Old March 22, 2004, 00:12   #31
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 10:09
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
What? Did somebody say something?
We have met noone as of yet.
BigFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27, 2004, 00:41   #32
Vander
ACDG The Human HivePtWDG2 SunshineAlpha Centauri Democracy GameMacCivilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Morgan
Prince

So we found CDG... What's the plan chief?
and then refusing to decide
Vander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27, 2004, 00:48   #33
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 11:09
Donegeal proposed a strong-arm tactic - sending two Apolytonian warriors to CDG's border. What does the Foreign Affairs Ministry think about this early use of pressure?
Old March 27, 2004, 00:54   #34
Vander
ACDG The Human HivePtWDG2 SunshineAlpha Centauri Democracy GameMacCivilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Morgan
Prince

I'm just a peon, but I'd like to see if they are open to trading or something.
Old March 27, 2004, 04:55   #35
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Tell them if they give us their second city, we won't attack their Captial with our killer Warrior's!

A poll is posted on what our plan of action is going to be. Once that is decided and the Consuls interpret the poll then we can decide how the FAM can approach CDG. I guess it wouldn't hurt to appraoch them as a "peaceful" Nation would even if we plan to attack them. We could get a Tech out of it I suppose. If we do plan to attack though, it won't be long before they will see the tell tale signs and possibly ask that we withdra before any deals will be made.

We'll have to wait and see what the poll tells us and whether or not they spot us before we want them to.
BigFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27, 2004, 14:00   #36
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Local Time: 12:09
i say we act peacefully. the only problem is, by the time we meet them, they'll see the 2 warrior stack. that doesn't bode well for peace.
Old March 28, 2004, 23:42   #37
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Local Time: 13:09
Folks! We need an ambassador for CDG. This is Ghengis' old team, so there is both an up-side and down-side to that.

I was thinking someone they did not know - in case our decision is to toast them. Vander? You up for this?

(btw - initial suggested correspondence with CDG in the FA-CDG thread.)
Old March 29, 2004, 10:02   #38
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Beta
..[snip]... CDG. This is Ghengis' old team
..[snip]...
Maybe we can get GF to give us a rundown of some of their team members and their MP/PBEM experiance and play styles. I would be a good point of Intelligence on them and what they might be planning over the short & medium terms.

E_T
E_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29, 2004, 10:51   #39
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 17:09
He did at one point. In the "Playstyles of the other teams" thread. I'm too lazy to look it up.

As for his whereabouts, I don't know. He's been MIA for a few days now. I have sent him two e-mails and a PM that is still unread.
Donegeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30, 2004, 00:33   #40
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Vander is clearly lost somewhere under a pile of empty wine bottles.

Ghengis has been contacted regarding ambassadorial duties.

(say that real quick 3 times...)
Old March 30, 2004, 00:56   #41
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Quote:
Vander is clearly lost somewhere under a pile of empty wine bottles.

Ghengis has been contacted regarding ambassadorial duties.

(say that real quick 3 times...)

Ghengis would actually be a good liason to them since he was on their team and knows them better than most of the rest of us.
Rhothaerill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30, 2004, 10:56   #42
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by E_T

Maybe we can get GF to give us a rundown of some of their team members and their MP/PBEM experiance and play styles. I would be a good point of Intelligence on them and what they might be planning over the short & medium terms.

E_T
I posted the play style of CDG in the CDG foreign affairs thread, in the first post

CDG Foriegn affairs
Old March 30, 2004, 11:03   #43
Beta
lifer
Deity

GF is unable to take up his duties for awhile as well.

I am out of town, and afk, for the next four days on business, so I am open to suggestions.
Old March 30, 2004, 11:08   #44
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Quote:
GF is unable to take up his duties for awhile as well.

I am out of town, and afk, for the next four days on business, so I am open to suggestions.
I guess Togas, Oct_X and or I will handle it while you are gone Beta.

But to the rest of the team, we need some folks to step up and be ambassadors!!!!!!!

Beta needs help!!!!!!
Old March 30, 2004, 17:36   #45
Vander
Prince

[Finally reveals self] Geez, I thought that wine tasted funny...

Anyway, I'd love to do something besides drink!
Old March 30, 2004, 21:10   #46
Beta
lifer
Deity

I had contacted Vander, GF, and WhiteBandit regarding this. GF is unavailable for a bit. Both Vander and WB are up for it, but as I has asked Vander first, he's it.

Vander - you are ambassador to CDG. You need to get aquainted with the issues which have already come up and are being discussed - and the correspondence to date.

And put down that damn wine bottle.

conmcb25 and Togas are around to help out. Unfortunately, (well, actually, forrtunately)I am out of town at a conference for the next 4 days. (Vancouver!!!! )

WB - you are up next. Hope that is OK. Sorry for the confusion, but Vander was away for a day.
Old March 30, 2004, 21:26   #47
Vander
Prince

But I love my wine...

