Old January 26, 2004, 16:05   #31
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 09:25
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Shogun Gunner, I need your email address.

Please sent to me at: wittlich (at) sbcglobal (dot) net. Thanks.

But until then, here is the save:

EDIT: Address received, attachment deleted.

Last edited by Wittlich; January 26, 2004 at 17:14.
Old January 26, 2004, 16:24   #32
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 17:25
Wittlich,

Ive mailed you Shogun's address
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old January 26, 2004, 17:13   #33
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Thanks Chrisius!

July, 1799AD Turn sent to Shogun.
Old January 26, 2004, 19:12   #34
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 01:25
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisiusMaximus
I got the save ok and have sent it on to Wittlich

One question Paddy, I thought this was supposed to be at Sid level ? only Im sure it said regent level when I loaded it up
I will start investigating this shortly...

all very interesting.

Old January 26, 2004, 21:42   #35
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

I started researching nationalism, are we going to share research ? if so then we need to discuss who researches what
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old January 26, 2004, 21:43   #36
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

I can have Nationalism in 4 turns...

Old January 26, 2004, 21:51   #37
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

Ok you go for it and Ill change tech next turn
Old January 27, 2004, 03:59   #38
Paddy
Prince

just to keep you aligned with the investigation into the SID / REGENT status issue.

I have looked over the initial settings, and found it was adjusted as I know how.

I have placed a request for assistance in the Civ III Help forum, at the following link.

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=107329

If any of you have any ideas, please let me know.
Old January 27, 2004, 04:02   #39
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

Well if it proves to be at regent and its not possible to change, were only on turn one, we could start again if people felt that it was necessary !

I would not mind
Old January 27, 2004, 04:30   #40
bongo
lifer
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafPtWDG Neu DemogypticaCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeIron CiversC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Just an observation: I installed patch 1.12beta yesterday and opened an old game. For some strange reason my FP city has changed from having almost no corruption at all to be totally corrupt..Good thing that game is almost won, if not I may have resorted to rude language. Now I just laughed.

Really got to read up on those patches...

About the difficulty issue, sounds like a carry-over from PTW. All PBEMs ended up being regent for some rason.
Old January 27, 2004, 05:11   #41
Paddy
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by bongo
Just an observation: I installed patch 1.12beta yesterday and opened an old game. For some strange reason my FP city has changed from having almost no corruption at all to be totally corrupt..Good thing that game is almost won, if not I may have resorted to rude language. Now I just laughed.

Really got to read up on those patches...

About the difficulty issue, sounds like a carry-over from PTW. All PBEMs ended up being regent for some rason.
Ouch, corruption is an issue.

If Napoleon is at Regent level, which would be a shame, would we as a group be then interested in taking up Big Free's offer to play Napoleon...?

With a human playing Napoleon, then the 2nd Coalition not operating under a "locked alliance" adds a whole new aspect to the game...

Chrisius has raised an idea that may correct the SID issue, I will check when the DM lets me out of the mine.

Old January 27, 2004, 09:59   #42
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 12:25
Wittlich,

I'm having trouble with the save...could you resend? Thanks.

bongo, regarding that corruption issue, that problem occurs if you patch c3c mid game. If you start a new game, with the patch in place, you don't experience such high levels of corruption.
Old January 27, 2004, 10:17   #43
bongo
lifer
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafPtWDG Neu DemogypticaCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeIron CiversC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Well, I had this vague feeling that I've read somthing like that earlier. Thanks for saving me the trouble of wading throgh those threads again

I still think it is funny to have a building that gives 95% corruption in the city it is built
Old January 27, 2004, 10:35   #44
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Game save resent to Shogun (July 1799AD).
Old January 27, 2004, 19:22   #45
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Thanks Wittlich!

Over to Paddy, King of England.

I am researching Code Civil for double speed workers.

No sign of the evil French....
Old January 27, 2004, 19:39   #46
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

If everyone posts what they are researching so I can choose something useful on my next turn
Old January 27, 2004, 19:48   #47
Paddy
Prince

Thanks for the save Shogun Gunner.

The sacred scroll for September 1799 onto Czar Pinko.

Ones boffins are Researching: Nationalism
Old January 28, 2004, 06:27   #48
dialectic2003
C3CDG Blood Oath Horde
Chieftain

Local Time: 02:25
I'm still in the throes of non-net enabled , but am able to get the turns sorted over at Paddy's.

