Old January 22, 2004, 16:34   #1
theCzar
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Chieftain

Local Time: 16:35
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Location: I live In a house, near a long strip of tarmac leading to some shops, do you know it?
Who's Going to Win?
I've attached a save game file from a multiplayer game I'm playing with my friend, it's not patched, so plasma cannons are prevalent and lethal.

I've renamed the file .sav to trick the forum, you'll have to rename it .gam again for it to work, you can start from the patched version in a hotseat game.

I'm the green bulraithi on the bottom, he's the purple humans on the top, we're linked by an extremely tactical wormhole from Atsui to "Bulraithi DMZ" (named by my cynical friend)

I've got the tech and i'm on the attack, he's got more ships (not as good as mine) and probably better industry, but he's been forced on to the back foot by some luck and skill on my part!

have a look and tell us who you think is going to win?
Attached Files:
File Type: sav save10.sav (203.1 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by theCzar; January 22, 2004 at 16:40.
theCzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23, 2004, 12:24   #2
P-K
Warlord

If u go down the wh u will capture some planets. But Bulrathi have very powerfull fleet. Much more powerfull then urs. He has also more research then u.

My comments :
1. U should play with 1.31 patch with INITIATIVE ON !
2. Both of ur bb design arent good. They are slow and have low defence which makes a plasma cannon a real killer.

Good luck anyway.

PK
P-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23, 2004, 21:21   #3
Whoha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Morgan
Emperor

Local Time: 11:35
Damn all of those ships are about 300 points over weight.
Whoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24, 2004, 09:04   #4
theCzar
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Chieftain

Location: I live In a house, near a long strip of tarmac leading to some shops, do you know it?
NOTE: I AM the bulraithi...

in the patched version, the ships are overweight, and i would imagine next to immobile.

this is because the mighty plasma cannon was crippled by the patch, a heavy mount p c (with no miniturization) went from 20 units to 50 units of space. If i remember rightly there were 16 on the "Goi's Pride" Design, so the patch would have increased the weight by some 320 units over the limit.

they're plenty fast enough in the version we're playing, and I'd rather have a few extra cannons than defensive systems, because you can load ships defensively, but they go down just as quick to plasma cannons, the best defense is a good offense, as H.A. and R.H. are soooo heavy, and class V sheilds and neutronium are new techs, yet to be implemented. the only sys i'd really consider are augmented engines as they make my beloved cannons more lethal

we're playing the unpatched version because when the game was started a few weeks back, i was the only one who had experiance using it, and we decided it would give me an advantage.

As to intiative, i'm unsure of it's function, does it influence who goes first in a bust up? this would indeed be of a lot of use. The new "first strike" design has stealth fields which allow me to go first, hopefully they'll make the difference...

the filthy human empire has started making excuses for its capitulation...
Old January 24, 2004, 10:25   #5
Commenus
Settler

Curse those Handsome Human Devils, Looks like the decadent Bulrathi Empire is on the ropes !

Throw yourself on their infinite mercy now and spare your people the Death Sporeish Hell that surely awaits !

Whatever chances you had were lost when you ilegally occupied The Bulrathi DMZ and thrust its noble Human population into chains. That system is cursed and now so are you. How do you suppose the Valiant Human fleet was lost with all hands to Bulrathi savages the turn after dismebarking the system!? Oh yes, such a fate awaits you ten times over, you have been justly warned!

The Human Empire is a peaceful and benevolent entity, it desires nothing but good relations with its neighbours.

However know this Bulrathi Dog: the populations of Rhodesia, Ssla and Rutilicus will be avenged ! this is a conflict perpetuated by your own selfish and self-righteous quest for greater glory and it shall be your downfall !

Yours
Concerned Impartial observer
Commenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24, 2004, 12:59   #6
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 12:35
Bravo
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24, 2004, 13:10   #7
Whoha
Emperor

The Human ships have stabilizers and bscanners, so they probably have the advantage due to hit first. you will probably have to make the space to put a battlescanner on each of your craft to compensate for what he did.
Old January 24, 2004, 13:12   #8
Whoha
Emperor

stealth fields don't effect initiative, only speed/% to hit with beam weapons.
Old January 24, 2004, 13:32   #9
P-K
Warlord

Initiative is most important thing in battle. Playin without makes battles totaly nonsense. Cos u will never know who will strike first. And witch these ships u have guys, attacker will definitly win.

Ur ships still are badly designed.

PK
Old January 25, 2004, 18:29   #10
theCzar
Chieftain

i'm playing a S.P. game on the patched version with init. on, it certainly makes things more interesting from a ship design point of view...

my new Titan "Imperial" has got it's attack rating up to 297 (moleculartronic, battle S, +50 race pick, Loknar) and with augmented engines, it always goes first, but's firepower is not as impressive, with just 6 hv DR's, compomise is needed i suppose, and better weapons than crappy DR's, we hates them.

the next game will certainly v1.31
Old January 26, 2004, 12:24   #11
P-K
Warlord

1.31 with initative is a RIGHT choice ! It changes whole battle system into much more balanced. U will notice that ur old designed ships arent so good now. Man who moves first has an advantage, man who moves twice can win battle in a really impressive way.
If u guys like patches ? I offered latest patch for u with readme file. Look !

PK
Attached Files:
File Type: zip 140b12patch.zip (16.7 KB, 12 views)
Old February 6, 2004, 12:33   #12
theCzar
Chieftain

For the record, I won, despite stealth fields totally reversing the standard defender wins formula of the plasma cannon age, and last, desperate "Ardennes" style offensive by the humans.

With the loss of the human fleet, Emperor Justinian, thinking of his people, wisely chose to surrender to avoid a violent bloodbath.