Old October 19, 2004, 14:58   #331
Mr. Harley
Prince

Local Time: 13:08
Local Date: November 2, 2010
2138 to Lal
Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.
Mr. Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20, 2004, 12:27   #332
binTravkin
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 Data AngelsCivilization IV PBEMApolyton UniversityMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 20:08
fwd
-- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
binTravkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20, 2004, 16:39   #333
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 19:08
to UNI
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
t_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22, 2004, 14:46   #334
Mr. Harley
Prince

2139 to Lal
Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.
Old October 22, 2004, 21:59   #335
Mart
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansACDG3 CMNsC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

2140 to Gaians.
-----------
We have 4 decades behind.
I must admit that this game is not a very lucky for me. Lost 3 scouts during exploration due to mw attacks. Have you noticed that SMAC is somewhat more iclined for native life appearance compared to SMAX? Or it's my impression only.

I have seen only a little bit of the map, but judgeing from the continent shape I like it very much. AI grow all the time. They are really quite tweaked. Spartans have already 2 SP.
Mart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23, 2004, 04:26   #336
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

if they get too problematic we can always help each other beat their ass. though I've never seen an AI win a game.
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old October 23, 2004, 05:33   #337
Mr. Harley
Prince

I don't know about you folks, but while I'm stuck with blackmailing Believers, she has a fairly narrow area well fungused over which she has to attack me. At this point I have a nice little area to turtle in, and once one of us gets the Empath Guild we can do some swapping. Plus I'll have another story in about two-three turns.
Old October 25, 2004, 13:27   #338
binTravkin
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 Data AngelsCivilization IV PBEMApolyton UniversityMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Passed on to Hive
-- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
Old October 25, 2004, 13:47   #339
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

and on
Old October 26, 2004, 11:13   #340
Mr. Harley
Prince

2140 to Lal
Old October 26, 2004, 19:29   #341
Mart
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansACDG3 CMNsC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

2141 to Gaians
Old October 27, 2004, 05:35   #342
binTravkin
Emperor

2141 to Hive
Old October 27, 2004, 06:47   #343
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

turned on
Old October 28, 2004, 15:58   #344
Mr. Harley
Prince

Turn to Lal
Old October 28, 2004, 20:58   #345
Mart
Emperor

2142 to Gaians
Old October 29, 2004, 03:40   #346
Mr. Harley
Prince

Here's the next installment from the annals of the Morgan combine, trying to rationally explain certain game tactics in role-playing terms.

CEO Morgan was dressed in yellow supervisor's coverall and a hardhat with a multilink. He strode up to the ramp where the famous "white elephant" was being disassembled. He hated this. He would have to admit he was wrong. He knew it was good management, and he knew it would increase the respect his subordinateds had for him. It still sucked. "Good morning, Herr Speer."

The man in the chief engineer's yellow and orange overall, holding a clipboard server, looked up. He was in his fifties, a big beefy bald hunk of a man. He was overweight, but you wouldn't want to fight with him, there was still plenty of muscle underneath. He smiled, his face flushed red, dimpling. "See, direktor, it worked. I told all of you it would." He smiled triumphantly, not gloating, just happy that after years of interdepartment fights and constant rumors and sarcastic remarks, he had been vindicated. "The disassembly is going wonderful."

They both looked up. Armor plates were being removed from the rover chassis, and the machine tools and construction equipment that had been aboard the pod were being unloaded. Herr Speer beamed at CEO Morgan. "All of this will be usable for the Planetary Transit System. I know we are going to have some inefficiencies, but it will save us a decade off completion of the special project."

CEO Morgan shook his head. The fights had been fierce over use of the two salvaged materials pods. One group had wanted to make additional Network Nodes, to speed up research. But the other had pointed out that large amounts of materials that were available would be wasted, unusable for constructing a new node. Instead they suggested making Rover Colony Pods, which they already had blueprints for, and essential convert them to depot use. As soon as the researchers did their work, the engineers could complete the special project in a couple of years.

He hadn't believed it, but the Engineers had convinced the accountants and researchers, He could have overridden the vote, but he eventually wanted a democracy in place. It was the only chance Jade had, she could never compete if Morgan Industries had become an authoritarian corporate state when he died. He shuddered, thinking about security chief Hugh Orde.

He had one more question. "Herr Speer, what about the personnel? I've seen the new marraige and birth numbers, but how did you do it?"

The man looked over sheepishly. "Your frauline, she can be very persuasive." Speer saw the expression come over Morgan's face. "No, no, not like that at all. If one listens, she is a very smart frauline. She made me swear not to tell anyone until after we had succeeded."

There was silence as Speer trailed off. Finally CEO Morgan told him, "Alright, explain away. I may as well find out from you, if this is what I think it is, she's going to be insufferable."

"When we were fighting in the boardroom, she came to me with this offer." Speer continued. "If I insist on the crew all being empath qualified, you know what they call trancers, then she would get me the votes of the researchers. I went along with it. She is very clever."

Speer looked at Morgan's expressionless face before continuing. "So now that we are decommissioning the pods, she has taken the very talented young people and started a matchmaking service. I remember you always telling us to use what we know, and make money with what you are good at, and she is very good."

