Old March 2, 2004, 03:40   #211
Iron Jackson
C3CDG Blood Oath Horde
Prince

Local Time: 17:26
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Paddy the Scot

and as the fool heckled you, my Household Guard charged Paris from the North... please feel free to visit the once proud city of Paris, and take home as much as you can carry

Troops are ready to take the remaining swedish cities in one or two turns.

-> Bongo
Old March 2, 2004, 18:31   #212
bongo
lifer
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafPtWDG Neu DemogypticaCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeIron CiversC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Not much left of paris now are there

Hmmm, I think I bring home a coouple of rocks anyway

Some of my troops are resting in Oslo, while others have just crossed the swedish border. Only for scouting, my cannons need upgrading before I can attack.
Old March 3, 2004, 18:05   #213
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Farewell Napolean
Lords Allies, the evil dog Boneparte is deceased!!

No more shal his stench blow across Europe! My Lords Victory is ours!!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	france falls.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	66143  
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old March 3, 2004, 18:17   #214
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 01:26
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Fare thee well in thy parting

May the winds of time sweep the minds of your foes

May your name be forever spoken in awe

Let them forever remember the world trembled to one name

Napoleon
Old March 3, 2004, 18:18   #215
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Save sent to the Sultan May 1802AD
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old March 3, 2004, 19:06   #216
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 09:26
May, 1802AD Turn sent to Shogun.
Old March 3, 2004, 20:29   #217
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 12:26
July 1802 AD to King Paddy.

Well, the Austrian Empire is finally at peace. Yes, technically we are at war with Sweden, but it appears Russia and Prussia have that small situation well in hand.

Thank you Sultan Wittlich for Seapower and thank you King Paddy for the gold, which was not required, nor expected, as you have been generous with the spoils of war and the scientific advancements your scientists have achieved.

Perhaps now, I will remove the real Austrian leader from stasis and engage my personal transporter device, in order to instanteously move through time and space to another world, another civilization....beset with new challenges and opportunity.

Shall we program our devices simultaneous to the same destination? If so, what world shall we descend upon??? Perhaps we won't be such good friends in the upcoming contest!!!!
Old March 3, 2004, 21:12   #218
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

onto Iron jackson

I need to come back later with my reply Lord Gunner...
Old March 4, 2004, 10:58   #219
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Congratulations Emperor Paddy!!!! That didn't take long to go from King to Emperor!!! You are a busy man on Apolyton.

Old March 4, 2004, 16:33   #220
bongo
lifer
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafPtWDG Neu DemogypticaCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeIron CiversC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Wow, you're busy

Is all the PBEMs and demo games

Preussian troops are pushing further into sweden, don't expect an attack on any cities until 3 turns from now as my troops has just healed and upgraded.
Old March 4, 2004, 17:55   #221
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

Save on to Sultan Wittlich, July 1802.

Thank you Sultan for the technology and for the trade

Good Luck to our Russian and Prussian allies in their upcoming battles with Gustav.
Old March 4, 2004, 18:12   #222
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Jul 1802AD Turn sent to Shogun.
Old March 4, 2004, 21:42   #223
Paddy
Prince

So the Battle for Napoleon is over, and we will see Gustav the Rogue in chains in the coming months.

Would this team of players like to:

1. Finish this game, that is slug it out between us.

2. Start a new game of this Scenario, but have a person, such as Big Free, play Napoleon.

3. Start a new game of this Scenario, but have a person, such as Big Free, play Napoleon. This time with no locked alliances...

4. Start a brand new scenario.

5. Start an Epic game.

edit: forgot to add one, so added what is now point 1.

Last edited by Paddy; March 4, 2004 at 23:18.
Old March 4, 2004, 22:58   #224
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Well, I myself, am easy (watch it! ) - I will go with the majority.
Old March 4, 2004, 23:11   #225
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

September 1802 AD over to EMPEROR PADDY!

Nothing to report. The Austrian Army drinks too much and forgets to keep the campfires burning....

Looks like Paris has been leveled and now is the NATO Cavalry Proving Grounds. See the graphic as the Austrian, English and Prussian calvary sharpen their skills in competition!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	cav proving grounds.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	272.8 KB
ID:	66252  
Old March 4, 2004, 23:19   #226
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

I'm easy also (and yes, I mean it that way) Seriously, like Wittlich, I would go with the majority.

I offer up two things to discuss:

Its possible with even a human player playing the French, France will still fall quickly under the combined weight of the allies. So, if we play this scenario again, it should be with NO locked alliances.

