Old February 15, 2004, 12:45   #151
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 09:26
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Mar, 1801AD Turn sent to Shogun.

Shogun, Thanks for Code Civil. Our Empire will have Seapower in 8 turns from now.

King Paddy, yes your cannons are apprieciated - however, whould you be so kind as to hold off on bombarding until I'm a few turn away from landing? I want to give my troops something to do after their long voyage!

Concerning the naval blockade - I concur, move the bockade back one tile and give the populace of Marsielles some place to harvest some food - after all, we're not against the French populace but rather the evil that is Bonaparte.

As King Paddy has already noted, a second force is already forming for a cross-country campaign - my Ottoman Knights (Sipahis) will be heading out of Ottoman controlled territory in the next few turns. Once this force gets closer to French territory, they will need directions from the Coalition as to where on the front they can be used or what region needs reinforcing/relief.
Old February 15, 2004, 14:57   #152
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 17:26
It is good news to know that your lads will soon be in the field with us Sultan.

whilst they are here we shall provide them with bibles and see if we can enlighten them a little
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old February 15, 2004, 19:10   #153
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 12:26
First, the Austrian empire would like to thank you, King Paddy for your generosity concerning Milan. My Chief of Staff tells me that the large, native Austrian population calls Milan "home". They will be overjoyed in rejoining the larger Austrian community.

König Bongo: My Austrian accountants tell me I must express our gratitude in helping the empire "balance the books". I must invite my good neighbor to the north, to a fesitival in your honor, König Bongo, here in Vienna once the war is over! Cheers!

I have switched science research from Advanced Tactics to Espionage. My CTO has reported successful project completion in five turns.

Military Objectives:
The South of France is crowded with Allied armies. I have sent urgent communiques for several Austrian regiments in the SE France theatre to redeploy towards the two staging areas in Northwest Austria. I am planning a two pronged attack on Belfort, France.

Sultan Wittlich, perhaps your troops travelling overland through Austria can take over my flank positions near Turin. See indicated areas on the map held by the courier who has delivered this message to you. Please accept our invitation to use the Austrian roads, but we ask that you respect the Austrian freuleins and crops as your travel through our lands.

This can help us both and the greater Allied military objectives. My troops can rejoin the main Austrian army as it marches on Belfort and Orleans applying pressure on another French front.

Because King Paddy's Redcoats and the brave Spanish troops of King Chrisius, we Allies have a firm grip on Northern Italy/Southeastern France. I submit to you that we should press the attack on all available fronts! Your troops can link up with the Ottoman amphibous forces near Marseilles and move out on the French from there. Perhaps after you conquer Marseilles, then Valence and Lyons? I await your reply to this proposal. Hurrah!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	belfort campaign.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	64406  
Old February 16, 2004, 02:24   #154
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 01:26
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Please accept the technology of Advanced Tactics

Through a series of daring and stupid raids some more of France has fallen: Brussells; Boulogne and Vallance.

This has left my armies stretched and possibly unable to hold the lines that we have created. I have over extended myself in several areas. At this time, I have a lot of tired and very worn out troops. For this, please accept my plea for help.

My Lord Jackson,
The roads from Amsterdam to the front have been cleared to allow your troops to leap frog mine in this action into the Paris district.

My Lord Gunner,
Good luck with Belfort, your troops are well placed for a victory in this area. To assist you in getting these units into place, my Ministry of Colonial Affairs would like to hand to you, the Lord of Austria, the Keys to the City of Turin.

My Lord Bongo,
To assist you in getting these units into place for your attack on Oslo, my Ministry of Colonial Affairs would like to hand to you, the Lord of Prussia, the Keys to the City of Skagen.

My Lord Wittlich,
My cannons are coming into line with Marsielles. And my Naval forces are stepping back as discussed. To assist you in getting your units into place, my Ministry of Colonial Affairs would like to hand to you, the Lord of the Ottoman Empire, the Keys to the City of Palmi.