Cool beans.
What are the relavent e-mail addresses I need for the ambassadorship?
Old March 30, 2004, 22:43   #48
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 12:09
I don't think they've given us any, but their team address is idg@cdgroup.org
Old May 11, 2004, 23:17   #49
Beta
lifer
Deity

Announcement from FAM
Conmcb25 is hereby appointed as Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, in addition to his role as ambassador to PAL.

He has kindly agreed to take on this role as his term as consul comes to an end (nod of gratitude), and given the current RL demands on my time. Con and I stay in pretty close touch because of other common Poly interests (Beta passes the bowl of bananas to the new deputy), so communication should not be an issue.

In my absence, which is fairly common as of late, Con will take over full responsibilty for FA matters, subject as always, to the will of the team, and the direction of the consuls. As most of you already know, Con is well suited for this new role.

I regret my absence of late, and hope to have more time available in a few weeks.

Long live Apolyton!!
Old May 11, 2004, 23:40   #50
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Thanks for this honor Beta

Between the two of us we can easily cover all the bases.

Old June 7, 2004, 22:22   #51
Beta
lifer
Deity

OK - as you are aware, con will be absent for awhile. We still have some FA duties to fulfill, and I am around (until mid-week when I am out of town - but I can stay connected).

Consuls - let me know if we need to discuss anything with the Ladderites in con's absence, and I will reconnect with CDG.
Old June 8, 2004, 10:10   #52
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
OK - as you are aware, con will be absent for awhile. We still have some FA duties to fulfill, and I am around (until mid-week when I am out of town - but I can stay connected).

Consuls - let me know if we need to discuss anything with the Ladderites in con's absence, and I will reconnect with CDG.
Thanks Beta

It looks like Ill be home by this weekend at this point.

Right now, I obviously have a lot of things going on and other than an occassional peak at the internet, I wont be able to be around much.
Old June 8, 2004, 10:33   #53
ormuzd
Civilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameIron CiversApolyton UniversityC4DG The HordeC3CDG Ankh-Morpork
Emperor

Local Time: 19:09
We have from some turns two things to check with PAL - see the turn threads
ormuzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12, 2004, 16:59   #54
Vander
Prince

THE GREAT AMBASSADOR RETURNS!

Yes comrades, I have made it back to wonderous Apolyton! My story is long and exciting, begining a fortnight ago...

It was night, and my loyal group of slaves and I were journying to Elucidian lands. All was quiet, too quiet. The typical animals of our lands, the denzins of the night, were nowhere to be heard or seen . Suddenly, the trees parted to reveal a Elucidian war party! The slave boys, though valiant, were no match for the CDG warriors. All alone, I could have taken a few of them down with me. But as it was, there was more than just a few of them, and I figured they wanted me alive.
They wanted information. I was taken to some location deep in Elucidia. All I could hear was the shuffling of their clothes diluting the crashing of the waves not too far away. When the blindfold was removed, my vision was obscured by a rather massive version of our viking “friends”. He commanded in a rough greecian tongue, “Tell me why your nation seeks those large beasts on the plain.” They were speaking of the elephants. Specifically, they wanted the secret of the ivory. They wanted Zeus.
I did not tell him what he wanted to hear. Soon I was subjected to the most horrendious of tortures: Master of Orion 3 and The Leprechan series. I could not take it!

So I escaped. Hiding among the bushes and trees of Elucidia, I slowly made my way back to glorious Apolyton. And now, here I am!

(Actually, here's what happened: When I got back from college, I couldn't get my computer working with my house's router. I was only there for a couple of days before we went to Europe for a month (My Brother had graduated college). I got back a few days ago and I finally got my computer to work. So here I am, sorry for the chaos I caused by my absense, but I never got to an internet cafe over there; just too busy. I'm fine with keeping things as is. Keep the current ambassador; I'll lurk until I'm needed again.)
Old June 13, 2004, 01:18   #55
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 11:09
Welcome back, Ambassador Vander! I'm sure our new FAM conmcb25 can find some good work for you.

BTW, If I recall correctly, Beta took over the CDG duties after your disappearance.
Old July 22, 2004, 07:15   #56
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 05:09
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Hmm... I found this. Are we going to be using it?

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
MrWhereItsAt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22, 2004, 12:45   #57
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

For the record, currently Nuclear Master is appointed ambassador to CDG. I actually made this appointment about a week ago but have not had much of a chance to check the forums lately. (This summer is shaping up to be one of the worst ones, Ive had in recent memory
)

Vander please stand by, we are bound to meet the other continent sooner or later, at that time, I will of course need more ambassadors.
Old July 22, 2004, 16:06   #58
Vander
Prince

Cool. As long as there are no suicide galleys in the next three weeks, we're ok. (I'll be OOC from the 6th- 11th)
Old August 28, 2004, 08:19   #59
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Anybody seen Nuclear Master lately?

I wonder if he had to "Go to the bathroom again"?

I need someone who is more or less going to be around for the next couple of months to handle ambassador duties with CDG.

Any volunteers??????
Old August 29, 2004, 00:59   #60
Tassadar500
Emperor

No, I'm still here, I just went on another holiday and had no cmputer acess till now. I'll be back on the 1st. Ciao!
Tassadar500 is offline   Reply With Quote