Old January 21, 2004, 20:24   #1
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 12:33
Local Date: November 2, 2010
APRIL 1948 Elections!!!!!!!!!!!!
OK first of all my apologizes for the delay, I got very busy late last week and was out of town for the weekend until yesterday. Hopefully the parties have continued organizing in my absence.

Here are the rules agreed to in the how to have elections thread:

Quote:
We have an election thread that you can vote in. Its simple you just post in that thread which party you vote for.

If an individual is concerned about privacy they send an email to the three or four "election judges" you have to have at least one judge from each party. You post in the thread that you have emailed your vote.

The only people that are eligable to vote are persons that are on the official party list of the three parties. are persons that are members of the civgroup

At the close of the election the "head Judge" tabulates the posted and the emailed votes and then posts them in the election thread.

The other judges then post either concurrance or non concurrance with the results in the election thread.

The Election thread is ONLY for:

1. Announcing the election with a brief description of how it works.
2. Posting your vote.
3. Posting that you emailed your vote.
4. The Head Judges results
5. Concurrance or non concurrance from the other judges.
6. If non concurrance repeat steps 4 and 5 until concurrance (unanimous) or the election results are declared invalid.
7. Any posts not filling one of these requirements is deleated by one of the mini mods.
As a reminder you are to vote for a party. There are currently three:

-One Israel
-Center
-Harmony

Please see the party threads for more info on each party.

You can post your vote here or if you prefer to keep it a secret then PM or email the post to me (since the President is the Election judge) and one member of each party who will act as assistant judges and check each others works:

Current Judges:
President: conmcb25
One Israel Judge: PinkyGen
Center Judge: TBD
Harmony Judge: TBD

NOTE: I NEED TO KNOW WHO THE CENTER AND HARMONY JUDGES ARE GOING TO BE ASAP SO IF CITIZENS WANT SECRET BALLOT THEY CAN VOTE!

Ill vote next to give an example of how I want you to post your vote here if you desire.

See PinkyGen's Basic Laws Thread for elections are counted and how a new Knesset is formed.

See How should we do Elections Thread for how we debated and finally decided on how these elections should be run.

NOTE: We are only going to count the votes of someone who has joined a party or the CivGroup or both.

Last edited by conmcb25; January 21, 2004 at 20:33.
Old January 21, 2004, 20:26   #2
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

conmcb25 votes for One Israel Party

(Note everyone this is all I want you to post here, anything else will be deleted. Go to the "People of Israel Thread" for comments or politicing on the elction.)

Election comment thread is HERE!
Old January 21, 2004, 20:29   #3
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 17:33
yaroslav votes for Centre Party.
Old January 21, 2004, 22:05   #4
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 02:33
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Crimson Sunrise votes for One Israel.
Old January 21, 2004, 22:26   #5
PinkyGen
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: Exodus
Prince

Local Time: 16:33
Pinkygen votes for One Israel.
Old January 21, 2004, 23:15   #6
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 13:33
El Awrence votes for One Israel!
Old January 22, 2004, 00:57   #7
Nilat
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStates
King

Stalin II/ Nilat Bolshevik votes for the centre party!
Old January 22, 2004, 01:45   #8
POTUS
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusMacCivilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 08:33
Location: How could I possibly not have a Mozambican flag, I mean, what other country has an AK-47 on their flag?
One Israel.
Old January 22, 2004, 10:21   #9
Sparrowhawk
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 11:33
/me votes for the Harmony Party
Old January 22, 2004, 13:15   #10
Arthedain
staff
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation

Local Time: 18:33
One Israel
Old January 22, 2004, 17:58   #11
Pap1723
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Local Time: 10:33
I vote for One Israel
Old January 23, 2004, 08:36   #12
Nilat
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStates
King

PAP?!

EDIT: Im sorry, I forgot its not allowed to post a thing like this. Delete!
Old January 23, 2004, 14:44   #13
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

One Israel.
Old January 24, 2004, 10:12   #14
Stefan Härtel
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Harmony Party.
Old January 24, 2004, 11:52   #15
EmuGod
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II PBEM
Prince

I vote for the Centre Party.
Old January 28, 2004, 16:49   #16
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Well technically elections should have been over as of last night.

I have not recieved any PM or email votes and Cneter party did not get me an election judge.

Ill keep the election open for a total of 9 days.