My Lord Chrisius,
Well done sir, well done. The garrisons of Bordeaux will be quite concerned looking up into the mountains and seeing your cavalry sitting in their traditional positions.
Old February 17, 2004, 10:20   #155
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Quote:
Because King Paddy's Redcoats and the brave Spanish troops of King Chrisius, we Allies have a firm grip on Northern Italy/Southeastern France. I submit to you that we should press the attack on all available fronts! Your troops can link up with the Ottoman amphibous forces near Marseilles and move out on the French from there. Perhaps after you conquer Marseilles, then Valence and Lyons? I await your reply to this proposal. Hurrah!
Sounds like a good plan, mi'lord Gunner.
Old February 17, 2004, 10:26   #156
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Quote:
My Lord Wittlich,
My cannons are coming into line with Marsielles. And my Naval forces are stepping back as discussed. To assist you in getting your units into place, my Ministry of Colonial Affairs would like to hand to you, the Lord of the Ottoman Empire, the Keys to the City of Palmi.
The generosity of the British kingdom is limitless! With the City of Palmi, Ottoman forces can be farried across the straight and travel up the Italian mainland - shortening the cross-country movement time drastically!
Old February 17, 2004, 12:04   #157
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Hi there, does anyone know who has the save at the moment?
Old February 17, 2004, 12:41   #158
bongo
lifer
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafPtWDG Neu DemogypticaCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeIron CiversC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

I do, will play in minutes
Old February 17, 2004, 12:58   #159
bongo
lifer
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafPtWDG Neu DemogypticaCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeIron CiversC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

To Rey Chrisius.

King Paddy;
Thanks for Skagen and advanced tactics. I've sent some gold to cover part of your expenses.

I still got severe problems with resistance. I really hope it will be sorted out in time for the liberation of Oslo. I Believe I will land in Vestfold in 4 turns time.
Old February 17, 2004, 13:14   #160
Paddy
Prince

Konig Bongo,

Thank you for the infusions of Gold. They are much needed.

At some stage I need to discuss with you and the Iron Prince the issues of Northern France. Have you heard from the Prince lately, I have not recieved any word, just that his armies are marching as you read this. As you may be aware, my troops dared to push the boundaries back and were sucessful in liberating two cities in the north, yet I do not think I can do that again for some time.

I would also like to discuss what we are going to do about Gustav and the country of Sweden. Do you have any plans at this stage regarding this?

Your humble servant,
Paddy
Old February 17, 2004, 13:48   #161
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

All quiet at Montauban
The populace of the recently aquired city is calming down nicely and getting back to work now. there has been little of import happening this season in and around the pyrenees region.

Our expeditionary force to Milan has been mauled again from what we see, now only consisting of a badly injured cavalry brigade after the loss of two full brigades of soldado's. we do however believe that they have been instrumental in drawing the enemy fire away from other more substantial forces in this region.

We ask you all to pray for the souls of our brave lads who have willingly laid down thier lives for this cause.

we see that Napolean has an Injured imperial cavalry division in the Montauban region, we believe that King Paddy's lads have given them a taste of their own medicine, King Paddy we salute you and we thank you humbly for the latest technology you have gifted to us
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	may 1801..jpg
Views:	71
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	64557  
Old February 17, 2004, 17:44   #162
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

May, 1801AD Turn sent to Shogun.
Old February 17, 2004, 20:14   #163
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Lord Paddy, thank you for turning over Turin to the Austrian empire. What an unexpected surprise! The Austrian people are overjoyed with the success of the Coalition. Also, many thanks for the Advanced Tactics scientific advance! Please accept the gold we have delivered to London.

Sultan Wittlich, my border guards report long columns of Sipahis travelling over the Ottoman/Austrian border going north to Venice. My interior minister reports major congestion on the road network around Venice. Please be patient as we sort through the traffic problems. Priority orders have been issued from Vienna to speed your troops to the front.
Old February 17, 2004, 22:40   #164
Paddy
Prince

I have dug in, and look to the east, to the Iron Prince for his long awaited troops...
Old February 18, 2004, 04:10   #165
bongo
lifer
Emperor

What to do with sweden then?

What do we know about his strength? My guess is that it isn't that great, judged by the fact that he already made a plea for peace. Without prior combat.

I will have 4 troop transports available in skagen in 3-4 turns. I intend to take oslo first and then cross the border to sweden.

How are things looking at the Preusso-franco border? After the victory in Denmark fresh troops have been sent to Hannover/Hamburg. I will resume sending them north next turn in a preparation for an attack against Sweden.
Old February 18, 2004, 04:46   #166
Paddy
Prince

Hello Konig Bongo,

Sounds like you will storm the gates of Oslo.

Do you know if the Iron Prince is planning on attacking Sweden?

