Old January 23, 2004, 18:38   #1
ERKUTHER
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Chieftain

Local Time: 08:43
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Patching SMAC and SMACX
First off, I would like to thank everyone who posts in these forums. With the wealth of info posted here I've been able to beat the computer with every single faction in SMACX and SMACX at the Transend level! (though it took a few tries to reach transcendence with Cha Dawn )

I've been looking at the patches on the firaxis site and there’s a 2.0 patch for SMACX and also a 2k/XP compatibility update for SMAC. My question is, do I need to load both of these if I'm using SMACX, or do I just need the 2.0 update for SMACX ? (I'm running 2K)
The date on the compatibility update is much later then the 2.0 date, but I 'm surmising the compatibility update is mostly updating issues with XP. Does anyone have any additional information regarding this?
Old January 23, 2004, 19:08   #2
Kaboth
Chieftain

Local Time: 02:43
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Well I use it SMACX on XP and I didn't need the compatibility patch even though I downloaded it. Only some people who have trouble need it I'm told. Though likely if you havn't already done so you will have to change the forceoldvoxelalgorithm to =1 in the alphacentauri.ini file. I actually had version 1 of Smac and I had no problems on XP. As soon as I put smacx planetary pack on I needed to change that line. If you istalled planetary pack you should already have version 2.0.