If anyone has missed voting please vote soon. If anyone wants a private ballet please PM:

conmcb25
Stefan Hartel
PinkyGen

And the three of us will be election Judges.

So the cut off will be 23:30 GMT on thursday the 29th of January.

So please vote in the next 25 hours or so if you have not voted.

And whether a mod is available or not to close the thread tomorrow, any votes recieved after the cut off will NOT be counted.
Old January 30, 2004, 18:09   #17
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

ELECTION RESULTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did not recieve any voting PM's or Emails.

PinkyGen and Stefan please confirm that you did not recieve any PM's or emails. Thanks!

From the Thread:

One Israel: 8 votes
Center Party: 3 votes
Harmony Party: 2 votes.

PinkyGen and Stefan please examine the votes and concur or not concur with the results please.

Thanks!

NOTE: These are NOT official until the other two judges confirm these results!!!!!!
Old January 31, 2004, 03:44   #18
PinkyGen
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: Exodus
Prince

I have received no PM's indicating private voting.

I would also like to congradulate my fellow members of One Israel for their success in recruting support in our effort, and to the people of Israel for their apparent support for One Israel policy. We shall not disappoint you, and we shall achieve victory!!!!
Old January 31, 2004, 04:00   #19
Nilat
King

Congratulations One Israel party!
Old January 31, 2004, 04:58   #20
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Congrats, One Israel.

I'll close this thread as soon as Stefan will confirm the results.
Old January 31, 2004, 11:19   #21
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by yaroslav
Congrats, One Israel.

I'll close this thread as soon as Stefan will confirm the results.
Thanks Yaro

Can you double check me on the math for the Knesset seat division?

I think it should be: (Assuming Stefan certifies the results)

One Israel: 3
Center: 1
Harmony: 1

I just want to be sure and would be happier if another party member would double check that.

Thanks my friend and hurry back you will be missed here, elsewhere and everywhere!
Old January 31, 2004, 12:45   #22
yaroslav
Emperor

Yes, I agree with the math. A seat cost 13/5=2,6 votes, so One can get 3 and Center 1. The 1 seat free is given to the Harmony because is the closest to have one entire seat after giving 3 to One and 1 to Center
Old February 2, 2004, 14:46   #23
Stefan Härtel
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Results confirmed, and no PM votes went in.
Congratulations to One Israel.
I think I'll have a word with my party, as we didn't even get as many votes as we have party members.
Old February 2, 2004, 15:00   #24
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Stefan Härtel
I think I'll have a word with my party, as we didn't even get as many votes as we have party members.
Great and thanks Stefan, looks like the results are official.

Sorry about the second part, I did extend the voting by 48 hours hoping we would get more participation.

Unfortunately it did not work too well.
Old February 2, 2004, 16:30   #25
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

1 more vote for Harmony.
Old February 2, 2004, 16:55   #26
yaroslav
Emperor

With 1 more vote for Harmony we've

8 for One
3 for Harmony
3 for Centre

Cost of a seat = 14/5=2.8

Then 2 seats goes for One, 1 for Harmony and 1 for Centre and the remaining votes are

One = 8 - 2.8*2 = 2.4
Harmony = 3 - 2.8 = 0.2
Centre = 3 - 2.8 = 0.2

So the remaining seat goes for One Israel, making the result not affected

One Israel 3 seats
Harmony 1 seat
Centre 1 seat.
Old February 2, 2004, 17:37   #27
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 13:33
Quote:
So the cut off will be 23:30 GMT on thursday the 29th of January.

So please vote in the next 25 hours or so if you have not voted.

And whether a mod is available or not to close the thread tomorrow, any votes recieved after the cut off will NOT be counted.
Old February 2, 2004, 17:40   #28
yaroslav
Emperor

I believed that the "1 more vote for Harmony" of BK meaned a error in counting the votes, no one new vote. However, it doesn't matter, becuase even if the vote is counted the seat distribution is not modified.

I'm still waiting for Stefan to post here in order to close the thread.
Old February 2, 2004, 17:42   #29
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Javier

I think you missed it, Stefan posted earlier today.

The results are now "Official"
Old February 2, 2004, 17:43   #30
yaroslav
Emperor

Quote:

I missed this post, sorry all.

So the elections are set and the results

3 seats for One Israel Party.
1 seat for Harmony Party.
1 seat for Centre Party

is confirmed and the thread is closed.

Congrats to the parties involved and a big THANK YOU for those who voted. You're the reason it's called a "demogame"