Old March 5, 2004, 18:10   #241
bongo
lifer
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafPtWDG Neu DemogypticaCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeIron CiversC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 17:26
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Have to check if there is a limit...

I was just playing with the map editor when I came up with the idea. The basic point is to give the AI an good start so we would get a hard time beating it.

This still leaves the question of what kind of game we wants. Are we just out to whop some AI ass or to play a good old 'last man standing' game?
Old March 5, 2004, 19:28   #242
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 12:26
Over to Emperor Who Doesn't Sleep:

Nov 1802 AD
Old March 5, 2004, 20:13   #243
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Lord Paddy, your royal email has reported an error and the royal save has been returned to me. I have resent, with all due haste, the royal save to your attention.
Old March 5, 2004, 20:28   #244
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 01:26
Local Date: November 3, 2010
8 is the max... which is crazy but well. hmmm

onto Iron Jackson
Old March 6, 2004, 11:40   #245
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

sent to Wittlich

Nov 1802
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old March 7, 2004, 00:47   #246
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 09:26
NOv 1802AD Turn sent to Shogun.
Old March 7, 2004, 03:30   #247
Iron Jackson
C3CDG Blood Oath Horde
Prince

Dialectic 2003 is also interested to participate in our new game but it will take another 2 weeks until he's back in action.
Old March 7, 2004, 03:40   #248
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

So to, Johann the wild Spaniard, would like to join a C3C game soon ...

That would give us 8 players. Montgomery Burns would be rubbing his hands together in glee, just picturing the mischieve he could get up to with such a Band of Roughnecks at his disposal

It will good to see the dialetic back in action. I am glad you stay in touch IJ.

So will 8 be a worthwhile crew to rumble the jungle in our next adventure? I like the idea myself.
Old March 7, 2004, 05:13   #249
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Im ok with that
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old March 7, 2004, 05:14   #250
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

Can I vote for Byzantines now, sorry if I step in too quickly, but as you well know the early bird gets the worm
Old March 7, 2004, 06:22   #251
Iron Jackson
C3CDG Blood Oath Horde
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisiusMaximus
Can I vote for Byzantines now, sorry if I step in too quickly, but as you well know the early bird gets the worm
Hmm, with 8 players in the game we have the problem that the 8th player won´t have a seafaring civ unless we change a trait of another civ.
I´d like to have the Vikings.
Old March 7, 2004, 06:48   #252
Paddy
Prince

yes that is a dilemma...
does anyone have a solution to only 7 naval civs...???

we could adjust another civ to have naval capabilities...
the hassle with this is once you enter to edit the rules, all sorts of wild and weird things can happen.

(earlier in this game, I had an invisible / Stealth Cav unit that could not be seen by either Chrisius or I. It was not until I sent a unit onto that tile that the cav unit finally appeared. It is understood that this was due to the editing of the rules...)

hmmm

I so want to be the English...

anyway, There are 7 of us here in this game at this time (that includes Dialectic) so maybe it is best if we leave it at that for the Seafaring game.
Old March 7, 2004, 09:06   #253
bongo
lifer
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafPtWDG Neu DemogypticaCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeIron CiversC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron Jackson

Hmm, with 8 players in the game we have the problem that the 8th player won´t have a seafaring civ unless we change a trait of another civ.
I´d like to have the Vikings.
But, but, but, I would also be a viking

Just give me a randon civ then....
Old March 7, 2004, 09:38   #254
Paddy
Prince

hahaha

well there is another theory...

Which will enable us to have all 8 players as seafaring nations.

Two or three players could play the same Civilization, just a different branch of the same people group... not like that has not happened time and again on our own planet... (we have two China's at this time on our planet)

then we change the colour of one tribe, (and even the names if really needed)

So the Iron Prince and Konig Bongo could both then be Viking tribes... and thus so could someone else...

we could be so mad as to have an 8 player viking world... opps getting just a little carried away there... I need my pills and some whiskey

ahh much better

so do you like that idea???
Old March 7, 2004, 11:07   #255
Iron Jackson
C3CDG Blood Oath Horde
Prince

Paddy that´s a fantastic idea. I think with the Byzantines, the Vikings and the English the best civs are already chosen.
You can divide the Vikings for example into Norwegians (), Swedes and Danish Vikings. Or the English into Scottish, Welsh and British English.
Old March 7, 2004, 19:13   #256
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

Wow, I suggested that we be creative in planning our future game, in an earlier post, and everyone did just that!

