Old January 27, 2004, 20:25   #121
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 10:03
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Smiley
Around my campus ya see ads offering cash for sperm/egg donations. Does that also take place in the UK?
interesting thing to note here is from what I heard on the radio (and everything on the radio is true ) a recent court ruling in the UK has said that children born from donated sperm or eggs do have the right to seek out their parents. Although now there is a disclaimer stating such on the papers you sign when donating.
Old January 27, 2004, 20:32   #122
Gibsie
Civilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 17:03
I love the way the article bolds the fact she is a lesbian. Like, ewwwwwwwww, she's a lezzer!
Old January 27, 2004, 21:12   #123
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Quote:
News of the World isn't a real newspaper, is it?
Its real, as in you can buy it in the newsagents, but its in the same league as National Inquirer - it carries all the Elvis sightings and so on...

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old January 27, 2004, 21:14   #124
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 12:03
Quote:
Originally posted by Dissident
I would suspect men want virgins because they will never have to live up to all the woman's previous men. There is a lot less pressure to perform. And by being a woman's first one, there is less of a chance in theory, of a woman leaving you. Because if she is young, she may become attached to you. Although I fail to see how that is a good thing .

But being with a woman who's had many partners. You have to be better than every other partner she has ever had. Not only sexually, but in all areas. If not, she will leave you in search of someone better.
Agree wholeheartedly.

And I know, I married a virgin. No, ahem, size worries or technique deficiencies from her pov. (at least I don't think that. I am concerned about her watching so much sex and the city. Orgasm, what's that?)
Old January 27, 2004, 21:54   #125
Ned
King

Local Time: 09:03
Quote:

I'm not sure what you are asking. I have never been married. The women I've been with were not virgins. Not even close.
But, you see, there are two kinds of women.
Old January 27, 2004, 23:12   #126
Oncle Boris
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 13:03
Several things:

First, I think she looks quite good. At least, better than the artificially busted pr0n stars.

Second, reds is just plain wrong. If she can't pay for her studies, then her parents are obviously not helping her financially.

Third, I think this may be a hoax anyway. I couldn't find her ad on ebay, and not even her 'separate' website.

And yeah, she could be prostituting herself in a normal agency and make, say 100 pounds an hour... but if she is truly virgin, then getting 10 000 L for it is a brilliant move. It will spare her the trouble of satisfying 100L/hour customers.

Flip: I don't see the point. Why should life be hard? If we can make it easy for everyone, why not? Where does your logic end? To the point children should be unfed so that they learn 'true' life (which anyway can be as 'true' as we wish it to be).
"Now you're gonna ask me, is it an enforcer's job to drop the gloves against the other team's best player? Well sure no, but you've gotta know, these guys, they don't think like you and me." (Joël Bouchard, commenting on the Gaborik-Carcillo incident).
Old January 28, 2004, 00:25   #127
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 01:03
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Quote:
I would suspect men want virgins because they will never have to live up to all the woman's previous men. There is a lot less pressure to perform.
That's me
Old January 28, 2004, 02:09   #128
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Quote:
I do. Same reason I wait for my wife. I'd like to share the moment with her.
So you think all the men that want to have sex with this virgin want to 'share the moment with her'?

COME ON!!

If this woman wasn't a virgin she wouldn't nearly get the same attention. Why? We have two (reasonable) possibilities: 1) Less pressure to perform since there is no comparision, 2) tighter down there (why do you think so many men are interested in anal sex?).

"Sharing the moment" is not, IMO, a motivating factor for those dropping bids on her.
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old January 28, 2004, 02:14   #129
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Quote:
2) tighter down there (why do you think so many men are interested in anal sex?).
And how would I be able to verify something like that? I think that they do want the moment, especially if they remember their own first time.
Old January 28, 2004, 02:20   #130
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Quote:
I think that they do want the moment, especially if they remember their own first time.
Sorry Ben, but I think you are being highly naive. For one, a great number of men who lust after virgins haven't "sharing the moment" their first time (they are doing a woman who has already had sex).
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old January 28, 2004, 02:25   #131
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 01:03
Local Date: November 3, 2010
@ Imran
Old January 28, 2004, 02:26   #132
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Quote:
Sorry Ben, but I think you are being highly naive.
I can think of worse areas to be naive.
Old January 28, 2004, 08:36   #133
Elok
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Did some searching. I don't remember it, but if you want her official sales-office URL, search AskJeeves News for "Rosie Reid." There's an article there that mentions her professional URL...
"May I be forgiven for the ills that I have done/Friends I have forsaken and strangers I have shunned/Sins I have committed, for which others had to pay/And I haven't met the whiskey that can wash those stains away."
-Brady's Leap, "Wash."
Old January 28, 2004, 09:59   #134
curtsibling
staff

Local Time: 18:03
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski

Its real, as in you can buy it in the newsagents, but its in the same league as National Inquirer - it carries all the Elvis sightings and so on...

