia, as negotiated by negotiator-without-peer, King Chrisius, and currently Austrian troops are only located in Austria.

King Paddy has successfully entered misinformation into the running diplomatic dialogue. Austria has never complained about the upkeep of any cities, mistreated any citizens (Austrian or otherwise), or suggested that any cities were a burden. British propaganda apparently.

To be clear, Austria will no longer officially reply to this displomatic exchange which smacks of British hijacked/truth altered issues, willful misinformation, and ratching up of political tensions. The Austrian diplomatic core needs a vacation as their fingers are very tired in typing these voluminous banterings of today's overly politicized Europe.

King Shogun Gunner of Austria

P.S. My mother in law will not be visiting England or any other European country. She is considering a vacation away from Europe as she tires of this endless posturing.
Old April 9, 2004, 14:28   #418
Paddy
Prince

So Lord Gunner, you are removing yourself from the table of Diplomacy... all very sad
Old April 9, 2004, 14:30   #419
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Paddy the Scot
So Lord Gunner, you are removing yourself from the table of Diplomacy... all very sad
King Paddy,

Just for this one, overworked conversation. If we have a need to discuss other diplomatic issues, my diplomats stand ready.

Cheers!

King Shogun Gunner
Old April 9, 2004, 16:48   #420
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

So, which messenger currently has the "turn" and when was the last time anyone heard of this missing messenger?