I like the idea of three base seafaring civs broken into eight civs

Byzantine base: Byzantine Empire and Roman Empire
English base: Brits, Scottish, Irish...
Scandy base: Danish, Norwegien, Swedish

Thanks for save, Sultan of Swing...over to Mr. Paddy Redcoat
Old March 7, 2004, 19:37   #257
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

great idea Paddy
Old March 7, 2004, 20:02   #258
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

though I chose byzantines earlier I would love to play a game of 8 viking clans. A sort of confederation of Vikings, who can act independantly of each other and be at war or at peace but always belonging to the federation.

It would be nice to have some AI to rape and pillage too but this 8 players only thing is a problem there.

Oh well it should be a fun game what ever we choose to do.

if we go all viking it would be good to disable all techs after invention say or no further tham middle ages not allowing cavalry and muskets, thus ensuring all combat be done the true viking way with axes and warhammers
Old March 7, 2004, 20:53   #259
Paddy
Prince

well if we were really bad we could:

have 8 even islands that are all the same.
all evenly spread .
as we should all know each other anyway, being the same people.
not start with embassies.
but a pic of the map emailed to each of us.
we would still need to search.
and are not sure which island who is on etc

Then we would have a game of players not so much the civs
Old March 7, 2004, 21:48   #260
Paddy
Prince

Please note that I have started a new thread to continue the discussion of a new game

I will transfer our chats over to there.
Old March 8, 2004, 02:05   #261
Paddy
Prince

Thanks for resending that Shogun

Onto the Iron Prince
Old March 8, 2004, 16:17   #262
bongo
lifer
Emperor

Will be ready for first attack on stockholm next turn. I have 5 artillery pieces there by now, they should be able to make a dent in the defence Fired two shots for practice and the effect were good, two swedish troops wounded.

Unfortunately is the turn order such that the russian cossacks cannot take advantage of my heavy guns as the swedish troops will have time to heal in between.
Old March 8, 2004, 17:29   #263
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

January 1803 sent to Wittlich
Old March 9, 2004, 08:05   #264
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

King ChrisiusMaximus: Thank you for Medicine!

I have sent Military Logistics to everyone. Not much science left to research!

March 1803 Save to King Paddy.
Old March 10, 2004, 01:04   #265
Paddy
Prince

Thank you Lord Gunner for this tech.

Onto the Iron Prince again
Old March 10, 2004, 16:44   #266
bongo
lifer
Emperor

Stockholm has fallen!! Only light casualties on my side and an outdated artillery piece was captured. It was promptly upgraded so it can be turned against Gustav next turn

Thank you very much Vice Zsar Iron Jackson for softening up the target for me

Still some swedish troops left in the open, they will be dealt with next turn when my artillery are ready for some more action

King Paddy, I would like you to sign a RoP so I could move my troops faster towards Gustavs last city.

Sultan Wittlich, hope this cash is enough for a trade deal on silks
Old March 10, 2004, 18:01   #267
Iron Jackson
C3CDG Blood Oath Horde
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by bongo
King Paddy, I would like you to sign a RoP so I could move my troops faster towards Gustavs last city.
For me, too.
Old March 10, 2004, 18:07   #268
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

March 1803 sent to the Sultan
Old March 10, 2004, 18:17   #269
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 09:26
Mar 1803 Turn sent to Shogun. When will Gustav be put out of his misery?
Old March 10, 2004, 18:36   #270
bongo
lifer
Emperor

I can land some 10-12 units outside his last city next turn, my bigger stack needs at least 2 turns to move down from the north.