-Jam
But delivered with an air of British authenticy...
Old January 28, 2004, 11:48   #135
Gibsie
Emperor

I've never actually seen the newspaper report an Elvis sighting. It's more kiss 'n' tell footballer stories.
Old January 28, 2004, 12:27   #136
:) Smiley
Emperor

Local Time: 10:03
Quote:
interesting thing to note here is from what I heard on the radio (and everything on the radio is true ) a recent court ruling in the UK has said that children born from donated sperm or eggs do have the right to seek out their parents. Although now there is a disclaimer stating such on the papers you sign when donating.
I dont believe they have this in required in the USA yet, though some places give you the option of letting the kids know where they came from after they're adults.
Old January 28, 2004, 15:21   #137
Elok
Emperor

Quote:
(why do you think so many men are interested in anal sex?)
I always chalked that up to mental illness or a deficient imagination that prevents them from just jerking off rather than exploring a hole full of fecal detritus. I mean, I can understand with homosexuals, but if you're looking for a small hole, date a frigging midget. Ugh.

Anyway, to get this sorta on-topic, what puzzles me is that this chick is willing to have straight sex despite being a lesbian. Presumptively, actual sex has no more appeal for her than getting backshafted holds for me, so she's essentially asking to be raped for money. Or maybe not, I don't know how lesbians think.
"May I be forgiven for the ills that I have done/Friends I have forsaken and strangers I have shunned/Sins I have committed, for which others had to pay/And I haven't met the whiskey that can wash those stains away."
-Brady's Leap, "Wash."
Old January 28, 2004, 16:08   #138
Gibsie
Emperor

The definition of rape isn't "having sex with someone you are unattracted to" though.
Old January 28, 2004, 17:12   #139
Monk
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 19:03
Elok, how could that possibly puzzle you? She'll be getting ten thousand pounds! For that kind of money I'd engage in just about any kind of sexual activity. Given the offer and thinking about it for a minute, I'd assume most people would.
Old January 28, 2004, 17:18   #140
Ben Kenobi
Emperor

Quote:
Given the offer and thinking about it for a minute, I'd assume most people would.
I certainly would not.
Old January 28, 2004, 17:22   #141
Monk
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

I certainly would not.
Are you completely sure? Let's extend the offer to a million dollars like in that movie. You'd really turn down that regardless of the good all that money could bring you and your loved ones?

I feel like the guy in The Fountainhead who paid people to go against their convictions in order to test their principles.
Old January 28, 2004, 17:28   #142
Elok
Emperor

You say you'd do anything, but have you ever seriously contemplated doing it? Presumptively, this girl has, and she's in essence going to contractually obligate herself to a sexual act she has no interest in. Even if she gets cold feet, chances are good she'll get screwed anyway, if the guy was so aggressive he was willing to pay that kind of cash for the experience. Even if that line about how the idea seems fine is true, I'd say she has at least 50-50 odds of getting serious PTSD in exchange for her tuition. Not advisable.
-Brady's Leap, "Wash."
Old January 28, 2004, 17:41   #143
Ben Kenobi
Emperor

Quote:
Let's extend the offer to a million dollars like in that movie
All this is meaningless, a chasing after the wind.

Quote:
You'd really turn down that regardless of the good all that money could bring you and your loved ones?
Deontologist vs. Utilitarianism. Would they want to use the money earned in this way?
Old January 28, 2004, 17:43   #144
Monk
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Elok
...not advisable.
No, I haven't seriously contemplated offering my body in exchange for cash, because I'm a pretty ordinary-looking male and as such, nobody's going to pay me £10.000 for thirty minutes of sexual services. If I'm mistaken here, I'd like to be notified immediately.

You have a point that she might not realise what might happen as a result of all this, but your fifty-fifty assumption does sound a bit pessimistic to me. No statistics in hand, it doesn't seem likely that fifty percent of sexually concious and aware women who ever exchanged sexual favours for material goods - contractually or otherwise - would suffer a PTSD.
Old January 28, 2004, 17:48   #145
Elok
Emperor

Well, this girl is a virgin, young, and does not seem to have given the idea careful thought to judge by her quotes. So the "sexually conscious and aware" bit is debatable.
-Brady's Leap, "Wash."
Old January 28, 2004, 18:00   #146
Monk
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Elok
Well, this girl is a virgin, young, and does not seem to have given the idea careful thought to judge by her quotes. So the "sexually conscious and aware" bit is debatable.
She's not a virgin, she's in a sexual relationship with another woman. She's lost her virginity already and the fact she's an out-of-the-closet lesbian does suggest she's been doing a good deal of personal reflections on her sexuality. I don't think her age is that significant either as long as she's an adult. Naturally though, as I don't know her personally, these are all just assumptions on my part.

How'bout we throw a surprise party for Ben Kenobi? We'll need a variety of drugs and fallen women.
Old January 28, 2004, 18:03   #147
Chemical Ollie
King

She's quite cute, but I bet she's a bad fack. Virgin AND lesbian - not experienced and not interested in the guy who pays. Who would pay 10000 quid for a lousy one-night stand?

At least she got her 15 minutes of fame, regardless of how this turns out.
Old January 28, 2004, 18:10   #148
Monk
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Monk
...because I'm a pretty ordinary-looking male and as such, nobody's going to pay me £10.000 for thirty minutes of sexual services.
Of course, "pretty" was an adverb, not an adjective. Language is fun!
Old January 28, 2004, 23:46   #149
Ted Striker
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 09:03
I would NOT hit it.

Mis Novias
Old January 29, 2004, 01:25   #150
Ben Kenobi
Emperor

Quote:
How'bout we throw a surprise party for Ben Kenobi? We'll need a variety of drugs and fallen women.

At least I've given you a start with the women.