Old August 24, 2004, 02:04   #241
Mart
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansACDG3 CMNsC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 19:08
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Thank you
2129 to Gaians.

================

"Brother, this is Intius reporting, from communications"
"Let him through"
"This is Intius, Brother, I do not have good news today"
"What happened?"
"I lost contact with eastern scouting unit. Their last communication was very similar to that we lost years ago. I think worms got them."
"Have you tried to reestablish communication?"
"I am doing it all the time"
"Please continue, I'll be there in a minute. Thank you for your report."

So it did happen again. Despite their new strategy of avoiding dangerous fungus. That was very unexpected.
"And we thought we were prepared"

================

They gathered around a bed in the Headquarters Hospital, on which was laying one of few survivors of horrible recent mindworm attack. A doctor allow them to speak to him. An man around 55 years old, one of the officers in the unit, born on Earth.

"Can you talk?"
"...."
"If you cannot talk, we can meet again later?"
"No...I can... talk"
"Where was the attack? Have you entered fungus area?"
"No, we didn't. Fungus was south... worms came... from plains"
"Do you know of any other suvivors?"
"No I was running till I faded. It was complete surprise"

The doctor approached.
"He is heavily drugged, please ask nothing that might make him nervous"
"I think that would be all for the time being".

Mindworms attack from area free of fungus. That becomes more dangerous. Certainly something must be done about it.

Last edited by mart7x5; August 24, 2004 at 04:41.
Mart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25, 2004, 05:37   #242
binTravkin
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 Data AngelsCivilization IV PBEMApolyton UniversityMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 20:08
Sorry for delays - illness struck me!

Turn passed on
-- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
binTravkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25, 2004, 10:47   #243
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

worms got you too?
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
t_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25, 2004, 11:11   #244
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

turned on
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old August 25, 2004, 16:44   #245
Mr. Harley
Prince

Local Time: 13:08
2129 to Lal

=========================================

To : CEO Jade Morgan, McMorgan resturaunts

From: Dewey, Cheatem, & Howe advertising agency(with apologies to Car Talk)

Reference : New advertising campain for grand opening in the Gaian colony.

It's not easy being Green. (catchy techno beat starts playing in background)

Tired of soy burgers? Salad got you down? Does tofu all taste the same? Try the newest sensation at Gaia's landing, McMorgan's. We serve the Morgan Burger, tasty beef combined with genuine cheesefood. A generous helping of Jade's special sauce will complete the culinary experience. Stop being Green, even if it's only for one meal! At McMorgan's.

Quick, rapid voiceover – techno beat slightly louder, words barely understandable (the Gaian physicians board has determined that the entire menu at McMorgan's is unhealthy, and will substantially impact your health and lifespan. Studies conducted by independent physicians have found inconclusive correlation, and state that in moderation eating at McMorgan's can be part of a daily heatlhy lifestyle. Consult your physician if you have underlying problems with heart disease or obesity)
Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.
Mr. Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25, 2004, 17:19   #246
Mart
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansACDG3 CMNsC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

2130 to Gaians
Old August 30, 2004, 11:08   #247
binTravkin
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 Data AngelsCivilization IV PBEMApolyton UniversityMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

2130 to T_Ras

Shawnmcc, your stories are good but don't forget about gameplay - we had a deal a few turns ago, now it has been delayed for 2 turns..
-- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
Old August 30, 2004, 15:10   #248
Mr. Harley
Prince

Guilty as charged, I got so caught up in that I forgot to check my diplomatic screen (I did delay the first turn, so I wouldn't have to pay extra for my next tech - but I still should have gotten it this turn). I promise I'll get it next time.
Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.
Old September 3, 2004, 02:25   #249
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

turned on!
Old September 3, 2004, 20:39   #250
Mr. Harley
Prince

2130 to Morgan - and I remembered my diplomatic screen this time! (no stories)
Old September 4, 2004, 01:18   #251
Mart
Emperor

2131 to Gaians
Old September 6, 2004, 12:35   #252
binTravkin
Emperor

2131 to Hive

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to mention - had 1 reload (did one unwanted thing, nothing changed in the turns - no pods popped, no fights etc.)

Last edited by binTravkin; September 6, 2004 at 12:57.
Old September 6, 2004, 12:59   #253
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

try not to do these things please
Old September 6, 2004, 13:00   #254
binTravkin
Emperor

Ok, ok they don't happen to me often..
Old September 6, 2004, 13:02   #255
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

turned on
Old September 7, 2004, 05:29   #256
Themonger
Chieftain

Local Time: 12:08
Turn on

Had a computer restart mid turn, just so everyone knows ><
Old September 7, 2004, 18:11   #257
Mr. Harley
Prince

Thermonger, you sent me your turn. Please resend.
Old September 8, 2004, 01:35   #258
Themonger
Chieftain

DOH
Old September 9, 2004, 04:49   #259
Mr. Harley
Prince

Turn to Lal - someone did this in another game I'm playing, I don't know the etiquette but I received the notice that the Spartans SP - the Command Nexus is nearing a breakthrough.
Old September 9, 2004, 04:51   #260
binTravkin
Emperor

Yeah!
anyone who has any such global message, should post it here!
Old September 9, 2004, 05:53   #261
Mart
Emperor

2132 to Gaians
Old September 9, 2004, 06:05   #262
binTravkin
Emperor

2132 to T_Ras
Old September 11, 2004, 16:42   #263
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

mongered
Old September 11, 2004, 22:11   #264
Themonger
Chieftain

just got my turn, Ill be sending it in a few hours, when I get to a computer I can actually play on :P
Old September 12, 2004, 06:16   #265
Mr. Harley
Prince

2132 to Lal
Old September 12, 2004, 08:05   #266
Mart
Emperor

2133 to Gaians
============
Peacekeeping Forces proudly announce loss of a third unit to native planet life
============

What he was holding in his hands was a net made from sturdy wires equiped with several electrodes. For someone who would not know the purpose of this device it might take a while to guess it.
"So you put it on your head?"
"Yes, Brother. The power unit is here with backup. You wouldn't wanna loose it near worms... Would you like to try it?"
"No, not today." Brother Mart refused.
From descriptions of testing unit members 'trance helmet' required a lot of time to get used to. And controlling the trance was not an easy task. So this will save lives of his people exploring that unfriendly world. Recent reports counted already three mindworm boils near the bases. It's time to face the problem more firmly.

Last edited by mart7x5; September 12, 2004 at 08:20.
Old September 12, 2004, 13:03   #267
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

Old September 13, 2004, 11:42   #268
binTravkin
Emperor

Turned on

------------
Spartans have built Command Nexus
it makes their next military units all veteran at start and elite when they get Adv Mil Algos!
Old September 13, 2004, 12:15   #269
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

f@#$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old September 13, 2004, 12:17   #270
binTravkin
Emperor

You should start something else, my dear chairman T_Ras as rumors are that Merchant Exchange could be completed in the next few years also..