I'm also open to another scenario or an epic game...however...if we go this route, let's do something unique and unusual. I don't want to play a small map, average temp, average moisture, continents, 4 mil years ago, avg barbs, with everyone picking their fav civ. Let's try capture the flag, or regicide...or an unusual map situation, whatever...something creative.

Bottom line, this is a great group of PBEM'ers, so I would welcome the opportunity to play another round with you all.
Old March 4, 2004, 23:32   #227
Paddy
Prince

We are getting some ideas now...

onto the Iron Prince
Old March 5, 2004, 03:54   #228
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

Hi,
Ive talked to Paddy a few times about an all seafaring game on a huge edited archipelogo map.

By huge I mean 300 x 300 or bigger and with vast strings of islands some closely grouped others isolated.

Of course the map has to be random or one of us will know its entire layout, but the size is easy enough to edit.

Its just a rough idea at the moment and I would appreciate feedback and suggestions on how to improve the concept.

I too have really enjoyed this game and look foeward to the next adventure with this crew
Old March 5, 2004, 04:40   #229
Iron Jackson
C3CDG Blood Oath Horde
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisiusMaximus
Hi,
Ive talked to Paddy a few times about an all seafaring game on a huge edited archipelogo map.

By huge I mean 300 x 300 or bigger and with vast strings of islands some closely grouped others isolated.

Of course the map has to be random or one of us will know its entire layout, but the size is easy enough to edit.

Its just a rough idea at the moment and I would appreciate feedback and suggestions on how to improve the concept.

I too have really enjoyed this game and look forward to the next adventure with this crew
This idea sounds faaaaantastic.

Map size is o.k. as well. We´ve got 7 seafaring civs in the game (Byzantines, Carthage, England, The Netherlands, Portugal, Scandinavia and Spain).

As you know I was only the substitute for Dialectic2003 in this game so if I may join in as a 7th player I´d love to play another game with you fantastic guys.

-> Save to Bongo
Old March 5, 2004, 12:49   #230
bongo
lifer
Emperor

I discussed another idea with Paddy a couple of weeks ago. An epic game with a slightly modified archipalego map. Modded so the AI (3?) start close to each other and have their own good island. Humans start further out, on smaller islands. All islands within reach of triremes and plenty of naval chokepoints.

Or just a good old random everything epic game

Oh, finished off one of Gustavs modern musketmen.
Old March 5, 2004, 13:00   #231
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

I like a modified arch map with lots of islands, geography detail...SURPRISES (like the naval chokepoints, etc). That sounds interesting.

Maybe I haven't worked with the editor enough to know.... you can set the parameters and features without knowing how the map looks?
Old March 5, 2004, 13:14   #232
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

@ Shogun Im not sure about that but I bet Paddy would know!

Save sent to the Sultan Sep 1802
Old March 5, 2004, 13:41   #233
Paddy
Prince

Yes you can do all the mods with out looking at the map...
but the map is just there,,,,,

you need to turn the mini map off prior to anything...
do all your mods..
then save it all
then generate the map
then save it again,,,
then get out of there,
and not open it again...
Old March 5, 2004, 13:54   #234
Wittlich
lifer
Deity

Sep, 1802AD Turn sent to Shogun.
Old March 5, 2004, 14:41   #235
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

Okay, I'll play when I get home from work....

Wittlich, do you work from home???? Lucky dog.

Paddy, do you ever sleep? Sleepy dog.

Well, I'll cast my vote for the current idea....if everyone agrees, we could get started quickly. Of course, we will still finish the current game... Someone's gotta capture Gustav from his hole in the ground
Old March 5, 2004, 14:54   #236
Paddy
Prince

Sleep, a mild by-product of a society that is transfixed with death...
Old March 5, 2004, 14:54   #237
Paddy
Prince

Sleep, a mild by-product of a society that is transfixed with death...
Old March 5, 2004, 15:32   #238
Iron Jackson
C3CDG Blood Oath Horde
Prince

@ Bongo:

There is a problem with your proposal of 3 AI. Due to the fact that only 8 players can participate in a PBEM you´ll have to kick out 1 (or 2 if you count me in too) of the players currently participating.
Old March 5, 2004, 15:52   #239
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

Lack of sleep, the leading cause of double posting on 'Poly and misdirected unit orders in Civ
Old March 5, 2004, 15:54   #240
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

Iron Jackson, the game is being modded, so the number of players can be increased when building the map/scenario.

I believe everyone is in agreement to keep EVERYONE together for the next game.

*EDIT* Just realized we are talking about PBEMs.... Is that 8 PBEMers a hard limit? Certainly we don't want to have any AI at the expense of players....