On the Preusso-Franco Border the RedCoats are still holding the line. I have seen quite a large Russian force coming across country, and a unit of Cavalry on the roads. Do you know the Iron Prince's plans for this area? I did sent some troops into Austria, but the Lord Shogun Gunner has his borders under control, so they will be dropping back towards Prussia.
Old February 18, 2004, 05:00   #167
bongo
lifer
Emperor

I have not discussed the matter of sweden with the Iron Prince in some time, and then not in much detail, but my impression were that he would keep a guard against them but not much more.
Old February 18, 2004, 05:30   #168
Paddy
Prince

Ok so that just leaves our combined forces, as you may have noticed I have unloaded the forces from Skagen outside of Husqvarna. I will bombard this city and may even attack it, but basically await your troops from the Oslo Adventure.
Old February 18, 2004, 14:28   #169
Iron Jackson
C3CDG Blood Oath Horde
Prince

I´ll play my turn in a few minutes.
Troops are already on their way to the north of Sweden.
Actually it was Gustav who´s responsible for the start of my GA.
2 or 3 turns more and there will be enough troops to start an attack.
Old February 18, 2004, 18:25   #170
bongo
lifer
Emperor

Resistance in Skagen has now ended, while the resistence in vejle and København are dwindling.

I'll land my first troops(8 units) southwest of oslo next turn. Followed by another 8 the turn after that. I don't think my forces will fill a third landing....
Old February 18, 2004, 19:03   #171
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

Forward to Battle
Friends!! a major road building development has finally reached completion through the Pyrenees mountain range to connect mainland Spain directly with Montauban. This has resulted in a massive economic boost to the area and all trade goods widely available in Espana can now be purchased in Montauban's very own market square.

Naturally this has greatly improved the mood of the French speaking populace, and has also encouraged Spanish migrants to settle their. Further improving stability and security within the region.

A second and more poignant benefit to our nation, is the increased manouverability this development poses for our armed forces. As you will see from the charts attached to this despatch, we now have in place sizable assets in place ready to undertake a siege and assault of the French city of Bordeux.

We had not anticipated being ready quite so soon, but as you can see we have every confidence in our assured victory in the coming months.

King Paddy we await your further insyruction and remain as ever your staunch Ally.

Good luck to all our Glorius allies in their upcoming trials, may the Lord God be with you all.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	troops ready!.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	64687  
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old February 18, 2004, 19:17   #172
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

July, 1801AD Turn sent to Shogun.
Old February 18, 2004, 22:37   #173
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

The battle for Belfort has commenced. French cavalry attacked my northern column killing two Hussar regiments. The two French cavalry will be dealt with next turn. Nothing will stop the Austrian army from seizing it's objectives!!!

Sultan Wittlich, my Interior Minister informs me that the roads around Venice have been cleared. In order to extend our hospitality, please enjoy a latte as you pass by Venice! Cheers!

Sept 1801 AD to King Paddy.
Old February 19, 2004, 01:10   #174
Paddy
Prince

My troops consolidate and look to their wounds.

Sultan Wittlich, a private communication has been sent to you regarding the fate of Florence.

Lord Iron Prince,
The roads are open for your armies.

Lord Chrisius,
You have a mighty Army there, my cannons have started to bombard the city. I bid you success in your attack.

Lord Gunner,
Tally Ho old chap. The battle is yours. Your troops do look so distinguished as they pass my on the road to France.

Last edited by Paddy; February 19, 2004 at 01:15.
Old February 19, 2004, 18:42   #175
bongo
lifer
Emperor

I just landed eight units SW of Oslo, more troops are waiting in Denmark....

This will be my last round for a while as I am going on a holiday, if you want someone to replace me, please let me know.
Old February 19, 2004, 18:44   #176
Paddy
Prince

How long will you be gone
Old February 19, 2004, 18:45   #177
bongo
lifer
Emperor

I'll be back sunday, but only for the night, I'll be away for a week after that.
Old February 19, 2004, 18:45   #178
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

Austria can "look over" the Prussian cities when you are away...

But when you get back you may find the Austrian empire has doubled in size

Old February 19, 2004, 18:48   #179
bongo
lifer
Emperor

Better not tell you that the PW is 'gaiman' then
Old February 19, 2004, 18:53   #180
Paddy
Prince

well I got lost on that