Old January 22, 2004, 21:46   #1
SirOsis
Civilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 17:35
Local Date: November 2, 2010
PTW generated SGL
I'm playing a PTW PBEM game with my brother and we switched to C3C to take our turns. Imagine my surprise when I found I generated a SGL. Makes me wonder if there will be any other surprises down the road.

Is it known if the civ traits remain the same in PTW or switch to C3C traits if you take turns with C3C?
SirOsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22, 2004, 23:36   #2
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 12:35
Not sure, but about 8 civs had their traits changed by C3C, so who knows how it will behave.
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22, 2004, 23:42   #3
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 11:35
weird.
asleepathewheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22, 2004, 23:45   #4
Kuciwalker
Deity

Old January 23, 2004, 04:26   #5
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 04:35
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Re: PTW generated SGL
Quote:
Originally posted by SirOsis
I'm playing a PTW PBEM game with my brother and we switched to C3C to take our turns. Imagine my surprise when I found I generated a SGL. Makes me wonder if there will be any other surprises down the road.

Is it known if the civ traits remain the same in PTW or switch to C3C traits if you take turns with C3C?
I am not surprised that you generated an SGL when you switched to Conquests. If you load a savegame from PtW or vanilla Civ3 in C3C you will see the change in corruption for the different versions for example, so it is clear that the new rules go into effect.

You would be the best person to tell us that last bit about civ traits What civ are you playing? If it is a civ that has had its traits changed (eg Vikings, Iroquois), then you should be able to see if they are starting to get the different effects. My feeling is that the change of rules is TOTAL, so you would see the changes. Also you may notice the new Wonders appear in the build queues, even if they are long obsoleted.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
MrWhereItsAt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23, 2004, 04:44   #6
Gramphos
staff
Civilization III MultiplayerC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV: MultiplayerAge of Nations TeamC4BtSDG Realms BeyondCivilization IV Creators
Technical Director

Local Time: 18:35
I would suspect that Civ trait assignments aren't changing soince rules are embedded in save files.
Old January 23, 2004, 13:16   #7
SirOsis
King

I am playing the Mongols and I don't think their traits changed to C3C. My brother is playing Carthage and I did notice he did not have an additional move on his ships. So the traits are likely not changed.

It will be interesting to see if the MGL can rush wonders or not. I don't have one yet but maybe in a few turns...
Old January 23, 2004, 13:38   #8
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 11:35
Quote:
Originally posted by SirOsis
It will be interesting to see if the MGL can rush wonders or not. I don't have one yet but maybe in a few turns...
I demand your supply of furs and incense as well as the secret of music theory, or else I will inform your brother of your nefarious plot to eliminate him!
asleepathewheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23, 2004, 13:45   #9
SirOsis
King

That plan is in full effect in the Mesoamerican game we are playing. As the Aztecs I am warmongering my way. Unfortunately I bribed the Toltecs to attack him which they agreed to but the next turn the Toltecs were attacking me. Guess he bribed them a little more.

The other game we are cooperating. He had a real bad start in jungle and I could have taken him out early but there would be no fun in that. We eliminated France early and he just finished off Spain. I'm dealing with the Babylonians on one side of my empire and the Aztecs on the other.
Old January 23, 2004, 15:25   #10
Kuciwalker
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Gramphos
I would suspect that Civ trait assignments aren't changing soince rules are embedded in save files.
That's a good point. Nothing in the .bi* would be changed, only stuff in the code.