Morgan looked puzzled. Speer continued. "She is young and has had, how do you say it, turbulent personal life. No, no let me finish," he said, holding up his hand as Morgan's expression clouded over. "She knows very hard it is for young people to find good person, so she takes these trancers and starts matchmaking service. Some go to Gaians, they really more green than we here, some come from Gaians, want more choice and freedom. Works good, more marraiges, less divorces, more little ones getting in the way." He finished with a big smile. "My Bertha finds herself a young man last year, one of first clients. They are big happy, and I have a grandson."

CEO Morgan gritted his teeth, forced a smile, and clapped him on the shoulder. "You've done well. The Planetary Transit System will be operational next year, and the, umm, dating service Jade started is going to give us the baby boom we need to take advantage of it. That's what a good executive does, recognizing when his boss is wrong and working around him. I'm quite sure your subordinates have done it with you, and now for once I'm on the receiving end. I don't enjoy it, but the two of you did great!"

CEO Morgan strode off. He muttered to himself, "I don't know whether I should kill the girl, lock her up, or just turn the boardroom over to her." Then he smiled. Since his wife had died, he'd had dalliances, but nothing really permanent. "OK, little lady, let's just see how good you are." He pulled up his comppad, and accessed his alternate personality, the one he used when he wanted to be incognito.

He accessed the website, and the message chimed over his earpiece, "Trance matchmaking, to find the one who entrances you." He smiled, this was going to be fun.
Old October 29, 2004, 09:17   #347
binTravkin
Emperor

->
Old October 30, 2004, 02:28   #348
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

reload?

turned on...
Old October 30, 2004, 02:32   #349
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

A day in the former operators life – part I

Ring…ring…ring…
What the hell is that noise in my dream?? Hoo F%&#, it is working morning again (if you can call 4:00AM morning)….ring…ring….humm yeah I think I should stop this F%&# clock before it makes me crazy!!
BOOOM! Crash…
Ok, I think it was a little hard this time, I’ll have to buy a new one.
Now let me see if I have all my parts here after the fungus vodka party last night…well, I seem to have three arms…I’m sure that’s one too much, but who knows? Wait! It might not be mine! Let’s open one of my eyes and check….yep, there seems to be some one in my bed... There’s definitely some one in my bed!!
-Do you always wake up at four in the morning after a party?
Ho my god! It speaks!! I’m sure I just heard it speaking!! Let’s see…who is she? She’s the red hair girl from the party…well…at least she has red hair and she seems to have been with me at the party.
-Good morning Tany.-Well…who knows, I think I speak too , and it even sounded like a complete sentence.-We have to go for some fungus today…-hou my head! I don’t remember speaking to be such a painful task.-You can keep on sleeping here for today, I’ll be back in a few days, so just lock the place after you leave, I have a spare key.
-You know if you leave a key to lock I’ll have to come back….
Ho yeah, they all think the same way…well, I guess I could have her once more can’t I?
-I guess you’ll have to…- I swear I tried to smile, I really did.
Now let’s try to move the upper part of my buddy a way from the pillow…ok, let’s try again… wow, I don’t remember being a way from the pillow to be so high! Don’t worry, I think I’ll get used to it in just a few seconds.
-Ok, so I’m going back to sleep, don’t make too much noise.-like I could….
Now…I think this tow long parts below my bottom should be taking me somewhere, I just don’t remember where, or how to get on top of them.
Maybe if I think real hard something will happen….yep, I’ll fall asleep again.
Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that’s good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha that and of course the fact the commissar said so…
Well…It seems I’m on my feet (yes I DO remember how they are called).
Now just a little walk to the shower and from there I’m done.
Old October 30, 2004, 12:04   #350
Mr. Harley
Prince

Old November 1, 2004, 05:23   #351
binTravkin
Emperor

Quote:
reload?
Yeah, but not a real one, because I didn't even type the password, but somehow game says it's "a reload"
Old November 1, 2004, 05:25   #352
Mart
Emperor

I had such cases on ocasion. Bugs...
Old November 2, 2004, 14:02   #353
binTravkin
Emperor

so? where's the turn?
Old November 5, 2004, 13:09   #354
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

is some one holding the turn?
Old November 5, 2004, 20:26   #355
Themonger
Chieftain

Local Time: 12:08
the last turn Ive had is 2142, and I sent that on the 31st of last month, did you get that one shawn?
Old November 6, 2004, 12:58   #356
Mr. Harley
Prince

I'll post the last turn I sent out.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip girls lal 2142.zip (82.1 KB, 1 views)
Old November 8, 2004, 06:02   #357
Mart
Emperor

2143 to Gaians
Old November 8, 2004, 13:41   #358
binTravkin
Emperor

2143 passed on some time ago
Old November 9, 2004, 10:05   #359
Mr. Harley
Prince

2143 to Lal
Old November 9, 2004, 18:19   #360
Mart
Emperor

No luck. Please resend.....
--------
Just arrived

Last edited by mart7x5; November 10, 2004 at 03:41.