I'm researching Medicine, but it'll take my incredibly inebriated technicians at least 31 months before I see any result. I think it may be time to restrict their access to vodka, if that's possible.

Old January 28, 2004, 06:33   #49
bongo
lifer
Emperor

I'm researching nationalism, at 6 turns...I better find something else then.
Old January 28, 2004, 06:47   #50
Paddy
Prince

yes, that would b fine Koing Bongo.

One feels that One's boffins will have this Nationalism issue sorted in 3 to 4 turns...
Old January 28, 2004, 11:34   #51
dialectic2003
C3CDG Blood Oath Horde
Chieftain

Local Time: 02:25
Turn sent to you Konig Bongo

I have withdrawn the vodka ration from my intrepid scientists. For some reason they aren't able to research anymore
Old January 28, 2004, 14:41   #52
bongo
lifer
Emperor

I've stopped wotking on nationalismus.

No sign of the french yet...
Old January 28, 2004, 14:43   #53
bongo
lifer
Emperor

Almost forgot to mention that the save was sent to Rey Crisius.
Old January 28, 2004, 15:35   #54
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

Thanks Bongo, played and sent to Wittlich.

To my esteemed Allies! I have to report to you all that we have made first contact with the French. Our southern fleet whilst patrolling the waters around and near the Balearics and Corsica, spotted a French fleet of 2 Frigates.

My brave sailors did not hesitate and sent one of the French vessels to the bottom of the sea. Unfortunately The Santa Maria was just out of range to aid her sister ship in the attack but we are in pursuit and hope to engage again within the coming months.

If you have Naval assets in the region we would be most appreciative of any assistance you may be able to render.

Finally on land we have yet to see any French troop movements. We are sending all spare forces to secure the Pyrenees mountain passes. As soon as our miliatary training facilities can turn out enough of our young men, transformed into efficient fighting units we will send an expeditionary force accross the ranges and into France.

We estimate the build up to last for approx 2 years, our heartfelt thanks to King Paddy, the troops you have stationed in and around Spanish territories are a welcome sight. Please do not let your boys feel unwelcome in our hospitality, our home is their home, but we ask that your men remain respectful especially to all the Senoritas.

Adios for now,

Chris
Old January 28, 2004, 19:34   #55
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Sep, 1799AD Turn sent to Shogun

With the Spanish sighting of French Frigates, I have directed my scholars to begin researching a thing called "Seapower."
Old January 29, 2004, 07:51   #56
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

Nov 1799 to Paddy.

I must sadly report a loss in my first battle with Napoleon.

I was attempting to fortify a mountain range northwest of Venice when French cavalry crashed through my defenses, wiping out my beloved troops, taking cannon and workers as booty.

Needless to say, I was in my own lands when the French crossed the border, attacked our position and defiled the pure Austrian soil.

Last seen, the French took their booty and retreated back to France.

King Paddy, I sent one Hussar to support the Milan area. I witnessed a horrible clash on the west side of the city. Your British troops bravely held off the French at Milan.
Old January 29, 2004, 08:20   #57
Paddy
Prince

Nov 1799
Thank You Shogun Gunner.

My commanders in Milan have reported the actions of your Hussars.

Napoleon is a scoundral, yet we knew that.

He is trying hard to invade my beautiful isles.

The war is to be on British soil as well.

Over to the Czar of the Russia's

Paddy and the Scots
Old January 29, 2004, 08:27   #58
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

King Paddy as soon as the troops are mustered and in place we will open up a new front for the French dogs to maintain, namely the Pyrenees
Old January 29, 2004, 08:32   #59
bongo
lifer
Emperor

To: King Paddy of England

Note about research.
While we are currently building our military as fast as humanly possible, we are still in no state to fight the french. Even defending our own territory would be difficult should they choose to attack. Thats why we need nationalism as fast possible. If memory serves me right, you are but 3 turns away from this powerful tech. If you could speed your research by running a deficit we would be more than happy to throw in a few bucks ourself to keep your coffers sufficently filled.
Old January 29, 2004, 08:34   #60
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

Ditto Ive reduced my tech rate to gat more gold for troop rushing. I would be glad to share this wealth with the great nation of England